Forum » In the News

Rihanna film Battleship flops at US box office

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 maj 2012, 10:06

Rihanna film Battleship flops at US box office

BBC

Battleship, Rihanna's latest film, has overtaken John Carter as the worst ever US opening box office flop compared to the size of its budget....

....The film now overtakes notorious box office flop John Carter, starring Taylor Kitsch, as having the worst domestic opening in the US made with a budget of at least $200 million (£126m). Taylor Kitsch is also in Battleship...

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18189970

This person Taylor Kitsch - their career is probably over.

• Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 maj 2012, 12:08
    You can't really call Battleship a Rihanna-movie since she only plays a small part in it (it's possible to write down all of her lines on a single page). She wasn't actually that bad it was just that the movie didn't give her (or any other character) much to work with.

I think you're right that Taylor Kitsch shares a place with Ryan "Green Lantern" Reynolds on the list of people-we-won't-see-in-blockbusters-again.

OT: Just read on IMDB that Ryan Reynolds is rumored to play the lead in the upcoming Highlander-remake. Mind Is Blown, maybe it's a good thing that they flopped.

A good video-review of Battleship: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/5733-Battleship

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 16:39
    Highlander can't be remade, that is a sacred film!!!!!!

My comment on this is: Shit film doing shit, Problem?

It is the 'Rihanna' film regardless how small a part and how many lines she has in it. It's always going to be called that as it's her first role in a film.

And she might be the only reason to go see it for most, as hinted at by the male audience.

• estuaay sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jun 2012, 02:26
    Not a surprise actually. The commercial already made the movie look uninteresting, to me. Seemed like a cliche. But it's whatever. At least they're still making some sort of money.

"A dream only exists to come true. I can't say it's out of reach until I've tried."
  • estuaay said:
    Not a surprise actually. The commercial already made the movie look uninteresting, to me. Seemed like a cliche. But it's whatever. At least they're still making some sort of money.

You say that like it's a good thing.

• FWBTS sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jun 2012, 10:31
    Just read on IMDB that Ryan Reynolds is rumored to play the lead in the upcoming Highlander-remake.

They're re- making Highlander? With Ryan Reynolds? The world's gone ape shit.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 4 jun 2012, 03:07
    John Cartr wasn't that bad. For Battleship, I had no interest in it.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.