Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Audioscrobler crashing iTunes on OSX Snow Leppard

• Audioscrobler crashing iTunes on OSX Snow Leppard

Since the recent update to Last.fm, I have been experiencing constant iTunes crashes when trying to make changes to the song titles on CDs so they show the way I like before scanning the CD onto my computer.

It is now virtually impossible to do when I try, to the point where I am seriously considering removing Last.FM from my computer so I can keep on using iTunes without issues. Even quitting Last.FM before doing the changes doesn't change the issue, I still get a crash and the crash report says 'iTunes quit unexpectedly while using the AudioScrobbler plugin'

Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks

themilkman | www.themilkfactory.co.uk | London

• I have deleted Last.fm from my computer completely, and iTunes is not crashing anymore. It's not really an ideal option though...

• having the same problem. iTunes crashes every time the track changes on cd.
    no problems when the track changes when listening from library.

what should I do?

"Joo. Hyvää pataa ollaan naamatusten,
    mutta muuten lyyään puukkua selekään.
    Kyllä on kyny meininki täälä, ei vetele."
  • Same thing is happening to me. It is crashing on both Leopard and Snow Leopard on CD plays but library plays are fine.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar... and doesn't.
    • thisfire sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 sep 2011, 19:02
    iTunes crashes every time the track changes on cd.
    no problems when the track changes when listening from library.

what should I do?

• Casseee sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 sep 2011, 16:46
    I'm having the same problem and it's driving me nuts.

• also having the same problem with CDs playing in iTunes with the Audioscrobbler plugin.

MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    iTunes 10.4.1
    Last.fm version 1.5.4.28012

• Yup, I'm having the very same problem, never happened before the most recent update. It's really, really frustrating.

MacBook OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    iTunes 10.4.1
    Last.fm 1.5.4.28012

• Same problem here.

Same problem here. The automated report going out to iTunes says it's due to the Audioscrobbler plugin.

I understand bugs happen, but it's really frustrating to see this lots of people commenting on this issue in this thread and others without a word from Last.fm. Is this on your radar of things to do?

• Just a quick follow-up to my last post. Since for my purposes I only occasionally listen to discs, I have resorted to moving AudioScrobbler.bundle out of the iTunes Plug-ins folder when listening to discs. This lets me at least listen to the CD. When I'm listening to my regular iTunes library or last.fm, I can move the plugin back into that folder to track my listens.

Far from ideal, but since Last.fm haven't even added this bug to their list of known issues (http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/605040), I thought I'd post it up here in case anyone else finds it useful.

• same issue here
    what you can do (pending a proper solution) is open itunes in safe-mode when listening to cd's: press option+command while opening itunes, you'll get a warning that all plug-ins have been temporarily disabled, press "continue" and you can play cd's

• Having the same problem. When I play a CD, the Audioscrobbler plugin is causing iTunes to crash. Not sure where or if I can file a bug report, but if any staff are interested I can post the problem report details given by OS X.

• BlipHop sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 sep 2011, 10:11
    Having the same problem here with snow leopard & itunes 10.4.1.

• Also having this problem (Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 and iTunes 10.4.1). Very irritating.

• ericnicolaas said:
    Just a quick follow-up to my last post. Since for my purposes I only occasionally listen to discs, I have resorted to moving AudioScrobbler.bundle out of the iTunes Plug-ins folder when listening to discs. This lets me at least listen to the CD. When I'm listening to my regular iTunes library or last.fm, I can move the plugin back into that folder to track my listens.

Far from ideal, but since Last.fm haven't even added this bug to their list of known issues (http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/605040), I thought I'd post it up here in case anyone else finds it useful.

How do you remove the plugin?

thanks,

Matt

• having the same issue here. What about admins. it is a serious bug and should have an immediate answer

• getting the same problem

• Ugh. I'm trying to copy songs from a burned CD and I can't listen to part of a song without iTunes crashing, and when I restart the name I gave the song is gone. IRRITATING. This NEEDS to be fixed, SOON.

• InertiaCreepy said:
    ericnicolaas said:
    Just a quick follow-up to my last post. Since for my purposes I only occasionally listen to discs, I have resorted to moving AudioScrobbler.bundle out of the iTunes Plug-ins folder when listening to discs. This lets me at least listen to the CD. When I'm listening to my regular iTunes library or last.fm, I can move the plugin back into that folder to track my listens.

How do you remove the plugin?

thanks,

Matt

Assuming your Mac is set up similarly to the way mine is, you go to ~/youruserfolder/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/ and move AudioScrobbler.bundle out of the plugins folder. I just move it from the plugins folder to the iTunes folder, and then move it back when I've finished listening to CDs.

• Having the same problem here and it drives me crazy!

Mac Os 10.6.7
    iTunes 10.5
    Last FM 1.5.4.28012

• Same problem here...
    I think a bug like this should be solved or at least get an answer from Last.fm.

My specs:

Mac OS 10.6.8
    iTunes 10.5
    Last FM 1.5.4.28012

• Just removing the plugin works for me. Don't put it back. I can still scrobble while still playing from cd or the iTunes library.

Why I can still scrobble with no plug in, I don't know, but after removing it, everything is working hunky dory.

• LostArk sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 nov 2011, 00:27
    I'm experiencing the same problem.

OSX 10.6.8
    iTunes 10.2.2
    Last.fm 1.5.4.28012

Edit:

I found a fix for this problem. As others have mentioned, simply move the AudioScrobbler.bundle file out of your ~/User/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/ folder. After removing the file I am able to scrobble from CD or my library with no errors.

• I was hoping there'd have been a fix for this by now, but it looks like the issue is still happening. I have tried to install the plug-in a few times since my original post, but every time I've ended up deleting it from my computer.

The odd thing is that I use the plugin at work, on Lion without problem. Whether this is a problem with the plugin itself or with iTunes, it'd be nice to have at least some idea.

If, as suggested above, you move the plugin out of the plugin folder, what do you do with it?

• moving the plugin

@themilkman

I've just moved it up a directory (into Library/iTunes). As KingCoffey above pointed out, scrobbling still works.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.