Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Client UPDATE: iTunes Scrobbling / Lion OS X issues.

• DOESN'T WORK FOR ME

I just uninstalled Last.fm, downloaded the new one, restarted my Macbook Pro and then installed the new Last.fm, and I keep having the same problem. I put on a CD and iTunes crashes after each song. I HATE THIS!! What can I do to fix this?

said:
    Radikal_Dreamer said:
    Whenever I'm listening to a CD and the track changes itunes crashes because of the Audioscrobbler plugin.
    I'm having the same problem. :(

• Re: DOESN'T WORK FOR ME

Same for me too. Even if everything else is working, I still can't scrobble CDs with ITunes.

:3
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 okt 2011, 15:53
    no clue what i'm doing wrong
    i've uninstalled, tried to delete my plays multiple times and reinstall the scrobbler but the plugin just wont work effectively

• Användare
    • 27 okt 2011, 15:53
    no clue what i'm doing wrong
    i've uninstalled, tried to delete my plays multiple times and reinstall the scrobbler but the plugin just wont work effectively

• Användare
    • 27 okt 2011, 15:55
    myglassprison_ said:
    "lycandeej said...
    2 Oct 2011, 14:40

Uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted, and still it says it's scrobbling but it never shows up on my page." - The same to me.

i've done the same...gonna try updating itunes now :(

• When I listen to songs, they show up like a day later. Annoying.

• exant sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 okt 2011, 15:50

Playing a CD causes a crash after upgrade to Lion

Tried reInstalling/updating/restarting/Verifying/repairing. All failed.
    AudioScrobbler needs to be set to 32bit. Couldn't understand the whereabouts to change this so I just import the CD and play it.

Exantiam
    • peternh sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 okt 2011, 13:32

CD crashes iTunes

Application crashes iTunes at the end of each track/beginning of new track whenever I play a CD. iTunes reports it is Audioscrobbler to blame. Quitting Audioscrobbler doesn't relieve problem. Have now been forced to delete it from two machines which both had the same problem.

On Lion latest release and latest release of Audioscrobbler.

• My scrobbler is only scrobbling some tracks! It wont scrobble 윤미래 but will everything else apparently! I know several other people have the ame problem for the same tag??

• Re: CD crashes iTunes

peternh said:
    Application crashes iTunes at the end of each track/beginning of new track whenever I play a CD. iTunes reports it is Audioscrobbler to blame. Quitting Audioscrobbler doesn't relieve problem. Have now been forced to delete it from two machines which both had the same problem.

On Lion latest release and latest release of Audioscrobbler.

It's driving me completely bonkers

• HELLO??? LAST.FM?

Most of us are having the same problem with Lion + CD + iTunes + Audioscrobbler.
    Last.fm staff, hello??? How can we fix this? HELP!

• I send a tweet on twitter to the support staff:
    @lastfmsupport any news about the audioscrobbler-related iTunes-crashes (mac-users) when playing a cd? last.fm/forum/34905/_/…

Their response:
    @hydraulix16aa It will be fixed in later release of the client, we don't know exactly when that will be however.

• hjm1293 sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 nov 2011, 13:31
    since the new itunes update, it has been saying 'no scrobbles found on iphone'....HELP anyone?

• That bug is highly critical. It should be fixed as soon as possible, I can't believe they just say "It will be fixed in later release of the client, we don't know exactly when that will be however." such a shame, really.

• xris sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 nov 2011, 15:02

iTunes CD scrobble crash

Come on Last.FM, it's really time to get the iTunes/CD scrobbling fixed. Highly annoying.

...time to goooogle and try-out alternative services...

• Re: HELLO??? LAST.FM?

anasghost said:
    Most of us are having the same problem with Lion + CD + iTunes + Audioscrobbler.
    Last.fm staff, hello??? How can we fix this? HELP!

problem isn't only with Lion, I still have Leopard and am driven mad with iTunes-crashes. over 2 months I have been listening mainly Spotify but all my music isn't available there.

over 2 months and NOT A SINGLE WORD from last.fm-staff, what's with that?

everytime the iTunes crashes I send a report to Apple and HOPE that they can fix it with iTunes since last.fm is incompetent and indifferent.
    please help me Apple, you're my only hope.

"Joo. Hyvää pataa ollaan naamatusten,
    mutta muuten lyyään puukkua selekään.
    Kyllä on kyny meininki täälä, ei vetele."
  • Wrong Speakers - Mac

The client is ignoring the Sound Output System Preference setting and uses the internal speakers.
    No other app that uses sound has this problem.

Lion 10.7.2
    Last.fm 1.5.4.28012

• Most annoying part of this is the lack of any update from last.fm

Poor.

You'd never exist if you wasn't generic....
    You'll have to impress our bovine public...
    • polosven sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 nov 2011, 15:02
    Same problem for me: iTunes 10 + Snow Leopard + audioscrobbler = iTunes crashing after every CD track ending...

Waiting for upgrade...

Tried iScrobbler, doesn't seem as complete as last.fm official audioscrobbler!

• Användare
    • 8 nov 2011, 12:02
    i want to scrobble again!! :(
    haven't scrobbled since august.. sighhh..
    i'm using the last.fm scrobbler and itunes

• mac os x 10.7.2 no way to see scrobbling..
    my last fm scribbler launches 2 times when iTunes starts

any idea?

• scathlok sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 nov 2011, 16:04
    same problem here... iTunes 10.5 crashing at end of each track.

MAC OS X 10.6.8
    Last.FM version 1.5.4.28012

• iTunes crashes, NOT during CD-playback

I see a lot of people complaining about iTunes crashing during CD playback. Well, I don't really play CDs on the Mac where I scrobble, but iTunes does crash at the end of tracks (though not after every one). The crash error message blames the scrobbler plugin... and I believe it. On another mac that does't scrobble, iTunes plays CDs and everything else just fine without crashing. Two years ago the same sort of thing happened and with no sign of any urgency to fix the issue on the developers' part, I uninstalled the buggy plugin and gave up on Last.fm entirely. Mysteriously, it started working again a couple of months ago... but for the past couple of weeks we're back in crash city. I'm about to give up again. If this ENTIRE service (admittedly, free) is predicated on scrobbling, and iTunes users are not an insignificant segment of the market, WHY WHY WHY do they place such low priority in fixing these issues as quickly as possible???

OS X 10.7.2 / iTunes 10.5 / Last.fm 1.5.4.28012

• Lol..

So, I reported this to Last.fm and told them how it's BS etc etc.

They said sorry, working on a "new major revamp" so we're not fixing any bugs for a few months" Then IN THE SUPPORT EMAIL mentioned how they were looking for a programer and it's needed ASAP and if I or anyone I knew was interested.

Seriously?

Has last.fm just become MySpace?

//delete

• Wow... I seriously don't get that: why working on a major revamp, if this one isn't even working properly. This is only sending more users away and there are even subscribers with this problem. I'm very appalled by this and quite honestly I'm losing my patience.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.