• Tombo60 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 dec 2010, 23:21
    Yeah, this would make perfect sense.

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me! ♫

• ayuxx sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 dec 2010, 23:55
    I would love this. Even if I had to sacrifice one of them that's on there now. I'd rather display my top albums than my top tracks.

• Me too ^

• Yep. I'd prefer this to top tracks any day.

• vww3 sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 dec 2010, 17:44
    exactly, why not?
    sounds like a great idea

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 dec 2010, 21:32

Count me in!

When some of my top tracks are from the same album, I'd like an option to have a thumbnail of the album. I'm sure the people who largely listen to the same few artists would love it. Makes a lot more sense than some of the updates around here. Nice library by the way!

• Brlggs sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 dec 2010, 17:13
    easy to implement.
    Great value addition
    +1

• ooohhh i love the idea
    i want top albums

u did wut!
  • +1

• Good Job.

• respond

they should get rid of the my library in the middle because it shows the your top artists which are right underneath and theres a library tab on the left.

-mojo
    • rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 13 jan 2011, 20:17
    +0.5

It would be +1 if the album data on last.fm were better, or could be autocorrected, but at the moment, last.fm doesn't seem to distinguish between different versions of a track which are on different albums (but have the same artist and track names).

• Användare
    • 17 jan 2011, 21:53
    hmm but they do appear correct in your charts so it should work and I think it would be a great feature in ones profile.

• percy74 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jan 2011, 23:17
    puresome2010 said:
    hmm but they do appear correct in your charts...
    Not always. The easiest example to spot is compilation albums. Instead of all the tracks scrobbled from a compilation album (such as a soundtrack) counting toward a single album, each track is split as a separate album for each artist that appears on that compilation (this isn't always true, but for the vast majority, it is). So, if you scrobble the Coneheads soundtrack, on your album chart you might have a scrobble for this album and this album and this album, etc. instead of all of them appearing under Coneheads.

Even more irritating: some tracks on an album get randomly and inexplicably split between other releases, even when the metadata being scrobbled is correct. An example of this is Outkast's Aquemini, from which about half of the tracks incorrectly get scrobbled to this album.

And those are just the problems that occur when you have control of the metadata. Add to that, metadata being scrobbled from Last.fm radios and Last.fm partner sites like Mog and Spotify, which you have no control over, and is often blatantly incorrect.

Oh, and if you scrobble an artist that gets auto-corrected, Last.fm changes that information in the artist charts, but not the album charts. For example, if you scrobble "Beatles - A Day in the Life" from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, last.fm will change that to "The Beatles" in your artist chart and "The Beatles - A Day in the Life" in your track charts, but in your album charts, you just scrobbled this album instead of this album.

So even though your charts may look right, they're most likely mildly inaccurate at best. I'll vote the other +0.5 of rwitte's vote with the hope that some improvements to the album charts will come first.

• Användare
    • 16 mar 2011, 12:28
    so, what about top albums?

• Re: respond

mojolukasmojo said:
    they should get rid of the my library in the middle because it shows the your top artists which are right underneath and theres a library tab on the left.

Not really, the 'my library' is there to generate your top bands with pics of them & if users want to browse your library they can. However, the user should be allowed to show it if they want to. I would like that. You could always use http://lastfm.dontdrinkandroot.net/

• Brlggs sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2011, 10:19
    still would see this implemented. even if not 100% accurately.
    I barely listen to compilation cd's so this feature would certainly be a great value to me.

Shouldn't there be at least be an option to choose to add this feature to ones profile?

• lastfm top albums generator for your profile page.

http://covers.nmstudio.pl/

This might interest you.

• I also want this feature, it would be great, i think...

• Needs to happen

• I would also love a Top Albums chart on my main page. Thanks!

• + 0.5 for the same reasons RWITTE mentions. Plus only if it does not slowdown the Lastfm website to much nor loading of profile pages.

... but if it was possible than:
    Last weeks Top 3 albums on the far right of my profile between "recent visitors" and "About Me" sections

I can't be held responsable for whatever i say
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2011, 19:58
    +1

I like this idea. When I listen to bands, I listen to entire albums.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.