Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Won't scrobble: track is in directory set to not scrobble

• tritrek sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jul 2008, 07:36

Won't scrobble: track is in directory set to not scrobble

What the heck?! Did anyone else get this message? I got this on "Ramones - Shena is a punkrocker"

-=Tri-Trek=-
  • Well, have you made sure that the directory is set to scrobble? (Options -> Scrobbling)

The most pointless war in history needs to be stopped. So join and stuff.
  • I had the same problem for a while. I have my music stored on an external firewire hard drive. However, in the scrobbling menu under preferences it would only show my computer's internal hard drive as the only option. I unchecked the hard drive, leaving nothing selected, saved, then exited both last fm client and itunes, then restarted both, and rechecked the hard drive box in the scrobbling menu. It suddenly started working.

Hope that helps.

• tritrek sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jul 2008, 09:32
    Yes, both things checked and now it works :) Thanks folks!

-=Tri-Trek=-
    • scce sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2008, 11:53

• I had my D drive set to not scrobble cus thats where I used to keep my audiobooks =D so that was my problem... when I got this mesage.

• I also have my music stored on an external hard drive, but it IS selected to scrobble, yet it seems as though only certain songs aren't scrobbling. Namely, most of Devendra Banhart's album, Cripple Crow. All songs are shown on the Last.fm album page.

I tried the suggestions from aspen4000 to no avail.

My external hard drive is rather large, however... Don't know if that would make a difference?

Never had this problem before, that I noticed anyway.

• Anjaaah sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 mar 2009, 16:40
    Having the same problem: 'track is in directory set not to scrobble.'

But it is in the directory set to scrobble!

I tried the above: uncheck my external drive etc. I even tried to uninstall last fm client, re-download, install again. Nothing works.

Anybody???

• Koobz sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 mar 2009, 22:33
    If you've updated to iTunes 8.1, you have to set C:\Program Files to scrobble. Setting all of C to scrobble will work as well, but you might have audio there you don't want scrobbling.

I tried just setting the iTunes install directory to scrobble but that didn't work. I'm too lazy to try to find the specific folder that needs to be scrobbled since I don't have any music in Program Files, but it's somewhere in there.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 mar 2009, 23:37
    I've just updated to 8.1 and having the same problem - "directory not set to scrobble". It seems to be scrobbling AAC files but not MP3s. I've reset it to cover all of C; still doesn't work.

• thank you koobz, my problem fixed now (=

• Anjaaah sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 mar 2009, 18:05
    Works here too! (sorry for not mentioning the iTunes update, totally forgot about that). Thanks a lot Koobz!

Pity though: Everything I played over the last two days is lost... I guess there's no solution to this one?

• Eleima sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 mar 2009, 08:43
    I'm having the same problem as SkylsLaughing, unfortunately. I just updated to iTunes 8.1, tried setting every single file on my computer to scrobble (a bit of an overkill, true, but I'm starting to crack =), but to no avail. It's still not scrobbling any MP3s, and the scrobbler keep saying that the track is in a directory not set to scrobble.
    Help! Anyone find a workaround, please?

• djspike sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2009, 01:19
    I just updated to iTunes 8.1 and noticed this problem.... here's what worked for me:

1) in Last.FM go to the drive/folder where your music is stored and un-check it - then check it back and apply the settings.

2) go to C > Program Files and set it to scrobble

quirky... but it worked for me...

• gSOLO sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2009, 13:20
    Checking C > Program Files did it for me. Thanks.

• Confirmed

Koobz 's fix works for iTunes 8.1 and Scrobber 1.5.2.38918

• EZHart sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 mar 2009, 20:35

Narrowed it down a bit . . .

I tried just adding the iTunes folder and the Last.FM folder under c:\program files and that seems to work; no need to add everything under c:\program files.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2009, 11:17

Re: Narrowed it down a bit . . .

EZHart said:
    I tried just adding the iTunes folder and the Last.FM folder under c:\program files and that seems to work; no need to add everything under c:\program files.

thanks. you can narrow it down even more. allowing scrobbling from the last.fm folder is enough. it's probably just a bug with the new itunes 8.1 and the last.fm plugin, so you have to enable scrobbling from the directory in which the last.fm client itself is installed. strange, but it works.

• Cheers folks, I thought I was going mad as I've just shifted my library around. Glad I found this thread it seems to have fixed things for now.

• This doesn't fix the problem.
    I am someone who has the reverse problem, everything scrobbles, including directories I have set NOT to scrobble, like podcasts. This needs to be addressed, not fixed in a quirky manner.

Thanks for the information though, for most people this solution works for now (:

• howisya sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2009, 17:24
    i used to be able to set Parent Folder to scrobble while Subfolder wouldn't scrobble, but now not only will that Subfolder scrobble, but also the (grand)parent folder of the Parent Folder will scrobble everything in its subfolders.

• f1dz sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2009, 18:53

Thx

TheMannen said:
    Well, have you made sure that the directory is set to scrobble? (Options -> Scrobbling)

Thanx dude... It's work...

• cpando sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 mar 2009, 09:51

WORKED!!!

Thanks Koobz!
    I don't know what the hek did iTunes 8.1 did but it is true setting c:\program files directory as scrobbable fixed the issue.

My scenario was:
    Music on an external drive with a fixed drive letter.
    Did't wanted to share all C: drive
    Worked fine till I installed the new itunes verdion
    Directory set as not scrobbable message appeared

• Ruprect sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 mar 2009, 13:43

Confirmed Fix

I added my C:\Program Files to be scroobled, and now i can scrobble ahead.

Using latest last.fm and iTunes 8.1.0.51

• Re: Narrowed it down a bit . . .

EZHart said:

I just added C:\Program Files\Last.fm ;)

Любите музыку! // Love music!
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.