Forum » iTunes (Mac Version)

Rendezvous Playlists?

• snooze sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 apr 2004, 15:06

Rendezvous Playlists?

I just noticed that if I'm listening to songs that aren't local (I keep most of my music on my os x server box and listen from my laptop in the other room) that iScrobbler doesn't update at all. It doesn't recognize that anything is even playing. Running on os x 10.3.3 with latest iTunes.

Is this a known bug?

• concerto sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 maj 2004, 02:12
    I have noticed that as well. I listen to music over my college's network and none of the non-local songs played have shown up in iScrobbler. Hopefully, a new version of the plug-in will fix this!

• rosewood sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 maj 2004, 14:51

Me too !

RendezVous playing is an essential feature for me too. I hope this will get fixed.

• 1. Quit iScrobbler
    2. Right-click iScrobbler, choose "Show Package Contents"
    3. Open Contents, Resources, Scripts, controlscript.scpt
    4. In Script Editor, delete this line:
    set songLocation to location of theTrack as string
    5. Replace the line that begins with:
    return ((trackIndex as string) & "***"
    with:
    return ((trackIndex as string) & "***" & (playlistIndex as string) & "***" & songTitle & "***" & songLength & "***" & songPosition & "***" & songArtist & "***" & songAlbum & "***") as string
    6. Save the script
    7. Open iScrobbler

The modified app will not attempt to find the "location" of the current track, which iTunes does not make available for Rendezvous-shared music. I don't know why iScrobbler wants to know the location, but it isn't used anyway, AFAIK

jabber id:
    ojmarsh AT amessage DOT at
    Redigerad av jigsaw250 den 22 maj 2004, 13:04
  • I agree with jigsaw.

• Load of rubbish
    Be ashamed

• Load of rubbish
    Be ashamed

(only joking Very good)

• Thanks for that Jigsaw

Nice one Jigsaw!

Seems to work fine, no problems at all.

Thanks!

• mtrapr sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2004, 11:15

Didn't quite work in iScrobbler 0.6.3

But almost did.. I found it was already returning the string that Jigsaw mentioned, but it gave me a good hint...

Change the line

set songLocation to location of theTrack as string

to read

(* set songLocation to location of theTrack as string *)

This comments out the location lookup, where the script seemed to halt. You could just delete the line completely.

• Don't get it??

Done all of the above and when I come to save it, it tells me it is unable to save bu tells me nothing more?

Anyone any ideas?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 sep 2004, 11:07

still broken

these instructions still work, but it would be nice if the fix was applied upstream. and/or this was in the FAQ, or something.

• Användare
    • 10 nov 2004, 05:28

er

still broken in .7.1.

• Damaged sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 nov 2004, 14:42

Re: er

Quoth emitfletsi:
    still broken in .7.1.

I mentioned this in another thread (can't remember which one at the moment). Internet/Shared tracks will not be supported in the .7.x releases. Not everyone wants these types of tracks submitted (I am one of them), so we have to offer a choice. It's not just as easy as making a script change.

BTW, 0.7.3 test 5 is out, which fixes quite a few bugs. It also changes the control script for easier support of shared tracks (in a future release). This should make it easier for those who want to modify their scripts until then.

• Användare
    • 15 nov 2004, 22:29

Re: Re: er

Quoth Damaged:

I mentioned this in another thread (can't remember which one at the moment). Internet/Shared tracks will not be supported in the .7.x releases. Not everyone wants these types of tracks submitted (I am one of them), so we have to offer a choice. It's not just as easy as making a script change.

okay, cool. i missed that. i'm not sure why one wouldn't want shared tracks posted (internet radio stuff i get, since one isn't selecting it). i'm totally content to make the script change for now, until a magical checkbox appears in a pref panel at some point.

BTW, 0.7.3 test 5 is out, which fixes quite a few bugs. It also changes the control script for easier support of shared tracks (in a future release). This should make it easier for those who want to modify their scripts until then.

word.

• So, is there a new way to fix the script?

• bfiend sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 nov 2004, 09:55
    Look for the line:

set songLocation to "Shared Track"

and you'll find it's followed by:

return "RADIO"

remove the "return" line and control will flow down to the bit where the data is returned to iScrobbler.

• yes!

yay!

• Användare
    • 10 dec 2004, 19:18

fixed new version?

so is this line going to be fixed in the new version a.k.a. 0.7.4? that'd be great - haven't noticed any problems so far :)

• Damaged sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 dec 2004, 20:21

Re: fixed new version?

Quoth kllktvtrmr:
    so is this line going to be fixed in the new version a.k.a. 0.7.4? that'd be great - haven't noticed any problems so far :)

No, this is scheduled for 0.8 (no time table yet).

• vaaaska sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 dec 2004, 16:51
    This doesn't work for me. Removing 'return "RADIO" ' didn't do much. It even said that it was connected to the server but nothing would appear on my page. Then, I rebooted and it wouldn't connect anymore. Buggy.

• Damaged sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 dec 2004, 17:18

Re:

Quoth vaaaska:
    This doesn't work for me. Removing 'return "RADIO" ' didn't do much. It even said that it was connected to the server but nothing would appear on my page. Then, I rebooted and it wouldn't connect anymore. Buggy.

Nothing's buggy (at least not this portion). You just happened to start submitting at a time when the server is experiencing some hiccups. There seems to be some transient connection problems at the moment. Your songs are being queued, and will eventually get to the server. You'll just have to wait.

• plugin id

i did everything per the instructions and the "plugin id" portion is dosen't show anything... is this something to worry about? 10:13 am pacific time friday morning just incase something was up at that time!

willi (asymmetrical head)

• Damaged sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 dec 2004, 18:32

Re: plugin id

Quoth asymmhead:
    i did everything per the instructions and the "plugin id" portion is dosen't show anything... is this something to worry about? 10:13 am pacific time friday morning just incase something was up at that time!

That's because you have not submitted any tracks yet. Looks like the server has been refusing connections for the last hour straight, which would account for the problem. As I said, just wait, and things will start working again.

• vaaaska sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 dec 2004, 18:36
    Thanks for the update one this...I'll just sit back, wait and see...

• "result" pop up after modifying the script

it says "radio"... is that cool?

i'm new to this... sorry if i sound like a newbie... : )

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.