Your ideas for new community features

• percy74 sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 mar 2010, 19:04

Re: Re: Friends Pages / Neighbourhood Pages

maz35 said:
    percy74 said:
    electrophile888 said:
    A "Friends Loved Tracks" radio station would be supercool!

Would definitely love this. Taking the idea a step further, it would be cool if there was a friends page that had a weekly chart and radio generated by you and your friends. Because some or all of your friends are likely to have different friends that aren't on your friends list, these pages would be unique to each user and only viewable by that user - just like the home page. Or maybe this should just appear on the home page somewhere.

It's not really a community feature per se, since the view would be a private one, but a friends chart and radio (and especially loved tracks radio) would certainly encourage music discovery and interaction with other users.

Likewise, a neighbourhood page would also be a welcome addition with the same features mentioned above.

Anyway, I'd love to see friend generated charts and radios become available.

While that sounds nice, I'd question why you think it needs to be a hidden page? Why not let people see your friends chart?

I suppose I was thinking in terms of how it would work. Originally I had envisioned these pages to look like group pages, with a chart, radio, shoutbox and discussion forum. But because my friends would have different friends, their view of their friends page would look different than my friends page. Just like your homepage has different recommendations and friends and things than my homepage does. I guess I couldn't see how it would work when my friends have different friends than I do. All my friends contributing to a page that applies to some of their friends but not others. Admittedly, I am becoming thoroughly confused by my own suggestion :D.

EDIT: I suppose if every user had a friends page as part of their profile it would work fine.

RE-EDIT: Jeez, I made this a lot more difficult than it needed to be. Put a chart and radio button (and Friends Loved Tracks Radio) on the http://www.last.fm/user/percy74/friends page and the same (+ Neighbours' Loved Tracks Radio) on the http://www.last.fm/user/percy74/neighbours page.

Redigerad av percy74 den 24 mar 2010, 19:28
    • Babs_05 sa...
    • 24 mar 2010, 19:24
    Talking of friends - what was that idea we had a long time ago? About separating friends (we actually talk to and do see as friends) and others we add for various reasons (group leaders, for their radios, etc etc). Friends filter, or some way of sorting our friends pages.

If I remember rightly, the discussion was another one of our tangents on an unrelated thread, so I'm not sure I'll find it. .... yep can't find it.

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 24 mar 2010, 21:03
    ability to group friends would be great indeed - I ahve declined so many friend requests from "interesting" people, with the excuse that it will mess up my friend event feeds, loved tracks and all that.. I of course only care about this for my IRL friends, but it would be nice to keep some other friends too..

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 mar 2010, 07:45
    Thanks a lot (again) for all the feedback!

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 25 mar 2010, 08:19
    Forgot one.. The ability to permalink to shouts would make discussions easier ^_^

• Användare
    • 25 mar 2010, 08:54
    I'd vote yes on grouping friends, and bringing back the "recently listened to" and "album quilt" widgets. I really liked those. Also, maybe a feature that allows you to bookmark certain songs or artists you intend to listen to, or liked and want to come back to later.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 25 mar 2010, 20:45
    Staying on grouping friends, I was thinking - how about something similar to what MySpace did - make it so we can decide who appears on Page 1 of our Friends tab. Of course, if there are too many, they would spill over to Page 2 before reverting to alphabetical. Do-able?

Or - just thought - how about ability to form lists (like Twitter)? Then we can group journal writers, radio makers, people with interesting libraries, etc etc.

• RedSoxAshley said:
    (...) Also, maybe a feature that allows you to bookmark certain songs or artists you intend to listen to, or liked and want to come back to later.
    That is what "tagging" is for ;)

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
  • Thank you guys for the new russian translation of "Paint It Black"! The new variant (Оттенки черного) is better then the previous one.

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 27 mar 2010, 10:30
    What about:
    *Ability to subscribe to friend's added events
    *Ability to subscribe to friend's wiki changes
    *Ability to subscribe to friend's picture uploads

via a dasboard/notification system

• akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 mar 2010, 11:10
    Tecfan said:
    What about:
    *Ability to subscribe to friend's added events
    *Ability to subscribe to friend's wiki changes
    *Ability to subscribe to friend's picture uploads

via a dasboard/notification system

As i've suggested already: We need a Friends Newsfeed system

• Användare
    • 27 mar 2010, 15:15
    System tray notifications for artist - track - album that pop up when listening to the radio function within last.fm software, when the next track plays. Example:
    My design is really crappy, I know, haha. But it gives a visual of the idea.. haha.

• I would like to be able to set who can shout me AND who can PM me.
      To be precise, it would be great if my shoutbox could be restricted to "Friends and Neighbours only' while at the same time I'd like to keep my inbox open for everybody. Currently this is not an option.
    • Allow us to 'pin' our own selection of forums to the forums-page. There has already been quite a bit of talk about the groups. Group-forums can be connected to the forums-page (look at the xbox-, android- and iphone forums). Go one step further and make that an option for everyone's personal forum-overview. Limit it to a max of (say) five forums. I know that I would be really happy with that ;)

• Användare
    • 27 mar 2010, 18:41
    I super agree with Jester-NL's first suggestion.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 27 mar 2010, 18:41
    ^^ Jester's first point reminds me of all those people who have met with abusive users and their problems with blocking. I can't remember all the settings now but if I remember rightly, there are gaps that could be addressed. To better protect the younger users if anything else.

• +1 for the separation of SB and PM privacy settings :)
    Babs_05 said:
    ^^ Jester's first point reminds me of all those people who have met with abusive users and their problems with blocking. I can't remember all the settings now but if I remember rightly, there are gaps that could be addressed. To better protect the younger users if anything else.
    I think there once was a bug that some people could still message others even though they were blocked there, but afaik that one was resolved already (was that what you meant?)
    Of course if there are such gaps then they definitely should be filled with a high priority.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 27 mar 2010, 19:15
    bengt_bangt - That must be what I was thinking of, thanks.

Kind of related was the request to hide everything from others, but I am against that. I don't think that protects anybody. If anyone is being abused, better in public, in view of everyone, than not. So if that's on the table - don't do it!

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 mar 2010, 19:17
    super cereal.

• I like the "radio" feature that shows how many times I have listened the current artist and track, and shows a small time line graph for the artist.

How about a feature that would allow us to access that display for any track within our Recently Listened Tracks window. I don't listen to the radio that much. I have a device (Sonos) that scrobbles in real-time as I play music in the house. I would like to access the above info for the recent tracks that I have scrobbled.

It would be good if the date last played showed, under each album's thumb nail, in the screen which shows my play counts for an individual artist's tracks.

The date last played on each of the tracks could be good too, especially if as could sort by the field.

A facility where we could upload the contents of our physical library, and then use Last.fm to identify music that we "own" but which is rarely played.

• mkuzmin sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 mar 2010, 10:16
    another idea - notifications about unusually active shoutboxes for artists in my library. something simillar to twitter's trends.

• mkuzmin said:
    another idea - notifications about unusually active shoutboxes for artists in my library. something simillar to twitter's trends.

Along these lines: a reply tracker for song shoutboxes that we have shouted in.

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 30 mar 2010, 22:24
    A reply tracker for shoutboxes would be great. Maybe it could work like Facebook forums, where you're notified only about the next few posts after yours. Also related to shouts:

95 Loved Tracks | 1,797 Posts | 0 Playlists | 438 shoutsI've made 1,797 posts all around the site, but the 438 shouts is counting other people's shouts on my page, not the ones I've made all around the site. Ideally it would link to a list of shouts that I've made, like the posts does.

• i wish the tagging system would be realtime again. ...since the site relaunch collaborative tagging feels like an endeavor for future generations not like sharing music now. it's too lame.

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 6 apr 2010, 04:20
    Account deletion should be more graceful. It's crazy how so many people post on the forums saying someone else deleted their account. It'd be nice if users had a couple of months where they could still log in and recover their account themselves. I'm not a fan of the disappearing shouts either.

• I see a lot of "why won't my playlist work"-threads. And I see a notice under each playlist. It might be nice to make said notice (in order to play you need at least 45 tracks by 15 artists) think with the user. If and when the prerequisites are reached, have an ajax-script change the text in "Yeah! Enjoy your playlist" (or something).
    It will make troubleshooting playlists a lot easier (and that is not only from a mods point of view ;) )

And now for something completely unrelated (well, almost... it is yet another idea): how about making it so that links open in a new tab/window, instead of the assuming that I am done reading on this page?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.