Forum » Last.fm Client Support

tracks are getting submitted to my profile, but...

• tracks are getting submitted to my profile, but...

... they're not being recognised by the last.fm client.

i'm using mediamonkey with the winamp plugin and it's been working perfect for weeks but all of a sudden the last.fm player isn't showing the track name, artist, album and bio. i've become accustomed to checking the last.fm player for a picture of the artist, the bio and how many minutes until it gets scrobbled.

any ideas?

• won't anything prevent the last.fm app from connecting to the site, so that it can't get the info it needs? i remember this happened to me when i lost my net connection (...or did something wrong with the proxy settings)...

...but when thinking about it, maybe it was only the artist pic & bio not showing, the track&artist name was probably there, i'm not really sure (don't wanna mess with my settings now). but, try checking it.

i also thought there could be some trouble with id3 tags, but since you say the tracks are getting scrobbled, it shouldn't be caused by this. so they all appear okay in your profile?

last idea - exiting and re-starting the app helps me sometimes, when it starts behaving weirdly.

• simulacra said:
    won't anything prevent the last.fm app from connecting to the site, so that it can't get the info it needs? i remember this happened to me when i lost my net connection (...or did something wrong with the proxy settings)...

...but when thinking about it, maybe it was only the artist pic & bio not showing, the track&artist name was probably there, i'm not really sure (don't wanna mess with my settings now). but, try checking it.

i also thought there could be some trouble with id3 tags, but since you say the tracks are getting scrobbled, it shouldn't be caused by this. so they all appear okay in your profile?

last idea - exiting and re-starting the app helps me sometimes, when it starts behaving weirdly.

thanks for responding...

well the radio stream works fine so the app is connecting for sure. it displays all the usual info when streaming, but when tracks are played through mediamonkey, there's no info displaying at all. it just says Not Currently Listening, and Tune In.

yeah all the tracks appear on my profile so it's not the id tags. and see the weird thing is everything was working perfectly until a couple days ago. i installed the winamp plugin for winamp to see if the display info would show up on the last.fm player but couldn't even get the plugin to work.

also tried exiting and reopening a hundred times, so...

maybe i need to uninstall the app and reinstall?
    do you lose your history of radio streams if you do this? or any other personal data?

• okay something weird i've noticed since this problem began, is now when playing a track through mediamonkey, the track immediately gets scrobbled. where as before when the last.fm app showed the artist info, it took about half the track length to get scrobbled, for instance if the track was 4 minutes, it took aprox 2 minutes to get submitted. weird sh*t.

• okay scratch that last post. after closer examination it does appear to be scrobbling at about half the track length as usual.

• anyone know if you lose your history of personal radio streams if you uninstall and reinstall the last.fm player?

• bump.

anyone?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.