Forum » Last.fm Client Support

iTunes crashes, citing Audio Scrobbler plug-in

• 0-172 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 feb 2012, 17:59

iTunes crashes, citing Audio Scrobbler plug-in

I just encountered what appears to be a really nasty bug. I was listening to a CD in iTunes, and when I went to listen to another track on the CD iTunes suddenly locked and crashed, the crash report stating "iTunes quit unexpectedly while using the Audio Scrobbler plug-in". Is this an issue on the Scrobbler's end or iTunes'?

Metalcore ftw!

• me too

I had the same problem the other day. I actually trashed the audioscrobbler from user/library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins and quit last.fm, then it worked. I have since used last.fm again, but haven't tried to play a CD again.

• nope

Well, I just tried another CD, and it crashed iTunes again. Must be a bug.

• vash64 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 feb 2012, 21:18
    Above, there is nothing above but the stars... above..
    • StrubbeM sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 maj 2012, 12:22
    Even when quitting the scrobbler (thus listening to the cd without scrobbling an songs), iTunes crashes when a song on the cd is done, due to 'audioscrobbler plugin'

How to get rid of this bug -or better- how to disable the audioscrobbler plugin without having to uninstall last.fm software?

• Having the same problem. When I play tracks off a cd I burned iTunes "quits unexpectedly while using the AudioScrobbler plugin."

• audio scrobbler

having the same problem. How do I disable the audioscrobbler plugin?

• I'm having this issue, and here is what I think is going on. The scrobbler is trying to get the play count of each track, and iTunes does not update play counts when listening off a CD. Here's the relevant line of the error report:

Assertion failed: (m_initialPlayCount != -2), function playCountDifference, file /Users/Coffey/Projects/lastfm/plugins-1.5/iTunes/common/ITunesTrack.cpp, line 397.

• Great. So first of all I had a G4 which stopped scrobbling because Last.FM decided to give up supporting non-Intel Macs and now there's a software bug. Get it sorted Last.FM or I'm off to http://soundtracking.com.

John Peel after playing 'Higher State Of Consciousness' by Josh Wink for the second time;
    "I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that sounded better when I played it the other night, at the wrong speed."
    • bzeke sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jul 2012, 22:05

possible fix?

I moved the audioscrobbler file (user/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-Ins/AudioScrobbler.bundle) to the trash but did not empty it. CD's are playing fine without crashing iTunes and Last.fm is still scrobbling. Hope this helps until Last.fm can release an update!

• I think it's fixed

FYI, this seems to be fixed with the latest iTunes on Mountain Lion. I haven't upgraded Last.fm since installing it; version 1.5.4.28012 (from 2010 lol).

• spam

Redigerad av Babs_05 den 24 sep 2012, 14:53
  • spam

Redigerad av Babs_05 den 24 sep 2012, 14:54
  • spam

Redigerad av Babs_05 den 24 sep 2012, 14:54
  • spam

Redigerad av Babs_05 den 24 sep 2012, 14:55
  • spam

Redigerad av Babs_05 den 24 sep 2012, 14:55
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.