Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Interfacing with Last.fm

• Interfacing with Last.fm

So, I want to write a plugin for last.fm... Really all I want to do is grab the artist name / track name, write it to a file... So I can write a script for my IRC client to put my current song into an IRC chat.

Any ideas how I can grab the artist name / track name from the Windows Last.fm player?

Thanks *thumbs up*

• this is a hack, but... i found from someone's blogger

that in:
    [drive]:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Last.fm\Client\webservices.log

there is a line sitting directly below the line with the string "WebService::requestMetaDataRadio", which is a URL which has the artist/track info.

*thumbs up*

• mmm looks interesting... are you gonna write some script with using this? or... i've seen a nifty app, putting the np info in the clipboard on a hot key, releasing the clipboard after pasting... it was AMIP i think. is there some easy way how to use the data you mention in AMIP?

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 okt 2006, 10:04
    AMIP does it all for you I would have thought. No need to use last.fm, since the data is taken straight from your player.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • errr... but i want the data from the player :o) i mean, from the last.fm radio. i could try and stream the radio e.g. via iTunes through the last.fm proxy, but it's maybe too complicated, and i prefer using the last.fm app for it... (because of the artists links and stuff...)

• I finally wrote a Perl script to put your current track, artist, and a tiny URL to the track page on last.fm...

This script is for XChat, and it requires perl, the perl module WWW::Mechanize. I wrote it in linux, i dunno how it will work in window.

But to install WWW::Mechanize, you can issue:
    $perl -MCPAN -e 'install WWW::Mechanize'

I put the code on a pastebin:
    http://paste.uni.cc/11054

hope this helps someone!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.