Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Multiple Scrobbling

• i noticed the song scrobbling duplicates this morning, a few songs got scrobbled three times, same "date" for the duplicates. But, I did listen to these songs more than once. In my case, it does look odd when uploaded to the profile but it is not wrong as i suppose that the ipod saves the play count and last play time, when scrobbled it uploads played X amount of times at X time( this time being the same for all since is the only time registered in the ipod).

• joeserge sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 nov 2008, 14:57
    There's definately some problem here....Look at my playlist. Some songs are being listed as Six Times with the same time stamp; and it's not an issue of me listening to that song so many times. Also, I cannot delete them from my playlist if I tried. I might be able to delete one, but not all six.
    It' s not just my Ipod scrobble, it's also direct listening from Itunes.
    This sucks because I am a stats freak, and this ruins it.

EDIT: Through some meticulous editing I managed to remove many of the multiple listings; It wasn't perfect and I ended up losing some songs though.

• hmm I'm not sure if I'm getting the same thing but I'm getting multiple scrobe's of the one song...

Whenever I plug in my iPod I get the scrobe popup saying I've scrobbed ~~~tracks but if you look at it it will also display the songs that I've recently listened on my computer...
    so it's like it's scrobbling the songs when I play them on my computer and then re-scrobbling the songs which I played on my computer and scobbling the songs I played on my iPod when I plug in my iPod :S

Anyone know what's up? I'm using the version of both last.fm and iTunes on Mac OS 10.4.11 :)

• I've just plugged in my automatically synced iPod to update last.fm with the songs I have played this week. I have been working my way through an album 3 or 4 songs a day, so all songs are the same artist, same album etc. Some tracks scrobbled twice, others just the once - very random !! It is a shame because it ruins the otherwise fun statistical side of last.fm

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 nov 2008, 18:17
    i'm having the same problem.
    everytime i plug in my ipod there are multiple scrobbles of nearly every song i listen to, i have tried to delete the extra scrobbles but when i do the original song deletes too.

i am using the latest itunes and last.fm scrobbler on windows vista.
    any suggestions?

• goire sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 dec 2008, 11:28
    Just to add to the numbers, my iPod randomly decided to scrobble multiple times last night. It's recently been fine, so this was anomalous. I deleted the multiple scrobbles as this was previously the official advice staff were giving, only to find that in fact all of the scrobbles were gone.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 dec 2008, 15:11
    thats because the advice given was to not delete them :p

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • same thing, did anybody solve this already? Also, I deleted my dubbles. Is there any way to restore them. They are still in my iTunes 'recently played'-list, so they aren't really gone

• Användare
    • 13 mar 2009, 12:50

help! o_O

well. i have this problem too. if i listen to a song on my ipod, it show up in last fm that i've listened to it 4-6 times at the same time.

Please, PM me if you come up with a solution for this problem

it's fucking up my charts >:I

• joecan sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 maj 2009, 11:39
    Has this problem been solved?

• Everything gets scrobble twice!!

Anything? No solution?
    It's driving me insane...

Your hiding place isn’t watertight. Life trickles in everywhere.
    • Användare
    • 6 maj 2009, 15:54
    joecan said:
    nothing seems to get solved by posting on these so called support sections. no one ever gets any support with problems.

i started off not being able to scrobble my iPod at all, but then yesterday when i plugged my iPod in it decided to do every song twice. step froward from not at all i supose but it is now even more annoying.

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 6 maj 2009, 16:02
    • Användare
    • 6 maj 2009, 15:58
    joecan said:
    nothing seems to get solved by posting on these so called support sections. no one ever gets any support with problems.

i started off not being able to scrobble my iPod at all, but then yesterday when i plugged my iPod in it decided to do every song twice. step froward from not at all i supose but it is now even more annoying.

• Användare
    • 6 maj 2009, 16:01
    apologies for the double post, my internet is playing up lately. it is also not possible to delete posts.

• multiple scrobbles to the extreme

im also having the same issue - the last.fm application has my latest songs played but in my profile not only are the latest plays not reflected, the number each song has been "played" is not repeated once or twice but several times over. if i try to delete the repeats, that play is deleted from my library.

I have the latest version of the app 1.5.4.24567. someone pls help real soon!

**edit**
    because I didn't find any other solution, I had to delete all of the multiple plays that led to ALL my songs played between 26th-30th April 2009 and between 3rd-5th May 2009 to be removed from my library :( :(

For some reason my latest plays were stuck in the cache when i went to Help>Diagnostics>Scrobbling....this application should get back to it being more automated and reliable!

• tikilab sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 maj 2009, 02:49

Double Scrobbles

I'm having the problem too. What's happening is LastFM is scobbling my iTunes plays fine, then when the iPod is mounted it wants to scrobble all the tracks I played on the computer again, plus the iPod scrobbles. Very confusing.

• ilkose sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 maj 2009, 14:58
    i have the same problem! the weird thing is that some songs are only duplicated, other songs are scrobbled 6-7 times, with the same time stamp... :S
    This happens to me only with the Ipod scrobbling, with itunes everything is ok!

Kose
  • This is still happening. Had to go back all the way to September of last year to get rid of all the duplicates. The record, fwiw, was 14 scrobbles of the same song at the same time.

• Apparently not the only one with this problem....

I have the same problem with the multiple scrobbles, only for some reason, it seems to have also affected the iTunes metadata regarding play count for my songs. Would this be a standalone incident or have others also had this affect their iTunes data?

• uhhh

2 of my songs scrobbled with 25 & 26 plays (which are the total plays; I'd only listened to each once since the last scrobble)...

• Semi-manual procedure to minimize the problem

Create a procedure and a script to minimize the problem...

http://dougfernando.blogspot.com/2009/07/procedure-and-ruby-script-to-removed.html

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.