Forum » Last.fm Client Support

not scrobbling a specific artist's tracks

• not scrobbling a specific artist's tracks

Hello,

I am not seeing scrobbles for one particular artist: Marius Constant

I ripped my own CD of his avant-garde classical music, and therefore there are not necessarily existing pages for these tracks. The album is "Constant: 14 Stations / Stress / Psyche" and a couple sample track names are "(14) Stations, for 7 Players (1970) I. The Sentence" and "(14) Stations, for 7 Players (1970) IX. Third Fall"

I have tried to scrobble this CD a few times since Thursday, May 24, 2012.

Please note, all software/plug-ins are up to date, I am using foobar2000 v.1.1.10 on Windows 7, and I have had hundreds of successful scrobbles the past few days, even with artists and/or track names that are uniquely tagged by myself.

Back in November 2011, I (along with many others, it seems), had a similar, if not identical problem. That situation was eventually resolved, with all buffered history restored.

Please help!

Jeremy

For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem with the CD Lera Auerbach:24 Preludes for Violin and Piano.

However, the scrobble for Vyacheslav Artyomov's Star Wind (a track with no prior listening history from anyone) went through just fine:

http://www.last.fm/music/Vyacheslav+Artyomov/_/Star+Wind,+for+Chamber+Ensemble+%281981%29

So, what is the variable here? Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Jeremy

My plays of Alexandre Tansman's album "Douze pièces faciles / Douze morceaux très faciles" are not scrobbling either. Other plays of music by him scrobble just fine, but not these tracks. NOTE: the tracks are listed in the Last.fm player as "Recently played," but they are dead links when clicked.

I have tagged them with the same software I use for everything else (foobar2000 v. 1.1.10). I tried playing them in Itunes (latest version) as well, and they don't scrobble there either.

Is anyone else having scrobbling issues with specific tracks?

Jeremy

• still not scrobbling here

I uninstalled last.fm and then installed the new beta version. I'm playing all my music through foobar v. 1.1.10 (plugin 0.9.4 - I had read this older one is better).

Now when I play tracks by Arthur Lourié, the plays register in the Recently Played list on my profile page, but when I click "see more/edit" the tracks are gone! And the artist's page lists 0 plays in my library, while the Last.fm Beta program says "This is the first time you've listened to Arthur Lourié" every time.

Again, please help. These problems are confusing!

Jeremy

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 31 maj 2012, 16:41
    Just looking at your Library for your plays for Arthur Lourie and I see today's 13 plays are there http://www.last.fm/user/CousinMosquito/library/music/Arthur+Louri%C3%A9?sortOrder=asc&sortBy=name

When I click on your Recently Listened, I see these tracks were about 3 hours ago http://www.last.fm/user/CousinMosquito/tracks

Are these the plays you were missing?

• Track names with parentheses surrounding numbers are filtered out, so they won't scrobble i'm afraid. This leaves a couple of options:

- Tag the track names as 'Untitled'
    - Look up the album on Musicbrainz and tag the tracks accordingly.

• thank you thank you

Babs & Knapster, thank you very much for your help. The Lourié plays did show up after some time, and the missed scrobbles were indeed due to the fact that they were all tagged with names starting in parentheses with a number. I greatly appreciate both of your help, and will adjust my tags accordingly to fix this.

Cheers,

Jeremy

• spoke too soon - trouble with artists new to my library

Hello again,

It seems my scrobbles are getting lost again. Is there a delay when the artist is new to your library? My last.fm player (new beta version) has a list of everything I've played today, but those plays are not showing in my listening history. For instance, I played 20 odd tracks of music by Igor Markevitch 9 hours ago. Please note, I have corrected all tags that begin with numbers in parentheses.

Babs_05: Is this related to the delay of several hours for the Arthur Lourié plays to register? Lourié was new to my library as well.

Jeremy

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.