Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new subscription features

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jun 2010, 23:26
    I'd like to be able to listen to a whole album, from the first to the last song. If you think I'm too demanding you could always consider to put some limitations, like you can't listen to the same album more than once per day. Would still be okay!

• OK...I know this is a music site, yet is there any way to "search" Pms? Is that something that would ever be implemented?
    Thanx :-)

• felipe8a sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jun 2010, 22:05

Just a tought: Last.fm playlists sync with iPod/iPhone

Troughout my life I've had quite a few computers, each one with an iTunes library. By now, the only place where I can find the songs I've heard most or I've rated as "good ones" is last.fm, but I can't extract my last.fm playlists or my favorite songs into my iPod/iPhone. So here is my idea: the possibility to get into my iPod/iPhone the songs in my last.fm profile that I have in my iTunes according to several criteria that last.fm already uses such as i) recently played, ii) most played in the last 3 months, iii) songs recently added to the library, etc etc.

I hope I live long enough to see it; i think it would be pretty cool!

Bye

Felipe8a
    • rhautle sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jun 2010, 10:55

Cancelled my subscription

I let my subscription run out, because:

- I would add stations online, and not see these on the iPhone/iTouch app
    - The website is hard to navigate
    - Stations would have very few songs, repetition rate is high.

You need to work with your metadata terms and do some better linking of songs/artists. You are still far, far away from what Pandora has to offer.

Thanks.

• Basic Privacy

Just discovered that my entire listening history is open to the public, which is for me totally unacceptable. Would be willing to pay to make my profile entirely private. As it stands, will probably delete my account in a day or so.

• rutineli sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jun 2010, 20:46

How do I PLAY anything on this website???

I have loogged in to last fm three times now and wasted a few hours trying to get anything actually played. Why aren't there any instructions anywhere to tell me how to get any music out of it? I keep reading posts from people who have figured it out but I must be really dumb 'cos I can't get a solitary "beep" out of it.
    If there is anyone who ever reads this please e-mail me on rutineli@yahoo.co.uk and let me in to the secret!!! Otherwise that is IT!!! I have had enough.

• summerdreamin said:
    I'd like to be able to listen to a whole album, from the first to the last song. If you think I'm too demanding you could always consider to put some limitations, like you can't listen to the same album more than once per day. Would still be okay!

I'd settle for that. You know? we USED to be able to do that here, but now you have to follow links to some third party player that will be quite happy to take your money.

I really must get round to creating a cool signature for this box
  • Greater aesthetic customisation of one's profile, including being able to specify a preferred picture for the artists displayed in the library. I'd pay double for it.

• Jinxd sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jul 2010, 14:47
    The ability to love albums and play a loved albums station, I would love the ability to shuffle all my favourite records n stream 'em at work.

• BlaydeXi sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 jul 2010, 02:09
    delete this, wrong posted

• Neolarz sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jul 2010, 15:26
    It would be nice if you would just fix features already implimented. Like "Loved tracks" I don't think this has ever worked right. I'm constantly running into the same few songs played over and over, and I have hundreds. However I find it ironic, that a bigger variety of Loved tracks play when I just play my library....a function that is available to non subscribers.

Also Last.fm needs to do a little research, and apply tags to actual CD tags and not whatever is the most popular (which seems to be the case) imo you are incouraging piracy by letting the majority get the vote to determine what gets a "playable" tag.

*I also second being able to pick your own artist profile pics, great idea*

• Användare
    • 16 jul 2010, 12:57
    + It would be nice to be able to pick which picture from which artists pictures we want displayed in our libraries. This is especially beneficial for artists who are on shared pages. (I just noticed the_living_end had mentioned something like this as well) I [2] that.

+ It would also be nice to be able to privatize shoutboxes, and only having them be visible to friends & also to have it non-visible to people I have on my blocked/ignored users list.

+ More colors to pick from for the bar; like i am tired of only having black & red to pick from. I would like to see blue, pink, purple, brown, gold & silver to name a few to pick from.

+ An extended recent visitors list, and like someone else suggested; being able to see how many times they visited our pages & all.

+ Being able to display more than just a top 8 artists on our profiles; but perhaps 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 & 32?

+ Being able to change our user-names; but like once every 3 months or something. But I would like to be given the option to change mine instead of just making a new account. -_-

+ Being able to have personalized fonts, sizes & colors that will always show up all over the site.

+ A 5,000 character limit for shoutboxes.

+ to to able to hate tracks and not just love them. ^^

I would pay double for all of this.

• Being able to change my username or transfer all my history to a new one. Getting fed up with waiting. Everyone is trying to convince me to move to Spotify. It's becoming increasingly tempting, if only to get the username I want.

• [spam]

spam

Redigerad av Babs_05 den 20 jul 2010, 14:03
    • fezlopez sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jul 2010, 17:26

High Def. Streaming

I am all for High Def. Streaming (above 128kbps).
    Some of us in the community are audiophiles and we simply enjoy it.

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 24 jul 2010, 18:57
    I think they are working on that ;)

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
  • E_l_f_i_ said:
    + It would be nice to be able to pick which picture from which artists pictures we want displayed in our libraries. This is especially beneficial for artists who are on shared pages. (I just noticed the_living_end had mentioned something like this as well) I [2] that.

+ More colors to pick from for the bar; like i am tired of only having black & red to pick from. I would like to see blue, pink, purple, brown, gold & silver to name a few to pick from.

+ An extended recent visitors list, and like someone else suggested; being able to see how many times they visited our pages & all.

+ Being able to display more than just a top 8 artists on our profiles; but perhaps 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 & 32?

+ Being able to have personalized fonts, sizes & colors that will always show up all over the site.

+ to to able to hate tracks and not just love them. ^^

I would pay double for all of this.

i'm in agreement with elfi, i'd pay for some more input on my page with colours and playing about with the artists pictures etc..

+maybe additional photo album area? so we can all share our personal pictures from our music adventures...

• mkonecny sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jul 2010, 17:56

Pay per day

simple: offer to subscribe for a day.

This is how it could work: I buy some last.fm credit (for example $10 or $30). And then I use it up each day I use the radio. Everytime I use it, charge me something like $0,3 or $0,5 and I'll be tottally happy.

• Problem with PayPal

I live in Georgia (republic) and I cannot register on PayPal, so I could subscribe on LastFM.
    I want to know: when will be this problem solved, so that everyone could pay by Visa/Mastercard?

• Last FM Playcount

The current play-count bases you're total play-count as the times you listen to a song by an artist. This however is misleading, as certain songs are longer than others. I could spend 15 minutes listening to Pink Floyd's 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond', and get +1 play-count, or i could listen to 5, 3-minute songs by The Beatles, and get +5 play-counts. This makes it seem like I listen to the Beatles a lot more than Pink Floyd, even though it's the other way around. Not a big deal, but an alternative would be nice as well.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 31 jul 2010, 05:09

Re: Last FM Playcount

TheSteelBreeze said:
    The current play-count bases you'reyour total play-count as the times you listen to a song by an artist. This however is misleading, as certain songs are longer than others. I could spend 15 minutes listening to Pink Floyd's 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond', and get +1 play-count, or i could listen to 5, 3-minute songs by The Beatles, and get +5 play-counts. This makes it seem like I listen to the Beatles a lot more than Pink Floyd, even though it's the other way aroundequal. Not a big deal, but an alternative would be nice as well.

Top overall artists by time
    The following are your top artists sorted by time played. Times are in minutes of play, an asterisk (*) shows where times are approximate. The information in parentheses is based on your number of plays for that artist.

1(—)Porcupine Tree (#1 with 345 plays)1,968*
    2(—)Pink Floyd (#2 with 233 plays)1,219*
    3(—)The Beatles (#3 with 205 plays)544*
    4(—)10 Years (#4 with 128 plays)480
    5(—)The Alan Parsons Project (#5 with 91 plays)410*
    6(—)Led Zeppelin (#6 with 31 plays)164
    7(—)Tool (#7 with 20 plays)134
    8(—)James Moyer (#8 with 3 plays)16
    9(—)Leo Zhang (#9 with 2 plays)5
    10⇑ 1Jefferson Airplane (#11 with 1 plays)2
    11⇓ 1Nine Inch Nails (#10 with 1 plays)1

Approximate times are due to some of your tracks having zero length in the Last.fm database. Average times are used for those tracks.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Användare
    • 1 aug 2010, 10:34
    The ability to privatise all sections of a profile (library, charts, etc) in the same way Recent Activity can be made private.

• Suggestion

Subscribers can:
    -Use higher quality streaming. (192kbps for pc and 128kbps for mobile apps)
    I know that is asking a lot from last.fm but doing this would take pandora down a peg and I personally know many people who would subscribe instantly if this became possible in the future.
    -Didn't see this feature any where but being able to have the option to ban a song or artist for only a limited time, say a week or so.

: )

• Sage2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 aug 2010, 20:22

I will wait till Canada will be in a list for Android license

I was a paid subscriber for many years but now I decided to wait till Last.fm app lets me listen to radio on my Android. I am in Canada. Any time predictions for licensing?

• Sage2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 aug 2010, 20:24

Re: Pay per day

mkonecny said:
    simple: offer to subscribe for a day.

This is how it could work: I buy some last.fm credit (for example $10 or $30). And then I use it up each day I use the radio. Everytime I use it, charge me something like $0,3 or $0,5 and I'll be tottally happy.

this is nice idea!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.