Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new community features

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 mar 2012, 22:47

Subtle Personal Customization?

I was wondering if it were possible to implement something that would allow users to choose for themselves, amongst the pictures already provided on an artist's page, which specific photo they'd like to display for said artist/group on their personal page and in their library.

While the top voted image would remain the "default" photo for the Artist page, the user could choose to select an alternate photo for their own library. Simply, this adds a degree of personalization that—although subtle—allows users some aesthetic liberty, permitting them to couple their favourite artist(s) with their favourite picture of them without affecting other users.

I think this would be especially useful for people who select particular artists to display on their profile, as well as for users who do not choose this option. I hope this isn't too bold of a suggestion!

• That has been suggested before, but it seems like the staff is not willing to implement it. They haven't denied it I think, but they don't approve of it, either.

• WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS SITE??

The purpose of creating Last.fm profile is to find new music and to connect with people listening to the same music, so why the hell are we in 2012 and we still can't find neighbours in our own bloody country and even if I try an alternative option by finding them with search..well that crap of search isn't even working..very disappointed. This should be like top priority.

• [spam]

[spam]

shoot....shoot.....shoot..shoot.shoot.shoot POW!
    Redigerad av Lastfmsupport den 16 maj 2012, 23:32
    • dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 apr 2012, 14:07

Re: tag removal

amlee5605 said:
    is there any way you can set something up so we can un-tag other people's mistakes? i dont think people even know what some of them mean and its messed up my recommended radio.

tags are personal and not necessarily genres.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • [spam]

[spam]

shoot....shoot.....shoot..shoot.shoot.shoot POW!
    Redigerad av Lastfmsupport den 16 maj 2012, 23:32
  • Its not like I read through these 27 pages to see if my suggestions have already been suggested but…

Profile "headlines" outside of the about me section. Tumblr style. And/or public facebook-esque bulletins broadcasted to your friends without involving personal shoutboxes.

See profiles that have YOUR PROFILE listed as a musical neighbour. Or at least a thrd-party client for Mac.

I'll check back for feedback.

Destroyer of Worlds.
    • joelugh sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 apr 2012, 10:38

Album Plays

In Charts, I would love to see ALBUM PLAYS. Taking the plays of songs in the album and dividing it by the number of tracks in the album..
    That way I could compare how many times I've listened to each album regardless of whether it has many tracks or few.
    Thank you, Hugh

• Avrig sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 apr 2012, 19:48
    I think it's a bit stupid, if you reseted your listenings, you can't vote any artist's profile pictures. Okay, it's not a big issue, but that's quite funny anyway. I've registered in 2008 and now I'm not able to vote anything since "To prevent spam, new users can’t vote right away. Listen to some music and check back soon!"

Big problems are big :DDDDD. Not. But anyway.

• aNewDay_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 apr 2012, 12:10

Scrobbling from Media Player

Lately i am thinking if it's possible to make a small application that you can put it inside of your media player, which could be your 2gb mp3 player, ipod or any phone. The main purpose of the application is to remember the history of your listening preferences, as this is the main problem from scrobbling from the media player as they can't remember your listening preference .. and then last.fm client fetch the listening data from the app and scrobble to last.fm.

• Is there a way of exporting all my charts to my computer?
    The ones that are shown at : http://www.last.fm/user/fanatka_rox/charts?charttype=weekly

• SnokBaz sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 apr 2012, 19:47

Photos\Images

make it to refresh picture only , not whole page

lastfm-library-pic
    changes the artist picture in a user's library to one of your choice
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/112650

and yes, we need this for on the artist's page

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
    • Användare
    • 25 apr 2012, 04:59

playlist/loved tracks

I know it was removed.

But I'd be willing to pay more just so I can listen to my loved tracks.
    It's such a simple thing in theory and I really want it lol.

I understand the licensing is far from simple however.

• Switch Colour Style

I'm bored to death from Paint it Black and Simple Red.

Even a rainbow have 7 colours.

edit: I mean, some blue or green would do.
    or not even a test?

Redigerad av skiesfallsdown den 1 maj 2012, 18:52
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2012, 01:51

• Användare
    • 6 maj 2012, 09:51

Add a preset for showing Top-40 artists

I'd like to have a preset for showing Top-40 artists on my profile page. 30 and 50 don't quite do the job, where as 40 fills right into the happy medium.

In fact, why not just give an user a choice to select any value between 5 - 50, with increments of five (25, 35, 40, 45)?

• *Update*

Hi

I love this app for my xbox but i wish u could update the stations to have more variety. Each time u play a station it plays the same songs first...make it so each time u switch stations a random song comes on that blows your mind. Id like that and im sure people agree with me.

• Jonbooi sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 12 maj 2012, 16:30

Music Chains

What about allowing users to create music chains as another way of discovering new music? For example, I could create a chain on my profile page that could say "Songs with the word 'Jack' in the song title". When people play a song that is on someone's chain, an icon would appear giving them the option to "follow the chain" and discover new music. Chains could be linked by various criteria like a specific word in a band name, contains a specific lyric, etc.
    Hope this makes sense. Anyone interested?

!ke e: ǀxarra ǁke - Unity in Diversity
  • Station for 'Least played library tracks'

I have tracks that were added manually to my library that just never seem to play or have played just once. I think everyone has this problem to some extent.

Can't we have a radio preset that takes the least played half of our library to make the radio?

(Apologies if this has already been suggested).

• I really can't be arsed to go through every page so if it has been posted before I'm sorry.

I really miss a Go To Top button beneath every post.

It's a real pain in the ass when a topic has a page which includes like shitloads of text/pictures and you have to scroll ALL THE WAY BACK to the top of the page.

If there is a button for this already then I must have poo in my eyes cause I can't seem to find it, but I think it would be really easy and useful.

"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

- Victor Hugo
  • Click "Home" button on your keyboard.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
  • Feets, Feats, Features

F******* Pro dude. Yeah, home/end keys ftw

@SaberGun : http://groovylists.com/
    you can then configure grooveshark to scrobble back to your last.fm. ( Yes, it's hackish, but it works very well, even with other people's profiles. )

+ Blue hearts next to the profile's loved, keep the red ones for your own. ( Viewing user's profile, blue hearts for their loved tracks on their feed and charts, your red would appear beside blue or something like that. )

+ As @DavalRista and I'm sure many others have said, it would be really cool to be able to actually meet your neighbors.

+ It would be [ x10 ] ( really, really, really, really ) cool if you could run your own CSS/JS/HTML/server side. ( Eg, sandboxed, validated microwebsite augmenting your profile. ) I've been thinking about fooling around with this concept elsewhere, but just haven't had the time/ inspiration to do anything with it. I don't exactly know what you could do ( other than nasty things ) but I think it has all the makings of a potentially good idea...
    5mb storage, sqlite database, python/ruby interpreter?
    The possibilities are endless.

// I really like the simplicity of the site, and I hope you devs don't clutter it up for a good while :)

• B 52,s

Iwould like to protest most strongly the suggestion that B52,s are an 'american band' as advertised THEY MOST CETAINLY ARE NOT ..THEY ARE FROM mELBOURNE vICTORIA aUSTRALIA..I GREWW UP WITH THE b 52,S AND RESENT u.s CLAIMS TO THEIR TALENT ...IT IS JUST TYPICAL OF u.s TO CLAIM EVERYONE ELSES HISTORY AS THEIR OWN ...B 52,s are fuckin Aussie..

• An alternative to the present pay scheme

..To fit the lifestyles of those who may not have access to last.fm(traveling, busy working, net-free environment etc) ALL the time how 'bout making a separate pay scheme charging say, $3 for 100 songs? kinda like pay as you use.

If this idea already exists then consider this my vote for it. Thanks.

er.....
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.