• Dunnemin sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2012, 09:38
    Yes great idea. I would love this!

• Dunnemin sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2012, 09:38
    Yes great idea. I would love this!

• An awesome idea indeed. Would be very useful.

I came with sadness but this my shattered heart won't bear
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 16:03

Implementation issues

I wouldn't mind it but how exactly would you do it? Albums have a varying list of tracks, e.g. one may have 40 tracks and another just one or a few. Based on just plays it would be only accurate if the user is listening albums with roughly same amount of tracks. Thus the album lists should at least reflect "completely" played albums (like album tracks played / total tracks on album, to show a ratio of "fully" played albums) to be meaningful at all. There would be still need for further research to eliminate other issues, e.g. some people may only like one track on certain album but a lot more than anything else made by that artist; would that then make the specific album their "top" album in such case?

• percy74 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 maj 2012, 16:05
    That's an entirely different can of worms. They're just asking for this chart to be put on the profile page.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 maj 2012, 17:14
    And that's exactly why I was speaking of having the possibility to show a a weighted album charts instead of total album track plays (FYI, I've scrobbled those albums for only once ATM). Anyway, I'd still prefer to have at least that option instead of tracks, too, even if it would be "inaccurate" due to many albums having a widely different range of tracks.

• If we stick to such details Last.fm should be fixed very much. The lengths of songs vary very much. It's not the same thing whether you listen to a 60 minute track or a 1½ minute track. Still they both count as one play. What's even more, the scrobbler seems to scrobble even a 60 minute track after some four minutes.

There are some applications that show your top artist based on the actual time spent listening to them. At least I'm happy with what we've got now. I see your point but I wouldn't pay too much attention to that. In my opinion the most important thing would be to actually get the chart to the front page. After that they can spend time developing the charts even further, if they have the interest to do so.

I came with sadness but this my shattered heart won't bear
  • [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 6 jan 2013, 17:13
  • +1, I'd love this!

► Get your favourite photos voted up here!
    ► Join if you were named after a song!

• lasziv sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jun 2012, 21:23
    Yes, that'd be great. I'd love this!

• juepucta sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jun 2012, 15:15
    I think we used to have that years ago. I might be remembering it wrong, it's been a while.

I think one of the reasons to do away with it was that with all the people here from planet Moronia misstagging tracks you ended up with weird nonexistent 'albums'; lots of missing covers..

Now if you are careful with your mp3s, there's a third party solution (check my profile, right hand side) - which, admittedly, i'd like to be part of the site.

-G.

• I'd much prefer if all three (artist, album, track) were merged into a single one with a drop down menu to select one, just like it is on the charts page. Preferably also with the user's option of deciding which it should default to.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.