Forum » General Discussion

Post a photo of your city / town / village!

• yellowcarpet said:
    I live in Glasgow.

Have you been stabbed yet? ;)

(Just kidding...my family are from there originally, haha)

• My citty

• Sensualeyes said:

My citty

Where is this? (I'm guessing Romania since it says on your profile?) If so I was there on holiday in 2008, perhaps I've been here...

• I stay in Dundee (Scotland) for uni

but head back to my parents small rural village 4 hours away every now and then

Redigerad av insertedgyname den 9 maj 2012, 12:39
  • I live in Goa, a small state on the west coast of India, which is famous for it's beaches, drugs and fish-based food.

You get to see these kinds of fools a lot

This is a picture of the college where i live and sometimes study, which i took from an airplane

If my thought-dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine.

• wanderlustatul said:
    I live in Goa, a small state on the west coast of India, which is famous for it's beaches, drugs and fish-based food.

This is a picture of the college where i live and sometimes study, which i took from an airplane

I'm jealous you live in paradise

• I live in Fredrikstad, Norway.

Library

"Talent develops itself in solitude; character in the stream of life." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Redigerad av Leinad-95 den 22 maj 2012, 17:15
  • insertedgyname said:
    wanderlustatul said:
    I live in Goa, a small state on the west coast of India, which is famous for it's beaches, drugs and fish-based food.

I'm jealous you live in paradise

Looks pretty cool, apart from the annoying psytrance hippies

• psytrance hippies from all over the world take over my city during the summer months, rest of the year we only get old russians tourists

If my thought-dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine.

• Some more photos of my city Aberdeen, Scotland:

Bridge of Balgownie - the oldest (or at least one of the older) bridges in the UK (finished in 1320):

University of Aberdeen (founded 1495, it's the 5th oldest university in the English speaking world):

Town house on the city's main shopping street:

Citadel (owned by the Salvation Army) on the site of the old castle gates:

• Si_17 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2012, 19:40

Impossible is nothing...
    • Cutzy sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2012, 20:27

Where I Live

I live in the beautiful Sheffield! The 4th largest city in England and the greenest city in Europe. It is associated with it's famous steelworks throughout the industrial revolution and also is home to the World's oldest football club Sheffield FC.

I've grown up in Sheffield as it left it's industrial past behind and began to create a more appealing Sheffield.

(One of Sheffield's greatest landmarks, The Tinsley Cooling Towers take their final bow. The Cooling Towers stood alongside the M1 and was the greeting to everyone coming into Sheffield before 2008)

(Sheffield Train Station)

(Beyond the cooling towers is Meadowhall Shopping Centre. 'Meadow-hell' as many call it, rakes it a hell of a lot of money though)

(The city lays very close to The Peak District - The World's second most popular national park.)

(Sheffield's excellent Tram service)

(Sheffield Peace Gardens in the foreground, The Town Hall behind it.)

(Sheffield also holds the World snooker Championship)

Visit one day ;)

Sheffield <3

• DANCECORPS said:
    yellowcarpet said:
    I live in Glasgow.

Have you been stabbed yet? ;)

(Just kidding...my family are from there originally, haha)

Sadly not

Have you shagged a sheep yet? ;)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2012, 20:42

Re: Where I Live

Cutzy said:

(Beyond the cooling towers is Meadowhall Shopping Centre. 'Meadow-hell' as many call it, rakes it a hell of a lot of money though)

I think people are very unfair about cooling towers, and brutalist/functional architecture in general. Having grown up in the Midlands I can't help loving the industrial and very 'unnatural' environment I live in. It might be a stark and damaged beauty, but I find it beautiful nethertheless. Whilst I can't offer any informed opinions about cooling towers regarding their environmental impact or the effects of living close to such dramatic structures, I actually sort of like them. To me they look like an enormous Katja Strunz sculpture, or a site of alien pre-human worship.

Maybe i'm just a bit weird... ;p

• I'm jealous of you lot that live in the UK and in European nations with awesome, old-school buildings. New Zealand is only just over 150 years old, and most of our older buildings were torn down and replaced with new ones. It's sad. I love old buildings.

Leave my a's alone.
    • NFXFSX sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2012, 21:49
    graaaaaaace said:
    I'm jealous of you lot that live in the UK and in European nations with awesome, old-school buildings. New Zealand is only just over 150 years old, and most of our older buildings were torn down and replaced with new ones. It's sad. I love old buildings.

Could be worse. The biggest building in my town is only 4 stories high and ugly. Actually, everything about this town sucks.

• Is it just me or does there seem to be too many Scottish people on this forum?

• Användare
    • 10 maj 2012, 22:46
    graaaaaaace said:
    I'm jealous of you lot that live in the UK and in European nations with awesome, old-school buildings. New Zealand is only just over 150 years old, and most of our older buildings were torn down and replaced with new ones. It's sad. I love old buildings.

I feel the exact same way. UK, here I come!

• Naijca sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 11 maj 2012, 02:54

Hear their screams, such sweet music. ♥ Message me → [Inbox]
    Last.fmで顧客サポートを行う。日本語でおk! → [メール]

• Macquarie Park, 15km NW from Sydney, Red Arrow indicates my house :D

• Användare
    • 11 maj 2012, 04:19
    Just gonna quote:

DaddyPobbin said:
    DaddyPobbin said:
    Belfast,

Irish: Béal Feirste

The shared history, the language, the scenery/parks , the centuries old bars, tradition, the music and night life, the politics, the film industry, the women =]

Stormont:The Parliamentary buildings where they do very little parliamentary work

View from the Hill

Malone House, Barnett's Demesne, Lagan valley

Belfast City Hall

Donegall Place

Art Deco Belfast

Grand Central

Elephants

Bank of Ireland

Some of Charle's Lanyon's works:

No.1 Custom House Square

Albert Clock

Queens University Belfast [QUB] in the Uk's top 20

Whites Tavern: The Oldest Bar in Belfast that I frequent.

Bittles Bar

Duke of York

Dalí & the entry

Crown Bar:

Europa: The Most bombed hotel in Europe [and they tell you that when you check in]

St Annes/Cathedral Quarter

New Lyric Theatre on the embankment

Grand Opera House

'The Balls on the Falls', Falls Road

(Mad Bastards)

Titanic Museum Belfast

The Paint House (to the left of the Museum) is where they film Game of Thrones

Looking to the Docks, Harland and Wolff cranes, Samson and Goliath

Cave Hill/Belfast Castle

'Peace walls' separating nationalist an unionist communities, one of the last divided cities in Europe.

Bobby Sands MP, hunger striker, martyr to Irish Republicanism#

Mural of Belfast born C.S. Lewis (of Narnia fame)

More Belfast murals: http://www.last.fm/forum/5/_/512138/519#f12573286

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 14 maj 2012, 19:22
    • Användare
    • 11 maj 2012, 04:50
    Naijca said:

Where is this? Beautiful!

• DaddyPobbin said:
    Where is this? Beautiful!
    Ålesund, Norway

• oliskye sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 maj 2012, 08:46

kolotipikukalatiminu baa baaaaa walatiminungkadabungbangbung

• Cutzy sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 maj 2012, 22:22

Re: Re: Where I Live

Selfsurprise said:
    Cutzy said:

I think people are very unfair about cooling towers, and brutalist/functional architecture in general. Having grown up in the Midlands I can't help loving the industrial and very 'unnatural' environment I live in. It might be a stark and damaged beauty, but I find it beautiful nethertheless. Whilst I can't offer any informed opinions about cooling towers regarding their environmental impact or the effects of living close to such dramatic structures, I actually sort of like them. To me they look like an enormous Katja Strunz sculpture, or a site of alien pre-human worship.

Maybe i'm just a bit weird... ;p

I used to love those cooling towers so I'm not gunna call you weird at all :P

Around 10,000 people saw their destruction. It kinda put some perspective on how much of a loved landmark they were.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.