Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new community features

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 apr 2010, 15:51
    I think the weekly charts should show peak positions and weeks at #1. When will this feature be put into place? Those are pretty essential for charts.

• wrong thread.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 apr 2010, 01:33
    Oops. LOL Sorry. I just realized this.

• My biggest suggestion, I have ever posted to LastFM - give us a Gold membership subscription package, that allows Gold subscribers, who purchase a 5.00 a month subscription, an unlimited On-Demand feature?

I know, the April 12th, 2010 site updates are causing some problems, but an optional sub-fee is definitely the solution for this.

I swear by the axe godz, I will be your first subscriber to an On-Demand option.

• Full length streaming

I joined last.fm just this past week. I was impressed with the radio stations, but more pleased that I could choose a particular track from nearly any artist, then sit back and enjoy entire songs that I know and love. Taking this feature away will take me elsewhere... I'm disabled and I can listen to FM radio over the air. I can choose specific genres or decades on cable TV. You aren't bringing anything new to the table without your on demand player. Bring back full length track listings PLEASE!!! I guess I showed up too late for your good services. I used the full length player for hours last week. Apparently I was the only one?

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 28 apr 2010, 17:21
    • Naijca sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 13 apr 2010, 14:58
    Is there a chance we could get the opportunity to hide our 'Last seen' activity? IMO, this should have been included when you hide your 'Recent activity' in the privacy settings. Maybe make it visible related to how you put the other setting.

- Naijca

Hear their screams, such sweet music. ♥ Message me → [Inbox]
    Last.fmで顧客サポートを行う。日本語でおk! → [メール]
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 13 apr 2010, 15:29
    If you enable the "Hide real-time listening information" in your settings, both your recent tracks and "last seen" will go away.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Naijca sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 13 apr 2010, 17:23
    That's the thing, I don't want to hide my recent tracks.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 13 apr 2010, 17:26
    Whilst you're building ways to embed more videos, please can we have a way to embed videos from MySpace and Vimeo.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 13 apr 2010, 18:56
    Something that might nice is to include a perma-link in quotes in forum threads. The "April 12 update" thread is getting confusing as to who said what when ...

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • snyde1 said:
    Something that might nice is to include a perma-link in quotes in forum threads. The "April 12 update" thread is getting confusing as to who said what when ...
    ;) Quoted...
    That is a GREAT idea... I recall posting that somewhere, somewhen, too!

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
    • Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 13 apr 2010, 21:05
    In other words, quote links don't work if you open them in a new tab. You also can't quote two posts on the same page without copying & pasting, because they erase anything that's already in the post box.

• uddiyana sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 apr 2010, 01:26
    I believe last.fm needs more possibilities available for non-subscribers, really. Of course, it's necessary to encourage people to subscribe, but there is a difference between encouraging and forcing. Since last update non-subscribers have nothing. Before, at least, they were able to listen to "full tracks", and it was exactly the reason for many people to come here - to listen to independent artists etc. Now this possibility has gone. They are still scrobbling, providing last .fm with their data, watching ads, but what do they get in return? Nothing.

I don't think it's good in a long run. Give them something! That would help to attract more people, and this is crucial for last.fm now, unless you are going to end up as subscriber-only service.

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 apr 2010, 16:42
    Jester-NL said (here):
    snyde1 said (here):
    ;) Quoted...
    That is a GREAT idea... I recall posting that somewhere, somewhen, too!
    ...so we don't have to resort to diy bugfixes.

bloopy's points, though quite different, are equally valid.

you'd think these are things site updates would focus on...

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
  • I've nicked a few bits and bobs from other threads on here. Please forgive me for that. I just want to make sure you've all read those *utterly wonderful* suggestions the first time around!

* Choosing our favourite artist profile picture? I'm sure many get sick to death of seeing ugly images, etc. A pretty picture makes a Last.fm profile look so good. This would really come in handy when artists are merged, say there are two different bands called Vegas and the one you like's picture isn't displayed. Those who don't have the time or cannot be bothered to change there artists' pictures, the thumbs up and down system can still be left there.

* Playstation 3 support. would be cool. It's way better than the Xbox 360 as a media player... it would make sense implementing the feature.

* YouTube scrobbling would be even cooler! Some love music videos and they want them to appear on their profile as a scrobbled track.

* Please let us hide our reset date, some don't like the look of it (me included, it's horrible).

* What about cleaning up the shouts section? I wouldn't mind seeing something like speech bubbles coming out of the profile pictures, with the text inside.

* How about scrobbling for YouTube videos?

* Please get rid of the 'News' section from each (and every) artist page. Most of the time it is filled with old Myspace news. If you don't want to get rid of it, you could introduce a system where fans can share links and embed them into the 'News' section. If it isn't appropriate, let people click the 'spam' button... or 'not right' button.

* Let us users change our usernames? That would go down a real treat. Many hate their usernames. To prevent people changing their names every minute of the day, you could implement a username limit, where you can only change your username a certain amount of time.

* I think a handy feature on the Last.fm userpages would be to display the Top Albums. Keep it similar to the one you'd normally see on the artist page, but make it the most played album of the user and display it there. Maybe allow us to hide the buy bit as it's really ugly and not really necessary. Then you could include the Paste Your Taste thing so you could copy the top 10, 15 or whatever top albums.

* I've always been interested in how well known a band is throughout the world. I think an interesting feature would be to have demographics on the artist page! See how many fans Artist X has in certain countries around the world. My little vision of the feature is a map, with each country holding the number of listeners who have listed that as their country of residence. Or a list of countries simply stating something like "Artist X has 5,036 listeners in Canada."

Yes, it's a mouthful. Please tell me what you think! I would really appreciate if the staff could reply. :)

• Phathagmas said:
    Add more forums, such as actual music discussions, maybe for different genres. Also have two forums for news, one for general news and one for music related news.

It would be cool if they implement a discussions (or forum) tab on the side of every artist. It saves joining individual forums, it means fans can talk directly to the fans (about a given topic, new album, etc), without having to post on a profile page or send a message, etc. Like what they do on Facebook, with the profile pages and groups.

• Naijca sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 16 apr 2010, 22:49
    Having a report function should almost be mandatory on every forum. But to avoid abuse, maybe you should code it so it will only work when you specify a reason in a field. Without that feature people will report abuse way more than they normally would. Yes.. someone always does. But in addition, the feature is really neat so we don't have to go search for online moderators/staff when someone is posting nasty things or spam/ads all over.

• Fasalina sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 apr 2010, 10:25
    Naijca said:
    Is there a chance we could get the opportunity to hide our 'Last seen' activity? IMO, this should have been included when you hide your 'Recent activity' in the privacy settings. Maybe make it visible related to how you put the other setting.

- Naijca

This. As a person who values her privacy, I have to agree entirely; it's kind of frustrating that people can basically check whether you were/are at your PC. Listening to music doesn't necessarily mean you're there, but if someone notices you were last seen 10 minutes ago and didn't reply to their shout, they may assume you've ignored them or something silly like that. While it's childish and petty, it still happens. Alternatively, you might just not want strangers to know when you're around.

I thought I felt my heart move.
  • but if someone notices you were last seen 10 minutes ago and didn't reply to their shout, they may assume you've ignored them or something silly
    People who want an instant reply from me, are usually the ones that know my phone number too, or live in the same house.
    Getting ones knickers twisted because of the time it takes to (not) receive a reply to a shout is (imho) a good enough reason to turn of ALL sorts of communication and get a head-check.

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 17 apr 2010, 16:08
    I'd like to add more to the journal ideas:

[[spoiler]] tags.

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
  • After a year of usage, I am beginning to find last.fm absolutely USELESS

Apparently, I am THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD who does NOT what to hear the same songs over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over... I have HUNDREDS of artists and THOUSANDS of songs in my library, but last.fm keeps playing THE SAME DAMN SONGS AGAIN AND AGAIN, despite the fact that about 10% of these library titles have ever played. I have taken to just BANNING EVERY SONG that I have already heard, including some of my favorite songs. I WANT A FEATURE THAT CYCLES THROUGH EVERY AVAILABLE SONG in the artist/track libraries before repeating itself. There is a BIG WIDE WORLD OF MUSIC out there. Why does last.fm FORCE me to hear the same tracks AD NAUSEUM? I'm switching to Pandora TODAY!

• Dasr sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 18 apr 2010, 19:23
    I would actually like to get my side bar back. Neighbors. Shouts. etc. Small feeds highlighting the right navi-menu - where you see it at a glance on my profile. Change the customization to where the shout box is currently.

• A vote up/down system on shoutboxes to hide all the spam and highlight good comments

soadize said:
    A rating or thumb up system for journals. Then get mush better recommendated ones based on what your neighbours, friends and "people who like similar journals" liked. At the moment its hard to find anything else then those "my 1234th scrobble" or "my super top 100 tracks for today chart", but i know their are some very great album or event reviews wich i would like to see.

A vote up/down system on shoutboxes to hide all the spam and highlight good comments.

2 things:

First I completely agree with this idea of being about to vote up/down certain shouts. There are many times i want to just delete someones shout from one of my favorite artists shoutboxes. Either because of spam, or profanity, or just the user left a dumb shout. But there are also a lot of times i would like to second what someone said and I know other people fee l the same because, for examble:
    On Lady Gaga's Telephone there are comments like:
    "Telephone (feat. Beyoncé)" <- correct [13]
    "Telephone (feat. Beyoncé)" <- correct [12]
    "Telephone (feat. Beyoncé)" <- correct [11]
    "Telephone (feat. Beyoncé)" <- correct [10]
    ect. if we had a simple "thumbs up/down button" for shouts we users would be able to simple click thumbs up/down instead of copy/paste every comment we like. (which i do often)

Second Also, being able to flag, or report certain users avatars, or "about me" sections. I understand that there are lots of people that are mature and would be ok for them to see certain images, but Last .fm doesn't filter any age limit from joining. The reason why i really am making a deal of this is because I would like my younger siblings to join Last.fm, but during my browsing on last.fm i have seen to many images and .gif's that make me uncomfortable with the idea of my siblings having a last.fm account.
    Sorry I don't really have a lot of suggestions as to how to do this, but some kind way to give feedback on explicit or questionable avatars & "about me" sections would be nice.

“We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with”

C.S. Lewis quote
  • Release Date of Albums and Songs

Release Data of Albums and Songs. It would be nice to have this feature when a new song appears.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.