Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Ability to make profiles completely private

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 okt 2010, 18:50

Ability to make profiles completely private

Honestly I only want my actual friends knowing my listening trends, for last.fm in regards to friends it's great - for strangers and even people I don't even know who are browsing my profile it is just creepy - I get really creeped out when people message me saying that we have similar friends - it creeps me out that they are even allowed to know that in the first place. My listening data is mine, not theirs.

This was requested here but that topic has since been closed:
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/473073

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 okt 2010, 18:58
    read the thread. you'll get nothing new by posting another.

also, does it not seem slightly contradictory to ask for that and then have your full name just one link away from your profile? including your facebook and other profiles...

and it's armada btw.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • Användare
    • 2 nov 2010, 18:04

Goodbye

Well sure, if my profile is private then my name details won't be an issue, as they will only be visible by my friends - people I know. Honestly this is how I thought that last.fm worked by enabling "Hide real-time listening information" - but I mistaken.

Re-reading the thread is not useful, I already have and there was no action taken. I am asking for a feature to be added, the thread is just useless political debates rather than just adding an option of what some users wanted.

So be it. I gave you 5 years of listening data for free, and you gave me nothing back. Goodbye Last.fm.
    - balupton 97709 plays since 20 Jul 2005

• I'm looking forward to seeing you put this feature into place. :P

Until then I might need to close my account, haven't decided yet though...

• Användare
    • 30 apr 2011, 17:24
    If you want total privacy, why are you advertising your real-time listening data in your signature? Just asking.

• Don't really need this feature. Just put in less info you don't want others to know.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 30 apr 2011, 19:43
    It's a global website, viewable to all, users or not. There are some privacy options in your settings but ultimately, the only person responsible for the information you put on your page - is you.

The point of the site is social - to see who else is into the music you're into and to see how you contribute to the global data. Therefore I don't anticipate any changes being made to the current privacy options. I wouldn't support any drastic ones anyway.

If you're interested in previous discussions on the topic, please search the forums. Remember you can also search them via Google.

/locked

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.