Forum » General Discussion

Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, and other things?

• Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, and other things?

I've been pondering this question myself recently after watching some episodes of Ghost Hunters
    {"did you hear that?! what was that..noise.."}
    nope, I didn't hear it Grant and Jason, you must be mistaken.

I apparently grew up in a haunted apt, according to my mom.
    And while staying at my boyfriends' Great Grandfather's cabin last year I took a picture of this ghostly-looking face staring into the camera

I also have a quite terrible fear of aliens. Some nights I can't sleep because I'm too fricken afraid {thanks The Fourth Kind..}

So what do you guys think? Are ghosts real? How about aliens? Bigfoot? Nessie?
    have any of you witnessed anything "supernatural"?

Please let there be light In a darkened room
  • I believe I can fly...

I believe I can touch the sky...

:-)

• Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 mar 2012, 20:43
    Nope.

What breaks my pride, will break your skull. I bring the end, just like an Archangel.

• sgath92 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 mar 2012, 21:12
    I saw my flatmate walk into his bedroom one night. I asked him what was going on & he didn't answer. So I got out of my room and walked into his, where all the lights were off. Turned on the light and no one was in there. No other way out. Walked out and found him at his computer in a different part of the apartment. I have no explanation for why I saw a 6'5 guy walk into that room.

One night while watching TV the latched curio cabinet on the wall, which has been there unmolested for twenty years; opened. A salt shaker flew out of it and landed in the middle of the room. Still not understanding how it could have happened, but it did.

Ghosts? Who knows. Its freaky.

I find the concept of EVPs intriguing. I have a few theories on how you can get things that sound like voices in recordings. Poorshielding & poor grounding can cause recording equipment to pick up RF. I had one tape deck back in the day that would randomly put local CB broadcasts into dubs if you had more than one mic plugged into it. But for that to cause a given EVP you'd need whatever is being said to be said on the air at that exact moment which I find unrealistic.

Initially I suspected that "spirit boxes" were thought up by conartists to trick people into thinking there are ghosts by using a radio to pickup parts of real human voices from radio broadcasts. If you take a radio and hit the "seek" button fast enough you can get it to say a syllable from one radio station, another from the next one it finds, etc. If you can do this fast enough you will get it to "talk" without any "ghost" to do the talking. But that can't explain when the voice stays the same through the duration of a long sentence [i.e. many, many clips of RF reception from different sources], nor can it explain why you may get just white noise until you get a coherent word or sentence. You would think that you'd be getting parts of words, music, etc instead of white noise.

Much of what ghost hunters does can be thrown out due to RF contamination. I have seen episodes where they are using EMF detectors to supposedly "show" that paranormal activity is going on. This would be interesting, if they were not walking around with massive EMF pumps [walkie talkies & cellphones!]. Any EMF evidence is going to be irrelevant when you're bringing in sources of EMF. I could get an EMF detector to do an LED "dance" all night by keying a RF transmitter [walkie talkie].

• bhb192 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 mar 2012, 22:06
    Uh, yeah. I don't have to prove it, I just have to sit and wait :P

• Re: Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, and other things?

marjattamusiikk said:
    I also have a quite terrible fear of aliens. Some nights I can't sleep because I'm too fricken afraid
    Same here! I mentioned this before to a therapist (haha) and asked her why this is (being terrified of aliens). She said it probably has something to do with a fear of losing control or being out of control. (Which makes sense, as aliens have been said to outright abduct people, haha). So she could be right! However (and this might help you cope with your fear as well) - I've discovered that maybe I shouldn't be so afraid of aliens after all; they are said to be of higher intelligence than humans, so... you'd think these extraterrestrials would know what the hell they're really doing when they wanna dabble with us! I hope this helps :-)

Anyway, do I believe such entities exist? If they do, I think they would probably be located more beyond our current dimensions of physics, time, space, etc. More like among the immaterial... and anyone's supposed reports of UFO phenomena and the like have probably somehow accidentally overlapped their consciousness with those other planes of reality, allowing them to perceive what normally cannot be perceived. If any of this sounds "crazy", then I'd recommend reading up on peoples' experiences with dimethyltryptamine (DMT), or the book "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" to be more specific.

EDIT: Added link.

Redigerad av ava1enzue1a den 19 mar 2012, 22:45
  • Most shows on TV about anything paranormal are a load of BS just used by the network to get more ignorant viewers because every god damn network has to have a ghost hunting show.

I've never had any personal experiences with ghosts but i see a possibility they could exist, as for aliens i strongly believe there is life out there, maybe not the little grey men kind but some form of life. The universe is too big for there not to be other life out there.

• BiIIyShears said:
    The universe is too big for there not to be other life out there.
    "And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head: you fold it." Around the World in a Tea Daze - Shpongle

;-)

Redigerad av ava1enzue1a den 19 mar 2012, 22:53
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 mar 2012, 22:53
    It's not aliens or spirits we should be afraid of so much, it's crafty twofaced humans :-| There are definitely phenomena which are deliberately not publicised due to vested interests and the need of authorities to keep the average citizen subjected in a sort of fear. Throughout the ages, those in power have ridiculed these phenomena, murdered many of their practicioners, and kept the secrets to themselves. If prisoners are told they're free enough times some will start to believe it, so they don't try to escape from their prison. This is largely for economic and hierarchical reasons, as the blind men don't like to know about people with sight. There are plenty of examples on the internet (for example Youtube) of alternative experiments.

• TianaBullen said:
    It's not aliens or spirits we should be afraid of so much, it's crafty twofaced humans
    "The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

• yes.

• I don't believe in idiocy (ghosts or paranormal or whatever), but existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is pretty obvious.

I used to read about plenty of paranormal-related stuff, but more for entertainment than out of belief these days. I was pretty credulous when I was younger, with a special interest in Nessie, the Bermuda Triangle and Big Foot.

• Supernatural beings? No.
    Extraterrestrial life? Seems likely, but we've never had any sort of contact with them.

• TianaBullen said:
    It's not aliens or spirits we should be afraid of so much, it's crafty twofaced humans :-| There are definitely phenomena which are deliberately not publicised due to vested interests and the need of authorities to keep the average citizen subjected in a sort of fear. Throughout the ages, those in power have ridiculed these phenomena, murdered many of their practicioners, and kept the secrets to themselves. If prisoners are told they're free enough times some will start to believe it, so they don't try to escape from their prison. This is largely for economic and hierarchical reasons, as the blind men don't like to know about people with sight. There are plenty of examples on the internet (for example Youtube) of alternative experiments.

Dude, what?

• holly75 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2012, 13:07
    I've never experienced anything paranormal, but my mother has where she used to work and that's not something she would lie about. She is a nurse and worked in a nursing home. The stories she would tell me gave me goosebumps. When she was hired in, they warned her about the place being haunted and she pretty much shrugged it off and said, "yeah okay", but within a couple months of working there (and she worked third shift when a lot of the stuff happened), she started hearing and seeing things.

And I also believe other life forms exist. It is foolish to think that we are the only living creatures in the universe.

Nobody dies a virgin....life fucks us all. ~ Kurt Cobain
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2012, 13:20
    Aliens? There's a whole bunch illegally crossing the Mexico US borderline. No shit that they're real.

• TianaBullen said:
    It's not aliens or spirits we should be afraid of so much, it's crafty twofaced humans :-|

• I believe in the existance of energies existing at multiple frequencies and in multiple locations/dimensions as described by quantum physics and string theory. Do I believe in disembodied "souls" wandering the earth.. No.

I believe that to think we are the only sentient, intelligent life forms in this universe would be ignorant. Do I believe they beam us out of bed at night and stick things in our arses.. Dono. It hasn't happened to me so far.

..... but we can still be friends.

Irony.

Join The Best Group ever!!!
  • Re: Re: Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, and other things?

ava1enzue1a said:
    marjattamusiikk said:
    I also have a quite terrible fear of aliens. Some nights I can't sleep because I'm too fricken afraid
    Same here! I mentioned this before to a therapist
    EDIT: Added link.

glad I'm not alone. maybe mentioning it to a therapist would help. thanks!

Please let there be light In a darkened room
    • Oreiora sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 mar 2012, 00:22
    I don't believe in the supernatural, however as mentioned above, extraterrestrial lifeforms may possibly, if not certainly, exist.

• holly75 said:
    And I also believe other life forms exist. It is foolish to think that we are the only living creatures in the universe.

This sums it up entirely.
    I've never had any paranormal things happen with me myself, I've heard plenty of stories, but I'll be more likely to believe in such things when I experience myself.

• Aliens exist. That is all.

• Användare
    • 23 mar 2012, 18:35
    I believe in ANCIENT ALIENZ!

• Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2012, 18:42

What breaks my pride, will break your skull. I bring the end, just like an Archangel.

• Ha, I was about to write a serious replay, but that picture is cracking me up. Classic.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.