Forum » In the News

There's a tampon in my cereal

• Gyalist sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 sep 2010, 18:36

There's a tampon in my cereal

An Upson County man and his wife have filed a federal suit against a grocery store chain and cereal manufacturer, contending that the man found a used tampon in a bowl of cereal.

In the complaint, Thomas and Lynn Roddenberry said they bought a box of Chocolate Chip Crunch cereal from the Save-A-Lot store at 1021 N. U.S. 19 in Thomaston on Oct. 23, 2008.

The following day, Thomas Roddenberry opened the cereal box and poured cereal and milk into a bowl. After taking a bite, Roddenberry said he discovered the tampon in his bowl, according to the suit, filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Macon.

Roddenberry said he spit out the milk and cereal and became nauseated almost immediately. He went to an emergency room for treatment, according to the complaint.

The seal for the cereal box and the plastic bag containing the cereal showed no signs of having been broken by anyone previously.

LINK

I wonder if someone was trying to increase the iron content of their breakfast cereal?
    Time to run a DNA test on the tampon.

"I'm cooler than Clyde Stubblefield, drummer for James" - Stay Cool, The Roots
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 sep 2010, 18:51
    yum

why couldn't he notice the tampon when he was pouring the cereal out? surely that's not something you'd miss in a hurry

• Användare
    • 14 sep 2010, 20:33
    Is there proof the tampon originated from the cereal box?

• Sometimes I just wonder how that kind of stuff ends up in that kind of places...

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 14 sep 2010, 22:08
    I'd like to know what sort of person goes to hospital because they feel sick from something like that.

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
  • i'll never eat chocolate chip crunch

By too many hands
    Touching where I stand
    And I can't fall
    Because you'll try and catch me
  • DaddyPobbin said:
    Is there proof the tampon originated from the cereal box?
    Is there proof that the tampon was present, even? :P

Also: "Roddenberry sustained physical injuries 'from the adulterated food' as well as emotional worry, according to the lawsuit" << Sustained physical injuries? Like... other than feeling nauseous? Did the used tampon then proceed to assault him? xD

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 15 sep 2010, 11:39
    Schroedinger's tampon?

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
    • dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 sep 2010, 11:43
    not quite ;p

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • lawynd said:
    Schroedinger's tampon?
    This = my favourite thing ever, now. (And also might be the name of my new band!) xD

• Användare
    • 15 sep 2010, 16:09
    fadingecho said:
    lawynd said:
    Schroedinger's tampon?
    This = my favourite thing ever, now. (And also might be the name of my new band!) xD

Lol. That would be a tale to tell in interviews...

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 15 sep 2010, 18:19
    lawynd said:
    Schroedinger's tampon?
    A Last.fm classic.

• There was a girl in my year who claimed to have found a finger in her cereal. Apparently she was going to get £2500 from the company, cause off the distress.

It turned out she was talking shite. (Although she never admitted to lying).

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 sep 2010, 18:24
    2.5k for a finger would seem incredibly low

Auto Corrections Group
  • It might have been £25000, one of the other, it was while ago. Still she was talking shite.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 sep 2010, 18:36
    hehe fair enough :) found a bone on a pizza the other day but it was thrown away. alas

Auto Corrections Group
    • lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 15 sep 2010, 22:42
    DaddyPobbin said:
    fadingecho said:
    lawynd said:
    Schroedinger's tampon?

So long as I'm given full credit! =P

• R94N sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 sep 2010, 07:05
    Unusual and creepy....

• lawynd said:
    DaddyPobbin said:
    fadingecho said:
    lawynd said:
    Schroedinger's tampon?

So long as I'm given full credit! =P
    That would be a fun story! :P

And yes, lawynd, if I ever happen to suddenly obtain musical talent and start a group and call it Schroedinger's Tampon, you will be given FULL credit ;)

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 16 sep 2010, 10:53
    Awesomesauce! =D

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 sep 2010, 11:25
    lawynd said:
    Awesomesauce! =D
    If that's what you wanna call it. I prefer menses.

Auto Corrections Group
    • lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 16 sep 2010, 11:49
    Argh! *Gags*

• What a prize!

• [spam]

[spam]

I like to socialize with my friends and family. I love to keep myself fit and healthy to obtain a healthy lifestyle. I'm single.
    Redigerad av Ziomek2000 den 17 sep 2010, 19:22
    • Meilisha sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 sep 2010, 23:25
    I did a health and safety course in college about stuff like this, and just about everything turns up in products these days like a dead rat in a Hovis loaf ><
    :|

Jelly on a plate, jelly on a plate, wibble wob....... ahh its on the floor :|
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.