Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Won't scrobble: track is in directory set to not scrobble

• ZeoGold sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 mar 2009, 16:19
    In the last few weeks, been having the "reverse problem" a few other users in this thread had been having. Previously, I had set the program not to scrobble anything in the "podcast" folder of my itunes library. This stopped working recently (Likely after the itunes update). My podcast started getting scrobbled again. So I made sure my plugin was up to date, and then wend back into scrobbling options and made sure my podcast folder was not checked. Then, none of my tracks, even in checked folders would scrobble!

Adding the last.fm directory from the program files folder fixed the problem and allowed my regular tracks to be submitted, but now, even when the folder is unchecked, my podcasts are still submitted. I have a standard itunes library, in the default location for windows. Nothing tricky going on here. The library is consolidated, and all the podcasts I subscribe to go to one folder

I come from the net...
    • mysticg sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 mar 2009, 18:26
    Have exactly the same problem, this needs a better fix.

• musicia sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 mar 2009, 22:45
    Fixed by including Last.FM and Itunes folder in scrobble list.

• pixzen sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 mar 2009, 23:42
    Where do you add or change these folders?

• These "solutions" do not solve the problem. Many of us have things like audiobooks or podcasts that are mp3 files on our computer and we only want to scrobe music files. In the past we simply selected the specific directories/folders we wanted to be scrobed and it was as easy as that. Yet with the most recent Last.FM scrober and iTunes plug in and iTunes 8.1 this is not possiable. Selecting the entire hard drive doesn't solve the problem because then it'll scrobe mp3's we dont want to scrobe, this is also the case when including just the specific directories we want scrobed along with iTubes and Last.FM's directories. We do not want to scrobe every mp3, just the music ones.

Can someone please help find a solution to this bug?

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 mar 2009, 12:09
    scrobed? pulled that one outta the air didnt you

if you unselect/select everything a few times, it should reset it and then you can actually set it the way you want.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • ZeoGold sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 mar 2009, 16:28
    dankine, What Aaroncast86 and I are trying to say is, that method is not working for us. I know I have personally tried that 7 or 8 times. There really seems to be a bug, we're doing everything correctly, the best we can tell.

I come from the net...
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 mar 2009, 07:15
    have you tried adding c:program files/last.fm to your scrobbling list,

• mine says "won't scrobble" :/

In a world passing through my fingers, I still chase the wind <3
  • dankine said:
    [...] if you unselect/select everything a few times, it should reset it and then you can actually set it the way you want.

No, that does not work. All that does is waste 10 minutes of my time as I deselect everything, close and restart Last.FM and iTunes.

Albatross365 said:
    have you tried adding c:program files/last.fm to your scrobbling list,

Aaroncast86 said:
    [...] Selecting the entire hard drive doesn't solve the problem because then it'll scrobe mp3's we dont want to scrobe, this is also the case when including just the specific directories we want scrobed along with iTubes and Last.FM's directories. We do not want to scrobe every mp3, just the music ones. [...]

So, um... yes and to say this again: I have tried adding the Last.FM directory in Program Files (example: c:program files/last.fm) to the scrobble list, it then scrobbles every mp3 file I play in iTunes and there for it does not solve the bug at all.

• So there is no way to fix this bug?

• I had what sounds like the same problem as some: my scrobbler wouldn't scrobble any songs by The Eagles or Tom Petty. I had to go into options>scrobbling and click through all the way to the iTunes folders for those artists. They were checked, like all of the other folders, but I unchecked them, then checked them back again, and the scrobbler now registers those songs. Very strange.

UPDATE: This worked on Petty, but not on Eagles...thus, still bugged.

• this is completely ridiculous. nothing's working. i just lost close to 900 scrobbles from a couple weeks worth of listening. annoying. do the ADMINS even look at these pages?

• goodgreatgrand said:
    this is completely ridiculous. nothing's working. i just lost close to 900 scrobbles from a couple weeks worth of listening. annoying. do the ADMINS even look at these pages?

Doesn't seem like they do. I really love Last.FM but it's really annoying when some bug pops up every time either Last.FM or iTunes puts out an update. This 'directory not set to scrobble' bug has still not been resolved.

• davidkma sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2009, 11:40
    The bug seems pretty odd. I just started having this problem a few hours ago, but I've been running iTunes 8.1 since it came out. It just suddenly stopped scrobling with the same error everyone in this thread is experiencing.

The suggested hack works for now, but isn't really a fix at all since I do want to exclude podcasts and what not. I guess it'll be months until this is fixed.

• Sorry for the lack of response in this thread.
    This error must have come up with the iTunes update in March and it's still not working after the most recent iTunes update to 8.1.1.10

We're looking into what we can do on our end, but for now you can fix this yourself my selecting C > Program Files > Last.fm to scrobble.
    The previous version of iTunes also still works.

• schlagschnitzel said:
    Sorry for the lack of response in this thread.
    This error must have come up with the iTunes update in March and it's still not working after the most recent iTunes update to 8.1.1.10

We're looking into what we can do on our end, but for now you can fix this yourself my selecting C > Program Files > Last.fm to scrobble.
    The previous version of iTunes also still works.

It is a little comforting to know that the bug is being looked into. Although I want to point out (again) that setting C > Program Files > Last.fm to scrobble will then scrobble all mp3 files, if I don't want certain ones (like audiobooks) that doesn't solve the problem.

I checked my records and the current version of Last.FM scrobble avaliable for download is the exact same one - Last.fm v1.5.2.38918 (December 16 2008) - that I downloaded in December of last year. I have tried to uninstall, removed registry entries and reinstall the Last.FM scrobbler... my only option left is to try uninstalling iTunes and Last.FM then remove their registry entries and then reinstall both, but it'd be a shame to reset my entire iTunes library play count to 0 (via uninstall) to find out that Last.FM will still claim tracks in directories set to scrobble are not in directories set to scrobble even though they clearly are.

Sigh. Again, frustrating but it is some comfort to know it's being looked into.

• hdb21 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 apr 2009, 14:27
    There are two flavours of problem being discussed in this thread, and both seem to be associated with the iTunes 8.1 update.

The first, where people find they cannot scrobble various tracks they want scrobbled seems to be 'fixed' by setting the Last FM program file directory to scrobble.

This workaround does nothing to help the second type (the type Aaroncast86 and I are having), where directories specified not to scrobble via the client re-check themselves and scrobble non-the-less. The only fix I've found that appears to work is to uninstall iTunes and QuickTime and reinstall iTunes 8.0.1.11 (available on filehippo and oldversion).

It's at least a stopgap until the elves at Last.fm get their act together. Someone poke me when they do. Thanks.

• mtrolley sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 apr 2009, 19:01
    Using the C:\Program Files trick worked for me, at least for now. Thanks.

• ddtng sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2009, 15:01
    Sorry to rebring this topic back, but has any progress been made on possibly fixing this? Or will we need to wait for further releases of either iTunes or last.fm? Thanks.

• It has been ticketed for the developers, which means they'll look into it, but unfortunately haven't had time to do so yet :( Will poke again!

• Good to know that the developers are aware of this bug! I have tried to downgrade to iTunes 8.0.1.1 and I get an error that the iTunes library was made by a newer version so that 'work around' wont work for me. I'll just have to try to remember to turn off scrobling when I'm listening to audio books or podcasts and hope that the developers of Last.FM find a way to fix the bug soon. Thank you (schlagschnitzel) for keeping us updated on this.

• Any word on if this is going to be fixed in the next month or so? My iPod is now not scrobling either. I suspect that the new iTunes version included a change in how it played songs that isn't currently compatible with the Last.FM scrobler.

• For Vista x64 users who have two program folders, check both of them. This fixed it for me after checking only one did not work.

• tanks for the headup to c:\program files workaround, finally the scrobbler is working again. *thumbsup*

Happiness comes from your own actions.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.