Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Use jscrob2 with new client

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jul 2006, 20:12

Use jscrob2 with new client

I really really love jscrob2. I've been using it for a while, and I love how it syncs with my iPod without the need for another appilication like Yamipod. The mainstream Last.fm plugin for iTunes really needs iPod support, but until it gets it, I would love to continue to be able to use jscrob2.

But here's the problem. Using the new all-in-one client, I am forced to install the mainstream plugin. So heres what I thought. Couldn't I just tell the all-in-one client that I don't want to use the iTunes plugin, then install jscrob2 and use that for scrobbling iTunes+iPod while I use the all-in-one client to jsut listen to last.fm, radio?

Does anyone know if that will work?

• Användare
    • 14 jul 2006, 21:14
    Just finished installing the new iTunes, jscrob2, and the new Last.fm client. It works.

• And a damn good thing it does. I tried using yamipod and i found it to be way to confusing (plus the fact it wouldn't submit my tracks didn't help either).

Oh and a thanks to last.fm for making me have to test out and make sure jscrob works, otherwise I wouldn't have found out my Nano's battery is dead and useless and has to be replaced until I went back to school in the fall. Now I can replace it and not live without it for the month it would take to fix and send back to me. Whopee.

• ilyanep sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jul 2006, 22:11
    Until this thing can support iPods, I'm going to probably stay away.

BTW, why do we have to install plug-ings and an application? Wouldn't it make sense to integrate the two?

• Användare
    • 15 jul 2006, 15:22
    The plugin is waht actually scrobbles the songs, which can't be done by an application external from iTunes. The application is for radio. But they integrated the plugin installation and configuration into the application for the new release, so that simplifies it. However, the official plugin doesn't have iPod support, so I manually installed jscrob2, which is ten million times better than the official plugin. Yamipod looks way too difficult.

• ilyanep sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 jul 2006, 00:15
    Well I use iScroggler, which is an external application that uses the iTunes API.

However, when I was playing around with the new application it seemed to do more or less the same thing.

I think I'll start using the new one once they add iPod support and standardize the whole 50%/240s thing across everything.

• JScrob Problems with New iTunes

I don't know what's happeneing but my iTunes is refusing to automatically update after a string of songs has been played, so when the last song is played it's paused at 1 second left, and the play count is not increased. Also I noticed last night I played a lot of music, and yet the jscob thingy only picked up on 2. When I do not use jscrob, everything is fine BUT jscrob is a good application in theory as it also scrobbles the songs I play on my iPod. I have version 2.1.9 I think...has jscrob updated its software? How can I report this problem with its incompatibility with the new iTunes software?

Does anyone know of any better software I can use for iPod scrobbling? (Not Yamipod, it doesn't really work for me...)

Thanks for your help!

• jhawth said:
    The plugin is waht actually scrobbles the songs, which can't be done by an application external from iTunes. The application is for radio. But they integrated the plugin installation and configuration into the application for the new release, so that simplifies it. However, the official plugin doesn't have iPod support, so I manually installed jscrob2, which is ten million times better than the official plugin. Yamipod looks way too difficult.

Just to clarify this: The Last.fm app. that you can download from this website does scrobble music being played through iTunes. it doesn't scrobble tracks played on your iPod.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.