Forum » In the News

Putin's palace? A mystery Black Sea mansion fit for a tsar

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2012, 17:00

Putin's palace? A mystery Black Sea mansion fit for a tsar

BBC Video

On a thickly wooded mountainside overlooking Russia's Black Sea coast, an extraordinary building has gradually taken shape. It is alleged to be a palace built for the personal use of Vladimir Putin, with massive and illegal use of state funds....

...The massive wrought-iron gates into the courtyard are topped with a golden imperial eagle. Outside are formal gardens, a private theatre, a landing pad with bays for three helicopters, and accommodation for security guards...

Sergei Kolesnikov, who now works in the Estonian capital Tallinn having fled Russia, was for several years one of those responsible for building the palace.

He is the first insider from Mr Putin's business circle to blow the whistle on what he says is the high-level corruption threatening to destroy the country's economy...

When anti-corruption campaigners managed to get through to the front of the palace last year, they were met not only by private security guards, but also by uniformed members of the official Kremlin guard service.

Source: Google, BBC

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17730959

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 5 maj 2012, 10:12
    As far as I'm concerned, so long as he keeps putting out videos of wresting bears and throwing midgets, he can do what he likes. =P

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
    • dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 maj 2012, 14:00
    what a surprise, the man's a crook.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • lawynd said:
    As far as I'm concerned, so long as he keeps putting out videos of wresting bears and throwing midgets, he can do what he likes. =P

I concur.

• You would figure he wouldn't want a palace so close to Chechnya

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 maj 2012, 19:01
    SaoCartel said:
    lawynd said:

I concur.
    I'd rather he continued being action man without embezzling funds.

• Putin is amazing.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.