Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Don't works scrobbler with iOS 5 beta

• thanks! that worked!

• Re:Possible fix

jonocole said:
    I've been trying to debug the problem and have a possible fix.

Try the following and let me know how you get on:

1) download http://cdn.last.fm/jono/AudioScrobbler.bundle-250711.zip
    2) extract the file and move the AudioScrobbler.bundle file to {Home directory}/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
    3) restart iTunes

If you have upgraded to Lion then you may find that you get a warning about 32-bit plugins. As I have been unable to find any details from Apple on an updated 64-bit plugin SDK there's not much that can be done about this.

As a workaround you can select the iTunes application in the Finder, choose the “Get Info” command in the File menu, and check the “Open in 32-bit mode” checkbox in the iTunes Info window.

unfortunately, i am still having an issue even after this fix. the problem for me isn't scrobbling the ipod tracks so much as it is detecting the ipod in the first place in the last,fm preferences. any suggestions on how to get the ipod to show up in AS via 10.4 & AS 1.5.4.27088?

• Juliaa_B sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jul 2011, 23:29
    Thank you so much :)

• rmobhz sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 00:00
    Worked! :D
    Many thanks.

• NicDowse sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 00:01

Post this fix as a "Read First: Known Problems"

Thanks, worked for me

Please post the link up the top of the Client Support page so it's easier to find.

• No joy :(

In my attempts to get this working Sunday, I made the mistake of deleting all my iPods/iPhones from Last.fm Scrobbler (i.e., 'known iPods' under Last.fm -> Preferences -> iPod).

Downloaded your new AudioScrobbler.bundle. Replaced the one in my ~/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins. Set iTunes to 32 bit. Launched Last.fm Scrobbler. Launched iTunes. Plugged in my iPhone and .... nothing. Last.fm Scrobbler doesn't see it; it's not added to known iPods. <brown word/>!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 05:20

Re:Possible fix

jonocole said:

2) extract the file and move the AudioScrobbler.bundle file to {Home directory}/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
    3) restart iTunes

If you have upgraded to Lion then you may find that you get a warning about 32-bit plugins. As I have been unable to find any details from Apple on an updated 64-bit plugin SDK there's not much that can be done about this.

As a workaround you can select the iTunes application in the Finder, choose the “Get Info” command in the File menu, and check the “Open in 32-bit mode” checkbox in the iTunes Info window.

This definitely worked for me. Thanks.

• This morning, last.fm didn't start automatically even after the fix. I had to manually start it, and of course it didn't find any scrobbles, although there were a few.

A reason might be that I started the iTunes by plugging in the iPod. Maybe I have to first start it manually, and then plug in the iPod.

jonocole said:

3) restart iTunes

Thank you! You are a legend. All is working again.

• tonyburt sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 09:28

Thanks.

Worked fine for me. Thanks guys.

• For those that still can't get ipod scrobbling to work (a separate issue to lion), please try the steps outlined here, if you haven't done so already:

iPod Scrobbling: How-to and Troubleshooting

If you're still having difficulties, please give us further details, including:

• What's the iPod model/generation you are requesting support for? (you can determine your iPod model from here and here )
    • What operating system exactly are you using?
    • What version of the Last.fm Scrobbler do you have installed? (Lookup: In the Scrobbler under Help > About Last.fm...)
    • What iTunes version are you using and did you recently install an update?
    • What's the version of your iTunes plugin? (Lookup: In the Scrobbler under Help > About Last.fm...)
    • Do you syncronise your iPod with iTunes manually or automatically?
    • When did you start having this problem?

Is it Christmas yet?
    http://www.last.fm/christmas

jonocole said:
    Confirming that this works with iTunes 10.4, Last.fm client 1.5.4 and OS X 10.6.8. Thanks!

• Worling8 sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 16:15
    I am having an issue locating {Home directory}/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/

• will it make a difference if i open Itunes with 32-bits?

• B24_Bob sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 16:25
    Worling8 said:
    I am having an issue locating {Home directory}/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
    Open up a new Finder window. Hit Command-Shift-G on your keyboard. This will open up the Go To Folder dialog. Type ~/Library/iTunes/ in the dialog and hit enter. If you don't see the iTunes Plug-ins folder, you'll need to make one.

What might be happening is that Lion has automatically hidden the ~/Library/ folder when looking at it from ~/, but you can still access it by using the Go To Folder method I listed above. Issuing a certain command in the Terminal can restore its visibility in the Finder.

• RageJage sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 16:40
    jonocole said:

3) restart iTunes

This fix worked first time, but any time I re-open iTunes afterwards, Last.fm doesn't open, and even if I open it manually it still doesn't scrobble. So I have to do step 2) and 3) every single time I want to scrobble!

My iPods are an iPod classic 80GB (2007-2009) and an iPhone 3G (8GB) (neither are scrobbling without doing the above).
    I'm using OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).
    I'm using Last.fm Scrobbler 1.5.4.27088.
    iTunes version is 10.4.
    I scrobble automatically.
    I started having the problem as soon as I updated to iTunes 10.4 (on Monday).

Thanks!

• still won't scrobble from my Ipod

Same ragejage but my one still won't take scrobbles from my ipod only itunes. Only opened last.fm automatically once and even then it didn't scrobble from the i-pod :(

It keeps coming up saying that it is ready for Ipod scrobbling but it just won't bloody do it!

• Maddieman said:
    For those that still can't get ipod scrobbling to work (a separate issue to lion), please try the steps outlined here, if you haven't done so already:

iPod Scrobbling: How-to and Troubleshooting

If you're still having difficulties, please give us further details, including:

• What's the iPod model/generation you are requesting support for? (you can determine your iPod model from here and here )
    • What operating system exactly are you using?
    • What version of the Last.fm Scrobbler do you have installed? (Lookup: In the Scrobbler under Help > About Last.fm...)
    • What iTunes version are you using and did you recently install an update?
    • What's the version of your iTunes plugin? (Lookup: In the Scrobbler under Help > About Last.fm...)
    • Do you syncronise your iPod with iTunes manually or automatically?
    • When did you start having this problem?

Model: iPod Classic 160 Gig introduced 09/2009

Op. system is Mac OS X 10.5.8

Last.fm version: Last.fm for Mac OS 10 Version 1.5.4.27088

iTunes 10.4, updated last Thursday.

I don't understand the question about the plugin, I already stated the client version, the file to be copied to the plugins folder is constantly being downloaded any time I want to scrobble from the iPod, a bit cumbersome...

I synchronize automatically

Before that day it was often losing tracks (either lost everything or nothing, lost usually when I listened to a lot of tracks), now it's not scrobbling from the iPod except if I download the zip file you gave before and copy the extracted file to the appropriate folder again...

• Re:Possible fix and this time its worked!

jonocole said:

3) restart iTunes

-----
    Would like to add that this worked fine on the first launch of iTunes, but subsequent launches of iTunes and lastfm doesn't launch. If I re apply the above it works, but only the once. Thanks to jonocole for trying but not quite fixed :(
    ------

Its now working every time

Model iphone iOS 4.3.3
    Mac 10.7
    iTunes 10.4 (32 bit)
    Auto update LastFm 1.5.4

After copying the file into the LastFM directory all working now scrobbled multiple times and very pleased..

Thanks jonocole

Redigerad av phvalue_sounds den 28 jul 2011, 22:02
  • nope

Mac 10.7 and iTunes 10.5beta won't work, so don't even try

• x-ie sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 20:01

Re: still won't scrobble from my Ipod

craigthomas63 said:
    Same ragejage but my one still won't take scrobbles from my ipod only itunes. Only opened last.fm automatically once and even then it didn't scrobble from the i-pod :(

It keeps coming up saying that it is ready for Ipod scrobbling but it just won't bloody do it!

Same!

I'm using:
    iPod Touch 3rd generation; version 4.3.4
    Mac OS X 10.6.8
    Last.fm for Mac OS 10 1.5.4.27088
    iTunes version 10.3.1

I sync manually and have been having this problem (VERY sporadic scrobbling of iPod) for nearly a year now...

• Re: still won't scrobble from my Ipod

craigthomas63 said:

It keeps coming up saying that it is ready for iPod scrobbling but it just won't bloody do it!

Same as well.

iPod Classic 2007-09 160GB Model Ver. 1.1.2
    Mac OSX 10.7
    Last.fm for Mac OS 10 1.5.4.27088
    iTunes 10.4

Any help would be awesome, I'm going crazy without my iPod scrobbles!

• further details

1) iPods include:
    a) iPhone4 running iOS 4.3.5;
    b) iPhone3G running iOS 4.2.1 [off contract/no longer a phone, so Last.fm.app saw it as a Touch];
    c) iPod Nano 3rd generation (fatboy). I'm not about to plug it in to see what version software it's running as I'll lose all scrobbles on it. You'll have to trust me when I say it's the latest OS it can run.

2) I'm running Mac OS X 10.7

3) Version 1.5.4.27088 (with the AudioScrobbler.bundle posted on this thread: 250711).

4) iTunes 10.4 ... upgraded the day it came out.

5) I don't have anything under Help -> About Last.fm. The only choices under Help are 'FAQ', 'Forums' and 'Diagnostics'. You can check answer 3 above for the plugin i'm using (250711?).

6) The 2 iPhones sync manually (I click the 'Sync' button after plugging them in). The iPod Nano syncs automatically (which is why I'm not plugging it in until I know this issue has been resolved).

7) The problem started the first time I tried to scrobble my iPod after installing iTunes 10.4 (which followed my upgrade to OS X 10.7 Lion). No scrobbles were submitted. No scrobbles were logged. The iPod wasn't recognized as being connected to iTunes by Last.fm scrobbler. (Prior to that, Last.fm didn't launch automatically with iTunes ... so I shutdown iTunes and manually launched Last.fm and then iTunes...this method worked the last time we had an issue with an iTunes update, but not this time.)

As I said earlier, I cleared 'User Associations' under Last.fm -> Preferences -> iPod while trying to trouble shoot this over the weekend. Bad move on my part as neither iPhone is 'seen' by Last.fm when plugged into iTunes.

Oh, and iTunes is running in 32bit mode.

• BlueB0y sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 22:00
    The fix works for me, but like others have reported only once and I have to copy the file again each time I want to scrobble.

I've lost a LOT of scrobbles since the weekend when the problem began for me, but at least I'm up and running again.

• JagNasty sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jul 2011, 03:16
    Is there an official fix coming?

The tracking of all my plays is why I have last.fm...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.