Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new community features

• rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 27 apr 2010, 18:46

Re: Play time

McZlik said:

Sow that you don't only know how many time you listen to an artist, but also how long!

Meanwhile http://www.normalisr.com

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 30 apr 2010, 00:46
    When we hit Send on a PM, please can they go faster?

• The_Dork sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2010, 08:15
    Two ideas:

- Bring back the 'Find Friends' interface
    - Bring back full tracks

• Cl_Cl_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2010, 11:25
    New idea : delete this ugly play button on artist preview pics, it rapes beautiful photos in my opinion

• Skiye sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 1 maj 2010, 13:54
    ideas for artist pages and status page?

notifications to the music manager's/user's profile for all comments from their artist pages (track, album, profile)?
    its hard to keep up with track comments especially...is there already an easy way someone knows of to accomplish this that i am unaware of?

also, maybe a system status update on this page http://status.last.fm/ for "Music Manager RSS News Feeds". I seem to have a bit of trouble seeing the latest info from the feed on the artist page still and wondering if that info is available so I don't have to bother you guys.
    Do the news feeds on the pages update on a scheduled interval?

thanks!!!!

~Skiye

• I'd really like to be able to love not just a song, but an artist as a whole. I think it would be interesting to have a button next to an artist's name, similar to "Add friend."

However, the real reason I propose this is because I'm sure there are people out there besides myself who have stumbled upon an artist they've not heard of before and said, "Wow, I'd like to revisit this person's work someday." But how could we remember if there's no way of documenting that we ever even saw them in the first place?

I'd rather not have to make a separate bookmark folder just to store last.fm artist links. It seems like it would bring a whole new type of functionality to the site.

• gwalla sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 maj 2010, 06:37
    lollerpop said:
    I'm sure there are people out there besides myself who have stumbled upon an artist they've not heard of before and said, "Wow, I'd like to revisit this person's work someday." But how could we remember if there's no way of documenting that we ever even saw them in the first place?

I'd rather not have to make a separate bookmark folder just to store last.fm artist links. It seems like it would bring a whole new type of functionality to the site.
    You mean some way of marking artists so you can find them again? That would be awesome! It'd be even better if you could also mark individual tracks. They could call it tagging. It's so useful, I wonder why we don't have that already? ;)

• akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 maj 2010, 09:32
    gwalla said:
    lollerpop said:
    I'm sure there are people out there besides myself who have stumbled upon an artist they've not heard of before and said, "Wow, I'd like to revisit this person's work someday." But how could we remember if there's no way of documenting that we ever even saw them in the first place?

You mean some way of marking artists so you can find them again? That would be awesome! It'd be even better if you could also mark individual tracks. They could call it tagging. It's so useful, I wonder why we don't have that already? ;)

The problem with tagging artists for bookmarking purposes is that you add these artists with all their tracks to your personal library also, which is often not wanted.

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 2 maj 2010, 09:59
    I'd like to see a Overview of RSS feeds page.
    Related thread: http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/592551/

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
  • akrde said:
    gwalla said:
    lollerpop said:

The problem with tagging artists for bookmarking purposes is that you add these artists with all their tracks to your personal library also, which is often not wanted.

Exactly. I'd rather have a separate feature for that. But I guess there's workarounds for doing essentially the same thing? Just seems a little messier that way.

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 maj 2010, 07:05
    lollerpop said:
    akrde said:
    gwalla said:
    lollerpop said:

Exactly. I'd rather have a separate feature for that. But I guess there's workarounds for doing essentially the same thing? Just seems a little messier that way.
    if you don't think it's as messy, you could similarly bookmark such artists/albums/tracks by sharing them with yourself via the ubiquitous "share" buttons.

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
  • I have really good idea for a new feature, Im goanna call it 'On demand full track streaming' i heard they used to have it here but i cant remember. =[

• ilko962 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 maj 2010, 20:39

My Idea

I wish we can add a Top 3 Albums for lets say Ilko so it look like in my profile....
    My Profile

• Idea relating to track length

I would love to see a time listened category for each artist. You already store the number of plays and the time of each track, so is it really that hard to do the multiplication and addition? It would provide a more realistic showing of top artists listened, because differing genres have very different average track lengths. Basically, my pop bands accumulate the same amount of listens as progressive style bands, whose songs are usually twice as long as pop tracks, and it becomes an unrealistic representation of how much I actually listen to a certain artist.

• rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 maj 2010, 19:27

Re: Idea relating to track length

StevenEik said:
    I would love to see a time listened category for each artist. You already store the number of plays and the time of each track, so is it really that hard to do the multiplication and addition? It would provide a more realistic showing of top artists listened, because differing genres have very different average track lengths. Basically, my pop bands accumulate the same amount of listens as progressive style bands, whose songs are usually twice as long as pop tracks, and it becomes an unrealistic representation of how much I actually listen to a certain artist.

True, meanwhile http://www.normalisr.com

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 7 maj 2010, 07:18
    are admins still reading this post? :)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2010, 09:57
    onno said here:
    If a song does not have a video, then you can add it.
    But if a song has a live version linked you cannot add the official video.

Maybe make an option so you can add videos even if videos are already linked
    And make them votable like with artist images?
    The current handling of videos is particularly bad because a video that has been flagged away can never be added again, not even for a different song, which is kind of awkward.

• Användare
    • 10 maj 2010, 09:50
    Tecfan said:
    are admins still reading this post? :)

Yes we are :)

• WichitaQ sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 maj 2010, 23:40
    it's been ages since the post headers were increased, but the post bodies remained the same. and i've begged for a bazillion times to get the posts expanded to this white place to the right. so here i am, begging for it again in this thread :D

• With ^^^ WichitaQ.
    The way last.fm uses space on my monitor is as if that space is even more expensive than an on-demand full album including lyrics... :/

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
  • Are admins still reading the main Forum on the April 12th "updates"?

• hugollm sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 maj 2010, 03:24

just a little easy thing

in profile there's:

'last 7 days' ... 'last 3 months'...'last 6 months'....

i missed an 'last 1 month' option :p
    i guess a lot of people misses it

• Användare
    • 16 maj 2010, 14:20
    You could add the last month chart.

Rate tracks with stars.
    Rate album with stars.
    Rate photo with stars.

Hate track button

• Användare
    • 18 maj 2010, 19:20
    ...better privacy control for event attendance! Several people have agreed on this in a previous thread.

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 19 maj 2010, 14:06
    perhaps the best thing to do: clean up your "known issues" list before making YAP's (yet another page).. although I love the festivals thing, and it was timed very well, I would love for some of the longer standing issues to get sorted out.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.