Radio stream hangs with empty buffer

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 maj 2012, 15:53

Radio stream hangs with empty buffer

Last.fm for Windows, version 1.5.4.27091
    Tail of log: http://pastebin.com/nhuuzmCn

Diagnostics say Radio server status: OK, as does http://status.last.fm/

My buffers have been at 0.0k for 15 minutes now. *presses Stop button* 4 controls are now deactivated, but the status info is still there:

It happens sometimes, for no apparent reason.

I can't restart the radio by doubleclicking on the History entry, so i'll Exit now and restart the client next Monday.

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
  • Have you already tried the new Beta client?

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 14:58
    bengt_bangt said:
    Have you already tried the new Beta client?
    I'm trying that now. The tooltips are black on black and the second radio stream i started by clicking the play button on the website i opened via the Scrobbler is hanging already. :(

Last.fm Beta 2.1.18 (built on Qt 4.8.0) on Windows 7 64-bit.

At least now it gave up with an "Unknown error (0x800c0008): 101".

Album link in case images don't appear here.

It also forces me to manually remove crappy songs after banning them. So much for casual music exploration. :(

I like how it shows that you've already loved a track before, though.

Update, 22may12: It hangs again. If only diagnostics and/or the log button worked...

Also, the volume slider doesn't work and when i shared a song, the share dialog didn't go away until i manually closed it.

Update, 24may12: Today the beta client informed me that it failed and had to close. Just as it was playing a really nice song, too. (That didn't scrobble.)

On the bright side, the new pause feature lets me take breaks, e.g. to preview a recent track in order to know whether it was the one i just banned and thus had to remove manually. (Nightfall)

Update, 25may12: v2.1.19 (built on Qt 4.8.1) should fix the last hang, fixed the tooltip colors, and the volume slider may be more reliable, but:
    - I still have to visit my banned list online to know which tracks to manually unscrobble.
    - The Share dialog still doesn't close after sending.
    - Diagnostics still doesn't display useful info.

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.