Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Interfacing with Last.fm

• Interfacing with Last.fm

So, I want to write a plugin for last.fm... Really all I want to do is grab the artist name / track name, write it to a file... So I can write a script for my IRC client to put my current song into an IRC chat.

Any ideas how I can grab the artist name / track name from the Windows Last.fm player?

Thanks *thumbs up*

• this is a hack, but... i found from someone's blogger

that in:
    [drive]:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Last.fm\Client\webservices.log

there is a line sitting directly below the line with the string "WebService::requestMetaDataRadio", which is a URL which has the artist/track info.

*thumbs up*

• mmm looks interesting... are you gonna write some script with using this? or... i've seen a nifty app, putting the np info in the clipboard on a hot key, releasing the clipboard after pasting... it was AMIP i think. is there some easy way how to use the data you mention in AMIP?

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 okt 2006, 10:04
    AMIP does it all for you I would have thought. No need to use last.fm, since the data is taken straight from your player.

• errr... but i want the data from the player :o) i mean, from the last.fm radio. i could try and stream the radio e.g. via iTunes through the last.fm proxy, but it's maybe too complicated, and i prefer using the last.fm app for it... (because of the artists links and stuff...)

• I finally wrote a Perl script to put your current track, artist, and a tiny URL to the track page on last.fm...

This script is for XChat, and it requires perl, the perl module WWW::Mechanize. I wrote it in linux, i dunno how it will work in window.

But to install WWW::Mechanize, you can issue:
    $perl -MCPAN -e 'install WWW::Mechanize'

I put the code on a pastebin:
    http://paste.uni.cc/11054

hope this helps someone!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.