Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Don't works scrobbler with iOS 5 beta

• iOS 5.0 Beta 7 and latest iTunes 2.4 Beta 8

The problem disappeared after I updated to iOS 5.0 Beta 7 and iTunes 2.4 Beta 7 and works with iTunes 2.4 Beta 8 as well.

• MrPogoUK sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 okt 2011, 17:11
    My problem seems to be that since I got iOS 5 the tracks I play on my iPhone are no longer appearing in the "recently played" list in iTunes, which obviously stops them scrobbling. Anyone got any ideas? I've had a look in the settings, but can't see anything obvious :(

• Skeat sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 okt 2011, 15:50
    Any fix for Windows?

• i tried the work around for the ios 5 and itunes 10.5 and it still doesnt scrobble my tracks!!! please release an official update!

• Mine isn't scrobbling at all. Please help.

• ... Same here. Sigh. Please do something -- I've pretty much been installing and uninstalling and restarting over and over again and nothing works. I'm so tired of this!

• windows, IOS5 on an iphone, latest itunes, no scrobbling of the phone - seems to be the same problem as MrPogoUK. It is scrobbling from itunes itself.

And there's this thread on the apple forums about it being a bug. Lets hope it gets sorted out. I'm about to go on a 2 week roadtrip which will get me many hundreds of scrobbles via phone, that it appears won't get counted.

• benbnmorg said:
    My iTunes is scrobbling fine, but it's not taking any scrobbles from my iPhone :(

• Thank you!!

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 5 feb 2013, 12:44
  • @OutBreakOfEvil2 - no, the problem is that with the IOS 5.x update, play counts from iphones (I don't know about other apple devices) isn't transferring over... The diagnostic check doesn't sort it out. It's not a last.fm problem - it's apple dicking us around, yet again.

• osakavg sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 nov 2011, 12:11
    I have iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4, iTunes 10.5.1 on my Mac, lastfm scrobbler 1.5.4.28012.

I have been checking play counts against individual tracks before and after syncing with iTunes, then running the scrobbler; the scrobbler picks the same and correct number of tracks to pass to lastfm.

The thing is though, it doesn't scrobble them all. Last time out (about 15 minutes ago) it only submitted 50 out of the 147 scrobbles that it told me it had detected. That is not an Apple problem!

Is there a limit on the play count the scrobbler will send? That wouldn't make sense. And 50 wouldn't be the limit as I have noticed different erroneous values. So there is either a bug in the scrobbler or there is a deliberate, random limit on the track counts scrobbbled (from my experience anyway). If the scrobbler doesn't send what it sees, the whole concept of scrobbling is rather diluted.

Anyone know if there is some lastfm policy on the limiting of play counts?

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 5 feb 2013, 12:44
    • osakavg sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 nov 2011, 20:19
    @OutBreakOfEvil2 Not sure if meant that for me or @mistertroy but you're right. I think all iPods/iPhones have only ever incremented the play count after the song has completely finished. Play count isn't my issue though ... :(

• DrBlur sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 dec 2011, 14:26
    I tried the fix Jonocle suggested and it still isn't finding all the hundreds of scrobbles I should have since September. The fact that a fellow user even has to try and BUILD a fix is a joke...I guess LastFM has given up on the Mac scrobbler, since it doesn't work at all anymore unless your iPod is plugged right in and playing.

• Ben-Bel sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 dec 2011, 00:12
    This is an ok solution for 0.79 €: http://cloudscrob.com/. Works perfectly!

• Is anyone else having stability issues with the latest iOS App?

Out of all the applications on my phone, this is by far the least reliable. Inconsistently crashes for no reason? I noticed this problem right when it was released and was kinda hoping for an update by now. (iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4S)

• I don't appear to have an iTunes Plug-ins folder??

Don't hesitate
  • My ipod scrobbles is not working. I tried reinstalling. Doing the zipped file that was mentioned. Can someone guide me step by step to do this? I would gladly appreciate this.

• Re:Possible fix

jonocole пишет:
    I've been trying to debug the problem and have a possible fix.

Try the following and let me know how you get on:

1) download http://cdn.last.fm/jono/AudioScrobbler.bundle-250711.zip
    2) extract the file and move the AudioScrobbler.bundle file to {Home directory}/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
    3) restart iTunes

If you have upgraded to Lion then you may find that you get a warning about 32-bit plugins. As I have been unable to find any details from Apple on an updated 64-bit plugin SDK there's not much that can be done about this.

As a workaround you can select the iTunes application in the Finder, choose the “Get Info” command in the File menu, and check the “Open in 32-bit mode” checkbox in the iTunes Info window.

Thank you so much!
    OS X 10.6.8
    iTunes 10.5.1
    iOS 5.0.1
    Works perfectly now!!!

• Worked Great

OS X Lion 10.7.3
    iTunes 10.5.3
    Last.fm app 1.5.4
    Brand new Intel MacBook Pro (bought 3/28/2012)

Worked like a charm, recognized my iPod immediately after not doing so in either an older version of Last.fm or this 1.5.4

Thanks for the assist!

• windows media player not scrobbling

i have the same problem with windows media player.
    it used to scrobble, but since the last few days it won´t work -.-
    can anyone help?

• Autoplay not working

I have to manually press play to hear every track on my Macbook. Kind of annoying..

• Autoplay not working

I have to manually press play to hear every track on my Macbook. Kind of annoying..

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.