Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Scrobbeling doesn't work, no matter what I try

• Scrobbeling doesn't work, no matter what I try

My scrobbeling has not worked in almost a month. I've read multiple suggestions by other users, browsed numerous threads, and tried to figure this issue out on my own, to see if any of those suggestions would work. They didn't.

I play a track, and it doesn't register it at all.
    I've even gone through this entire "tutorial", with zero success: http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/168488
    So yes, scrobbeling is enabled, I have the plugins installed, etc. I did everything in that, and none of it worked.

My stats:
    Windows 7
    Version: 1.5.4.27091, iTunes Plugin: 3.0.4.2
    iTunes, 10.6

Of course, my iPod doesn't scrobble, either. It only did the first week I got my iPod, back in December of 2011. I'm assuming that software will never work for me, either. On the very slim chance that someone can actually help me with both problems, my iPod model is an iPod classic 160 GB (Late 2009). Synchronized automatically.

• Try the new client version. Note: You will need to uninstall the old version.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    • dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 maj 2012, 01:56
    no errors in your client?

• Nope, didn't work. Even uninstalled itunes again, as well.

• No errors, nothing works.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 maj 2012, 02:08
    can you take a screen shot of the client while you're playing music?
    the music definitely had id tags?
    you're sure nothing is blocking the application's access to the internet?
    have you done a traceroute to the submission server?

• here's the screenshot. it literally looks like nothing, and yes they all have id tags. i have an anti virus, but i added the last.fm exe as an exception, so it should not be affected.
    i'm not sure how a traceroute to the submission server can be done?

Print Screen

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 maj 2012, 18:54
    do you have the plugin installed?

• I'm having the same problem. Everything works with Windows Media Player but not iTunes. This problem just started yesterday.

• lol, yes the plugin is installed.
    hmm, i just tried my windows media player, and that works perfectly, too. just not itunes.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2012, 18:23
    really sounds like you don't have the plugin installed.

• ... i do. for a fact. i've been struggling with this problem for weeks, and i've read numerous tutorials, so i know exactly how to install the plug in.
    in my original last.fm scrobbler, i had to manually install the plug in, which of course didn't work. however, in the most recent last.fm scrobbler that i downloaded (link at the top of this that was provided by Ziomek2000), the plug in was found and installed.

• Suppose no one else has any more suggestions? /:

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 16:58
    if it works with one and not the other the problem is most likely with the one that isn't working, somehow.

• Is there any likelihood that an older version of the plug in would work for it? i know a few instances where that seems to be the case, for certain people.

• Miladsob sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jun 2012, 16:25
    i have a problem like @LauraxBorealis.
    i can scrobble by foobar200 but WMP not!
    what`s the problem?

• Miladsob sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 jun 2012, 19:20
    I solve This Problem:
    go to This Directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\Plugins

wmp plugin will be installed at here
    and yous should delete the plugin by your self
    it`s Name is "wmp_scrobbler.dll"

after Deleting, install the WMP Plugin Again!

• I have the same problem and I have also tried EVERYTHING. I have even posted about the issue in a previous thread: http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/2054766/1#f18231936

I am beginning to think that the only solution is just to cancel my account!

Does anyone have ANY NEW IDEAS OR FIXES??? (aside from the usual ones in the forums?)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.