Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new subscription features

 
  • If you wanted to make ME happy....

    I rarely utilized the unlimited number aspect- I have a few songs that for some reason I went kinds "nuts" over- ( I play along with them on my keyboard...) and a few artists that I worked a long time getting a track finished- but usually once I put a song in a couple of playlists I try to play those playlists. I LOVE my playlists- duhhhhh - that's my own personal selection-except for the order in which they start and play- Lord, I would love to have control over that - I would shut- up and get on with my life. Happily. That's just ME- but that would make ME happy. . Give me about 6 or 7 freebies, that's plenty of times to place them in a playlist,. I'd probably buy that song anyway by then out of appreciation to the artist...

    • rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 22 apr 2010, 23:03

    Recomendations for tracks that play

    Last.fm has already fixed one of the three things that broke when 'on demand' was discontinued; unsigned and musicmanager artist opportunity.

    John's idea above addresses the second: playlist management (although there might need to be restrictions for licensing reasons? eg the 'play in order' playlists only contain tracks available 'direct from artist')

    The third is user track recommendations that play.

    It need not be 'on demand' at last,fm. A check could be made to ensure that the track wasn't in the recipients library and that the recipient would be directed to a partner (given the recipient's location). If the check a failed a dialog could pop up asking if the sender still wanted to share.

    Edited. Green text used to identify change

  • Not a subscriber here yet. I think I'd need a higher bitrate for that. Currently subscribe to pandora which streams at a much higher bitrate. However, I just started trying this today and I like the wider variety of music it recommends (although it does tend to miss quite a bit more at the moment). I do miss the pause button and standalone client.

    I also dislike how the "Love Track" button doesn't indicate it's been pressed.

    Without a higher bitrate though, I can't see using this for anything other than occasional music discovery.

  • I'm late to the discussion but still have these fully sufficient reasons why I subscribe and keep it subbed:

    -Discovery mode (er, that *was* a reason)
    -Personal radios: They are already worth the sub price, but would be even better if I could combine or narrow them in sets (ie, combo and/or filter)

    If you're thinking about it, this would be a super-plus:
    -Friend radio (with possibility of selectable subsets)

    • akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2010, 05:46
    dianashamilton said:
    I'm late to the discussion but still have these fully sufficient reasons why I subscribe and keep it subbed:

    -Discovery mode (er, that *was* a reason)
    -Personal radios: They are already worth the sub price, but would be even better if I could combine or narrow them in sets (ie, combo and/or filter)

    If you're thinking about it, this would be a super-plus:
    -Friend radio (with possibility of selectable subsets)


    Try this: Combo.fm: Combined Last.fm radio stations

    • Athropos sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 maj 2010, 11:16
    To be frank, I didn't subscribe because of additional features but because I frequently use Last.fm (I think I visit my page at least once a day) and some of its web services (to retrieve covers in my audio player). I thought it would be honest to pay for something I find very useful.

    Now I wouldn't be against extra features :-) Something I would really like would be to define for each artist which of the existing pictures should be displayed. Right now the picture is always the best ranked one, even though I may not like it. I would love to be able to select which one I want to show on my page (and visitors would see that one also, not just me).

  • To be honest, I didn't subscribe because of additional features but because I think it's fair to offer my support in order for last fm to afford artist royalties.
    Of course I don't mind the extra features ;;), I think combo stations is really an absolutely great idea.
    The thing that I love the most about last fm is that it offers all the informations I need in one place. If someone recommends me an artist, I open last fm first and then I listen. genre, wiki, albums, tracks, videos, similars, all are in one place.

    if there would be a subscriber + option, for example play on demand, whole albums on demand, whole discogs, I'd definitely take upgrade.

    I'd probably be much happier if artists page could be more user friendly and more manageable (editable news section, album/concerts reviews links available on landing page, shoutbox with "flag as inappropiate" buttons usable at least by users if not by the artist, section for lyrics in the track page)

    Otherwise it's just perfect, I wouldn't change a thing.

    It wasn't me!
  • paint it black and simple red, wheres the bluer blue?
    and other colors?

    • akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2010, 13:47
    Had a very bad radio experience on my iPod Touch due to the significantly limited content in Last.fm's mobile apps today.

    And there are also many gaps in their full music catalogue.

    So yes, please, i'd possibly pay even more for these subscriber+ features:

    Philippe3000 said:
    BIGGER CATALOGUE OF STREAMABLE TRACKS !!!!


    and

    NO CATALOGUE LIMITATIONS IN THE MOBILE APPS ANYMORE !!!!

    • WichitaQ sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 maj 2010, 23:51
    not really a subscriber "feature" in global, but i'd like the ability to merge some of the info from our older accounts. at least the join date. it would be immensely awesome to have 2003 as my join date. my last.fm ego rates that as "solid gold" worth -.-

    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 12 maj 2010, 20:33
    WichitaQ said:
    not really a subscriber "feature" in global, but i'd like the ability to merge some of the info from our older accounts. at least the join date. it would be immensely awesome to have 2003 as my join date. my last.fm ego rates that as "solid gold" worth -.-


    I would totally admire you for that. (not joking)

    If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • Kiide sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2010, 08:31

    get the last.FM subscriptions working in more countries with internet capable amps

    the last.FM subscription is not working for Onkyo 807 AV amps in many countries. The service is not working for paying subscribers!

    Could the last.FM people consider changing the country limitations?

  • i would pay extra for a one time change of username, like how livejournal has. i reaaaaally don't like this username i've been stuck with since i was 16 haha. ;)

    LAVOIE.
    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 15 maj 2010, 21:04
    Skip the queue for event flaggings. :d

    If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 maj 2010, 20:29

    Re:Your ideas for new subscription features

    akrde said:
    Number of paying Last.fm subscribers is very low, so CBS unit’s product VP Fred McIntyre announced new features around the subscription service in Q2.


    @Staff: Still reading this post?

    Cool, then i have this question for you:

    Are the announced new features around the subscription service still planned for Q2? Any details available already?

    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 20 maj 2010, 06:54

    Re: Re:Your ideas for new subscription features

    akrde said:
    akrde said:
    Number of paying Last.fm subscribers is very low, so CBS unit’s product VP Fred McIntyre announced new features around the subscription service in Q2.


    @Staff: Still reading this post?

    Cool, then i have this question for you:

    Are the announced new features around the subscription service still planned for Q2? Any details available already?


    Very few details, though we know they are working on a new track player solution (which could have been out yesterday).. and imo, they got lots of features available to release over at the playground.. shame that just put them away over there..

    If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2010, 09:59

    Re: Re: Re:Your ideas for new subscription features

    Tecfan said:
    akrde said:
    akrde said:
    Number of paying Last.fm subscribers is very low, so CBS unit’s product VP Fred McIntyre announced new features around the subscription service in Q2.


    @Staff: Still reading this post?

    Cool, then i have this question for you:

    Are the announced new features around the subscription service still planned for Q2? Any details available already?


    Very few details, though we know they are working on a new track player solution (which could have been out yesterday).. and imo, they got lots of features available to release over at the playground.. shame that just put them away over there..


    New track player solution is out now, but i don't think that this feature belongs to the Q2 feature plans.

    Last.fm needs to get more subscribers with these announced new mystical features, much more subscribers.

    The playground VIP demos are nice to look at, but i don't think that you can win many new subscribers with such features!?

  • JohnTMcNeill Suggested This and I Concur...

    I feel the same about the 'recent visitors to my profile' thing - I get dozens of them, while I am away sleeping, eating, changing diapers, etc. When I get back to Last, I can only see the last six. Since we are paying subscribers for this feature, among others, we should have something like this and it would be very easy to implement, I am sure:



    This way, we could click on 'See More' and view activity in a 24 hour time frame.
    Maybe even one weeks visitor history would be nice ; )

    • akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2010, 06:41

    Re: JohnTMcNeill Suggested This and I Concur...

    CrybKeeper said:
    I feel the same about the 'recent visitors to my profile' thing - I get dozens of them, while I am away sleeping, eating, changing diapers, etc. When I get back to Last, I can only see the last six. Since we are paying subscribers for this feature, among others, we should have something like this and it would be very easy to implement, I am sure:



    This way, we could click on 'See More' and view activity in a 24 hour time frame.
    Maybe even one weeks visitor history would be nice ; )


    I agree with you, but this thread is about *new subscriber features*, so you should have posted this better in the *new community features* thread, shouldn't you? ;)

    • Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 25 maj 2010, 08:26
    Well, if they were displayed on a separate page, then that page would be new to us!

    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 25 maj 2010, 09:35
    YetAnotherPage :| <-- mixed feelings about that..

    How about fixing some known issues?

    If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
  • Only Subscribers can see their Recent Visitors. The rest of the community cannot, so although it's not a new feature, I wasn't really sure where I should have put it.

    I would prefer seeing this expanded on a new page, rather than becoming a larger list on my profile page.

    But yes Tecfan, we need to fix many other things first.

  • Some features that i'd love to see implemented:
    • Like/Dislike buttons to give feedback on a per session basis. This data would be taken into consideration before choosing next songs for the current radio station, but wouldn't have any further effect. This way, stations could be customized depending on the mood at that moment. Another name for this feature could be: More/Less like this
    • Ability to modify a radio station on the fly, so more artists can be added as you listen
    • Possibility to ban artists as well as songs

  • i think it will be nice if there will be musical compatibility with artists, for example, when i came to artist's page, it will shown to me how it is fitted to my musical taste.
    sorry for my broken language, i hope you'll understand me and consider my suggestions

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 jun 2010, 12:45
    A major feature for me would be the ability to watch/follow bands.

    The idea would be to be able to add any band to a watch list. With this list last.fm could provide:

    - Settings for what type of information you want to be notified about (shouts, concert, album, etc)
    - A google calendar and feed for all events from bands on the watch list in you location.
    - Feed for information updates on every band on the watch list.

    I think this would be a killer feature.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.