Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Can't ban tracks.

• rakuanu sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2012, 08:02

Can't ban tracks.

Hey

I'm using the last fm program to scrobble tracks from itunes and I can love a tune but I can't ban it. The icon for banning is greyed out and unclickable so I'm wondering what's up?

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2012, 10:01
    I don't think local tracks can be banned, rakuanu. Just skip or delete the file.

I can ban streaming tracks, but they reappear in my playlist:

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
    • rakuanu sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2012, 13:55
    Thannks for the reply c4t2007

And that kinda sucks...Thankfully I don't have that many tracks to ban but it does seem inconvenient to have a button and not have it fully functional in what it's meant to be used for but that's cool I guess. =p

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2012, 14:45
    lol, if you don't want to listen to the tracks delete them?

kinda stupid to expect a program to mandate what you can play from your own computers hdd.

• rakuanu sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2012, 17:02
    oh, that's not what i was thinking. i was just confused why the button was greyed out.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2012, 17:05
    You are playing local files. Thus is makes no sense to ban them.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 10 feb 2012, 19:16
    If you are playing tracks from your media player, you skip tracks on there, not on the client which is just showing what you're listening to and where you can add tags, click Love etc for your Last.fm profile. You control what you listen to on your media player. If you want to ban a track you're playing from your own collection, you can either not play it, or you can find the track in Last.fm and add your ban then, although of course it will still play if you're playing from your media player.

If you were streaming Last.fm radios via the client, that's when you can skip and ban as this is when it helps you control what you hear. Any bans you have applied won't play.

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 feb 2012, 23:03
    Babs_05 said:
    If you were streaming Last.fm radios via the client, that's when you can skip and ban as this is when it helps you control what you hear. Any bans you have applied won't play.
    So the bans are working now? Even for tagged tracks?

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
  • Client keeps playing banned track

Same situation as with c4t2007: The Client keeps playing a certain track, even though it appears in the list of recently banned tracks.

• How can I help you guys to fix this?

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 mar 2012, 15:28

It still happens.

• c4t2007: Try using the Last.fm Mass Tagger to ban tracks.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    • c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 mar 2012, 23:55
    Ziomek2000 said:
    c4t2007: Try using the Last.fm Mass Tagger to ban tracks.
    Another program. How would that differ? The tracks were properly banned because they're listed here.

On the track page of Even aan mijn moeder vragen i discovered that i loved it years ago for some reason. I just undid it and now it just says:
    You’ve scrobbled this track 2 times. You first scrobbled it on 21 Nov 2008.
    You’ve banned this track from radio play.

I've only tagged that artist, not the banned track.

Say The Magic Word i've never loved, tagged, or even played, not even the artist. It's banned from my radio but as i posted it still reappeared.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 mar 2012, 13:42

What time scale are you looking at?

See the forum
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/2031684/_/17751689
    where 2409 kept a log(you could do the same) -it looks like banning was successful after a couple of days.

It looks like there might be two problems
    1 - Redirected tracks
    2 - People just not being patient enough. -even for tracks without the 'redirect' problem it can take between one day to several weeks before a ban works in my experience.
    &
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/755094/1#f15368966
    "Banning tracks won't ensure you never hear a track again, it lessens the chance you will hear it significantly though. ..."

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    • c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 apr 2012, 10:43

Re: What time scale are you looking at?

Less than half an hour. The client should check its banned list if the server is too slow.

"Don't ever play me this again" should be implemented correctly or removed from the client.

• Sullqt sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 maj 2012, 19:21
    Just go to recent tracks if the song just played and hit ban track from there, easy fix.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.