Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new community features

• A "see complete list of common artists" feature when viewing others profiles.

• My Friend and I were messing around and thought a good Idea for Last.fm would be if like Facebook worked with connecting to other websites through an app Last.fm could do that with Youtube by importing Artists out of your favorites on Youtube to the Artist's in Last.fm. Eh it probably sounds complicated, downside of being a crappy explain-er.

• dzelei sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 nov 2011, 14:51
    I was wondering about tho things: on my profile, I can show to people top artists (overall), top artists (last 12 months), top artists (last 7 days)... it always suprised me that after the option 7 days, the next is 3 months. What about 1 month? To me it's quite a logical time interval to show...

The second thing is more complex and complicated: it would be great to go to the artist's page (not only artist's of course, but album's or even song's, but it would be far more complicated I guess), and see in some place stats like: "friend1: 21 plays; friend7: 87 plays; friend92: 6102 plays". Is that possible to be implemented in the future?

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 3 nov 2011, 02:14
    dzelei said:
    The second thing is more complex and complicated: it would be great to go to the artist's page (not only artist's of course, but album's or even song's, but it would be far more complicated I guess), and see in some place stats like: "friend1: 21 plays; friend7: 87 plays; friend92: 6102 plays". Is that possible to be implemented in the future?
    Check out this thread. (Or if you use a different browser, this one.)

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • dzelei sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 nov 2011, 20:41
    Thanks, as for now I managed to get to use it in Firefox, but still have to figure out if it's possible to be used in Opera, still very useful though :)

• Kyzumi sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 nov 2011, 03:03
    How about having more than one leader?

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 10 nov 2011, 03:15
    dzelei said:
    Thanks, as for now I managed to get to use it in Firefox, but still have to figure out if it's possible to be used in Opera, still very useful though :)
    If Opera justs gives a 404 page and nothing more, right click on the page, edit site preferences, go to scripting and set the path to your scripts directory.

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • narongkorn

I would like to see a realtime newsfeed with updates from my friends about loved tracks, tagging activity, playlist activity, radios they are listening to, shouts they made somewhere, and so on. Perhaps coupled with a "Like" button and commenting possibilities.

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 20 nov 2011, 17:28

Re: narongkorn

narongkorn said:
    I would like to see a realtime newsfeed with updates from my friends about loved tracks, tagging activity, playlist activity, radios they are listening to, shouts they made somewhere, and so on. Perhaps coupled with a "Like" button and commenting possibilities.

I would like to have a really genious feature where all artists are being renamed to George Orwell and their only album is called "1984" with the hit single "1984" :P

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
  • - Youtube and Zune compatibility for scrobbling (I know there's some third-party software, but sometimes they're outdated and glitchy)
    - Option to toggle visibility of your shoutbox (like deciding whether you want your friends/neighbors/public to view other users' shouts on your profile)
    - Flag comments for spam on artists' or tags' pages
    - Flag song page for incorrect info (wrong artist, song title, etc.)

• Subscribtion to shoutboxes we want to trace.

• rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 21 dec 2011, 20:47
    Kaltenhoenn said:
    Subscribtion to shoutboxes we want to trace.

+1 and unsubscription (preferably using reply tracker)

• probably already been mentioned, but bigger forum push on the front and transition to more of a vBulletin style

• Provide the ability to change the username... would be great.

• To scrobble YouTube videos put out by the Artist would be great! Many bands post a new song with a new video even before the album is released on their official YouTube band site. Since many YouTube music videos are embedded into the band page anyway, why not scrobble it?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 13:26
    dornenroeschen said:
    Provide the ability to change the username... would be great.

That would be really great.

• arekolek sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2012, 15:10

1 idea, 2 solutions and 1 update

idea
    One thing that annoys me greatly, are repeating comments with a number appended
    If we'd get a + mechanism for shouts it'd be a win-win situation, for people posting them just to express support, and people who currently waste time skimming through them

solution 1
    Kaltenhoenn said:
    Subscribtion to shoutboxes we want to trace.
    You can already do that thanks to api. Use a feed reader. Example:
    http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/artist/cher/shouts.rss
    What last.fm could do would be to add a < link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" ... / > tag so it's easier to subscribe to a shoutbox.

solution 2
    OceanGypsy666 said:
    To scrobble YouTube videos...
    There is a script for that. Note: this doesn't work for embedded videos, only for watching at youtube.
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/119694

update
    I didn't realize so many people have requested features provided by this userscript http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/92598 Thanks to everyone who directed them to the download page! :)
    Not so long ago last.fm updated artist pages to include "Friends that listen to..." section, and it works a lot faster than my script!
    [suggestion]I hope soon, we'll see that section for albums and tracks as well![/suggestion]
    [suggestion]Sometimes the count isn't right. The numbers at http://www.last.fm/home/friendslistened and at particular user's ranking differ a lot...[/suggestion]

Also the update seems to have broken my own script, so I guess I'll need to update it soon.

[edit]
    Actually, I'm not sure about the "count-not-right suggestion", it looks it might have already been fixed :)

Trudno jest znaleźć dobrą opiekunkę do dziecka.
    Ale jeszcze trudniej znaleźć dobre dziecko.
  • Hi

I agree ..

• dedekjr sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jan 2012, 16:31

shared scrobbling

What about shared scrobbling?
    I mean.. me and my girlfriend are both into music and also last.fm addicts.
    We both have similar music tastes and from time to time spent a whole day just listening to music together. I would love the feature that would allow us to share scrobbling. It would scrobble to me and also to her profile.
    Sorry if this was already mentioned...

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 25 jan 2012, 22:33

Re: shared scrobbling

dedekjr said:
    What about shared scrobbling?
    I mean.. me and my girlfriend are both into music and also last.fm addicts.
    We both have similar music tastes and from time to time spent a whole day just listening to music together. I would love the feature that would allow us to share scrobbling. It would scrobble to me and also to her profile.
    Sorry if this was already mentioned...
    this help?

• dedekjr sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jan 2012, 15:37

Thanks..

Thank you. I am such a bad finder.. ;)

• Netflix inspiration...

I think if Netflix can tell facebook what you're watching, why can't Last.fm tell facebook what you are listening to?

• Share button

you really should add share buttons to allow us to share our favorite songs on facebook or writter. There are a couple that I would love to share.

nightshadetn
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 jan 2012, 23:14

Re: Share button

nightshadetn said:
    you really should add share buttons to allow us to share our favorite songs on facebook or writter. There are a couple that I would love to share.
    Do you mean twitter? I don't use either site, but there appear to be buttons for sharing to facebook & twitter on all of the track pages I visit. What tracks did you want to share that don't have those?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.