Forum » Last.fm Client Support

WRONG tracks being scrobbled! Make it stop please!

• WRONG tracks being scrobbled! Make it stop please!

I have a 2nd generation Ipod Shuffle (1GB) that is consistently scrobbling at least half or more of the songs with something else that is on the device. It's pissing me off and it's been going on for quite some time. My Ipod touch doesn't appear to have this issue, so what is going on here?

Example: Played The Adicts "Sound of Music" 3 times but it shows up as The Ramones "California Sun" played 3 times on the scrobble prompt before submitting.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, Last.fm 1.5.4.27091 and Itunes 10.6.40.

Also I have made a thread in the past about this and it got overlooked/ignored which makes me question things sometimes.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 29 mar 2012, 17:34
    I was just about to suggest you try the new beta client but I see you've just joined the group. :)

Let us know how you get on? I have the same iPod and have never seen this.

• I just installed the beta client to see how it is myself if this nonsense stops. :3

Blah, I know I scrobbled an Immortal track but it does not show up!

The "California Sun" example shows after checking what's on my Ipod, that said song is NOT on the Ipod at the time!

• I am getting strange scrobbles using Grooveshark and Windows Media Player. Maybe this is a bigger issue...

• Sorry, my problem was my own fault. Forgot to logout from someone's Spotify and was receiving their scrobbles. Changed my password to resolve the problem.

Now I need help identifying scrobbles by source (Spotify, Grooveshark, &c). Then I can fix my library.

• I don't have Spotify or Grooveshark so it is not that issue. I also have no idea how to resolve the wrong track scrobbling so any help from devs might also help.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 1 apr 2012, 21:26
    Staff are back in the morning.

In the meantime, is there any more information that might help figure this out? Is it always the same track(s)? Is it artist - track info correct but it's just not the one you listened to, or is that information muddled as well? I haven't seen anyone else report this problem for iPod Shuffles so, as far as I know, this is a first.

Oh and while I think of it, is there anything in the Apple Support forums about this? See https://discussions.apple.com/community/ipod/ipod_shuffle

• Regardless of what my iPod track loadout is, it sometimes shows a different track name of the same band I listen to on it. Sometimes it plays the correct song but other times it shows the wrong track played, even tho in iTunes the right song was played as noted by the "Last Played" column.

• We're going to look into this. It shouldn't be happening.

• podexter sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2012, 21:47
    iScrob on my iPhone starts off scrobbling the correct tracks but usually after a few songs the app will display and scrobble a different track than what is actually playing. Once that happens, all the songs displayed/scrobbled are wrong until I start over in iScrob?

Very annoying. Please fix.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.