Forum » Feedback and Ideas

A little editing to help tags for a track go on the track, not on the artist.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 mar 2011, 21:15

A little editing to help tags for a track go on the track, not on the artist.

I notice some users put a tag on an artist which looks as if it might have been intended for a track.

It might be intentional, (so be it), but I wonder if sometimes it could be a mistake because...
    on the user-track page listing e.g. http://www.last.fm/user/headey/library/music/Sidney+Bechet/_/Summertime
    I notice that the "add some tags" link takes me to the artists tags, not the track tags.

I DO know how to add tags to the track but some that don't do much tagging might just use the 'obvious' link.

Any chance of changing something so that is a bit more clear?

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 1 apr 2011, 07:46
    "Add tag" takes me to a dialogue where I can add tags for the track, not the artist.

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 apr 2011, 21:47
    (I'm using Chrome)
    the "add some tags" link I'm looking at is permanent & over on the right,** not the geared dropdown which you have to hover over to see and then click to see the options. That is probably so second nature to most of us that we probably don't realise all the separate little actions. I'm thinking about people who might find the "add some tags" link FIRST.

It looks like a track page because track plays are listed & the url mentions the track & if someone didn't know better it might seem perfectly reasonable to enter the tag "summertime".

==================================================
    Mine says
    (pic of tag logo) "add some tags"
    (copy of the link address :
    http://www.last.fm/user/headey/library/music/Sidney+Bechet/_/Summertime# ) *

if I left click the "Add tags" popup window opens with :
    the artist's photo & "Sidney Bechet"
    below that
    The tag box(empty for me because I've not tagged the artist)
    then the caption
    "Type tag names above, separated by commas."
    and below that the usual
    "Suggested tags: jazz • new orleans • saxophone • swing • dixieland
    Your tags: 1103rh • try later • 1102rh • headey cocktail • 101jfm • "

*(if I right click & open it in a new window it gives a duplicate page)

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 1 apr 2011, 22:23
    Can you take a screenshot? I can not see this at all.

• rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 2 apr 2011, 12:17
    I don't have this issue with the web site, but I have sometimes accidentally tagged at the wrong level (album/artist/track) using the windows client. On the other hand, the android client can only tag tracks (which is worse than having to remember to select the correct option from a drop-down menu). Another issue with the windows client is that it fails to remove tags.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 apr 2011, 20:01
    Tecfan said:
    Can you take a screenshot? I can not see this at all.
    I know how to do Ctrl +PrintScreen & Save it as a file on my own computer. I don't know how to send it to lastfm.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • Babs_05 sa...
    • 2 apr 2011, 22:41
    headey - once you've got it saved on your computer, try http://imageshack.us/ browse and upload the file, and then post here. :)

• I see this too and agree that it's at least counter-intuitive.

(screenshot)

The whole tags area on the right is solely about *artist* tags, not track tags, including the "add some tags" (or "edit tags") dialogue...
    Especially interesting in my case here, as I actually did tag the track, but not the artist, maybe I should expect that to be mentioned on the page in my library?

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 3 apr 2011, 10:56
    I do not see that link in my Firefox.

• DFA1979 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 3 apr 2011, 11:54
    Really? I don't have any extensions/greasemonkey scripts/etc which affect last.fm, but it's there for me. It only appears in your own library, I think, but do you not see it here?

• maz35 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 apr 2011, 12:41
    rwitte said:
    I don't have this issue with the web site, but I have sometimes accidentally tagged at the wrong level (album/artist/track) using the windows client. On the other hand, the android client can only tag tracks (which is worse than having to remember to select the correct option from a drop-down menu). Another issue with the windows client is that it fails to remove tags.

I think this is the biggest problem causing misstags really,I've accidentally done the same. Though I don't know how you could really prevent a human error like that. Bar fixing that not being able to remove issue.

Maybe client 2.0 will have a better way, if it ever surfaces...

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 apr 2011, 20:11
    bengt_bangt said:
    I see this too and agree that it's at least counter-intuitive.

(screenshot)

The whole tags area on the right is solely about *artist* tags, not track tags, including the "add some tags" (or "edit tags") dialogue...
    Especially interesting in my case here, as I actually did tag the track, but not the artist, maybe I should expect that to be mentioned on the page in my library?
    Thanks bengt_bangt, yes, thats the sort of page I see. (I just tried some screen shots but keep messing up the resolution/size)

When I look at your pages, tecfan, I sometimes see them blank at the top, sometimes with tag option :
    Tangled+Hair without
    folque with

and for a lisa hannigan I see tecfan's page blank at top but mine with tag option
    tecfan's
    mine

Maybe someone could do a screen shot if it is relevant.
    Enough mods comparing notes now! I'll leave it to you!

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.