Forum » Last.fm Client Support

client says "not listening" but i am

• scoopat sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2006, 13:35

client says "not listening" but i am

i just recently installed the client, and it worked for about 3 days, now i can't get it to scrobble at all. The client just says "not listening" even though i have music playing in winamp. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, i've cleared the registry, i've gone through the FAQ on this website, etc etc, still having the problem. I've emailed support with no response. any ideas?

• in the last.fm client, when you go to Tools --> Get plugin... --> Next, do you see a note saying "plugin installed" next to your player name?

if you don't, check the proper checkbox and install the plugin.

(sorry if i ask about something what's clear, but sometimes it just happens that one won't notice this...)

• And if it says it is installed go into the plugin section of your player and make sure it's active (usually a checkbox next to it).

All comments reflect the views of the poster and not of last.fm or it's management.

• scoopat sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2006, 16:41
    yes it says "plugin installed" and it shows up in winamp as an installed plugin...

• scoopat sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2006, 16:46
    ok, it works properly with windows media player, but not winamp. i'll try to reinstall winamp...

• scoopat sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2006, 16:54
    reinstalled winamp, still doesn't work, which really sucks, because i prefer to use winamp, and won't switch to windows media player just to have this work properly...

• I had precisely the same problem

Check that your mp3 (I presume) files have an ID tag - if not Last FM won't pick up that track & gives you no warning either.

Try playing a different track you know has been listed before.

I added ID tags to the files that weren't being listed & they are now ...

HTH

P.S. Thanks to Binaryslave for the heads up :-)

Bad Boy Club
    • mngg sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 okt 2006, 01:02
    I had the same problem with iTunes, I had trouble getting the new version of iTunes working so am running the previous version, so when updating to the new version of LastFm the plugins were for the new iTunes version and the player would say "Not Currently Listening" when I had my iTunes playing. In the LastFm player I went to "Get Plugin" and went to "Add" and using browse I selected the player and it brought up a new plugin option to select and download and it worked. So maybe the default plugin for your Winamp version is incorrect, if you browse and select your Winamp player hopefully it'll give you the correct plugin!

"Talking About Music is Like Dancing About Architecture"
    • scoopat sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 okt 2006, 13:05
    so this problem sorta resolved itself! i downloaded and installed another plugin for winamp, g-force to be exact, and after that, the last.fm plugin started working again. the g-force install must have "refreshed" the winamp plugin settings somehow.

anyway, thanks to the people who tried to help me out with this....

• scoopat sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 okt 2006, 19:04
    well, i spoke too soon, i'm still having problems. I use two profiles on my laptop, one for home, and one for work. The issue seems to be with the files located in c:\Documents and Settings\myprofile\Application Data\Winamp because i can copy the files from one profile into the other, then launch winamp and scrobbling works, but then as soon as i close out winamp, and restart it, scrobbling no longer works...

yikes!!!

• stlang3l sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 okt 2006, 23:39
    simulacra said:
    in the last.fm client, when you go to Tools --> Get plugin... --> Next, do you see a note saying "plugin installed" next to your player name?

if you don't, check the proper checkbox and install the plugin.

(sorry if i ask about something what's clear, but sometimes it just happens that one won't notice this...)

Did that still not listening to my tracks

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.