Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new subscription features

 
    • rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 31 mar 2010, 07:15
    hopeunknown said:
    Ability to see mutual last.fm friends from other users.


    Go to http://www.last.fm/user/user/context where user denotes the user name of the other user

  • BIGGER CATALOGUE OF STREAMABLE TRACKS !!!!

    (come on, its not rocket science)
    (and please, not just the major label crapola/payola)

    Signature text is automatically added to the bottom of every message you post in the forums. The maximum height for a signature is 100 pixels or about 5 lines of text.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 apr 2010, 17:49
    Philippe3000 said:
    (and please, not just the major label crapola/payola)


    Oh, man, they WISH they were getting payola...

    Record execs see broadcast radio as "advertising" and "exposure", but web radio as "miscreants listening for free". No, I don't understand it either.

  • [spam removed]

    Redigerad av foreverautumn den 3 apr 2010, 14:03
  • suggestions

    my votes are for:
    - new releases radio (both all new releases and recommended)
    - friends radio
    - importing itunes playlists

  • I'd like when I play my Radio don't have to always listen to the same songs. I mean more randomness.

    I also like new releases radio (both all new releases and recommended)

    @mcyeager now you can play friends radio.

    An one more, not just for subscribers, add tags like [album ],[artist ], [youtube ], etc... to shoutbox and private messages.

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 apr 2010, 15:57
    Hey there.

    I think I care more than most users about correctly titled songs, and even though I do vote for things to be changed, there just isn't enough interest for it to have any effect. Because I listen to music from multiple sources (iTunes, Grooveshark, Spotify) it's resulted in me having the same track with multiple titles appearing in plays.

    So I was wondering if you could make it possible for subscribers to merge their scrobbles of tracks. For example, Spotify lists the song 'Kill All Your Friends' as 'Kill All Your Friends - B-Side', so I'd like to merge these both in just 'Kill All Your Friends'. Same goes for Albums if possible. I've got Bring Me The Horizon's album 'Suicide Season: Cut Up!' listed as 'Suicide Season: Cut Up!' 'Suicide Season: Cut Up' and 'Suicide Season - Cut Up'.

    I think that having duplicate tracks is a real problem on Last.fm, and I'd love to help sort it out.


    Also, +1 for the ability to import iTunes playlists.

    Thanks guys! Love Last.fm <3

  • 12 artist thumbnails in the library section of our profile.

    I would crap my pants.

  • Alternate subscription mode!

    Get rid of the paypal buddy. There must be other subscription methods available. Like I am from Pakistan and I can't subscribe to Last.fm cuz there's no paypal here!

    If this forum is for real and suggestions heard, please consider the option of adding a more common payment mode (like direct credit card service) or if it's still possible with paypal, direct me to the solution. But paypal doesn't operate in my country at all. What's the resolve?

    Thanks.

  • if you guys were to implement something like the ability to stream specific tracks (not just in recommended radio), I would totally buy a subscription

    • juepucta sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 apr 2010, 03:11
    Hahahaha. Like what they just did away with?

    -G.

  • Alternate subscription mode!

    -In Chile , most of the potential users can't have a Visa or Credit card, but, if the medium of pay is other ( CuentaRUT, Sencillito or other) many potential users wiil pay for this splendid service. Chile needs Lastfm!.

    - a version lite of the player, ( whit less use of recurses, for slow pc's)

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 apr 2010, 18:28

    Less Repetative

    I've talked to a few friends who use LastFM. I love the idea and the fact I can listen to it on my phone, computer and Xbox. The one thing that is bothering me is how often it will play a certain number of songs and it has never played other songs and artists I have manually added to my library.

    I just got "there's not enough content" for my station. I find this funny as I have a lot of artist and songs it has never played in it. So confused here. :|

  • Would also love to see more done with the auto-corrections - like tracks and artists (and albums?) being completely merged, so that you don't see the incorrect names all over the charts.

    How about letting us choose our favourite artist profile picture? I'm sure many get sick to death of seeing ugly images, etc. A pretty picture makes a Last.fm profile look so good. This would really come in handy when artists are merged, say there are two different bands called Vegas and the one you like's picture isn't displayed. This sort of thing would be a great perk for the ones who are subscribers...

    How about letting subscribers change their usernames? That would go down a treat, I'm sure. Many hate their usernames. To prevent people changing their names every minute of the day, you could implement a username limit, where you can only change your username a certain amount of time.

    • SignGuy sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2010, 13:42
    Two features I'd love to see:

    -A "Most Recently Added" station, which streams the artists you most recently added to your library. How many of them (20, 40, 50) is negotiable, but it would certainly make up for the disappearance of the full preview tracks.

    - A "Bottom 100 Albums" station, which lets you listen to the 100 albums in your library with least plays. Could be stuff you added and forgot about, stuff you meant to check out but never got around to. Similar to to my first suggestion in that it would refocus my last.fm experience on what it started out as - discovering, and rediscovering, new music.

    Oh yeah, a third feature:

    - I would simply <3 to have the option to get rid of the silly red hearts from my loved tracks. A giant playlist of stuff I love is enough.

    • -VVV- sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2010, 21:37
    mcyeager said:
    - new releases radio (both all new releases and recommended)

    +1 for that

    and also a station for the different weekly charts: Hyped artists, top tracks etc.

    I also agree you'd keep the 3 dollar/euros/squillers subscription because in most cases that amount doesn’t affect your budget too much so you don’t have to think about subscribing too much and you’re more likely to subscribe since it’s only pocket money. A bigger and better package for bigger price might also be offered. The dream-come-true would be a “combine your own subscription” where you could choose the features you want and then only pay for those or select a limited amount of features for the x amount of money and they pay extra for others. That way you wouldn’t end up feeling that you’re paying for features that you don’t want/need at all. But I do understand that the complexity of it might scare of a lot of people, just something that would make this experience more interesting and personal for me.

    Nnnörd
  • 1. I like the importing other web playlists, at a click. I have some nice ones elsewhere.

    2. I know some of you may not want to say or hear this,...but Subscribers should get their On-Demand tracks back. On-Demand is probably of the largest importance. Artists and Labels who upload content, also need to have On-Demand for testing their uploads, as do moderators, who sometimes help them with issues, that may require them to hear the tracks immediately.

    3. Special privileges that allow subscribers to be seen and heard.
    Short custom text under our forum avatars, that also appears under our avatars on our profiles. This way, I wouldn't need to use the box, where my sir name is supposed to be, for doing that.

    4. Special privileges that allow subscribers to be seen and heard.
    Subscribers should get more colors, other than just 'Paint It Black' and 'Simply Red'. I want 'Gorgeous Green', thank you :) maybe 'Busy Blue'?

    5.Special privileges that allow subscribers to be seen and heard.
    Pages will not load noticeably slower, if we could just add a few choices of page background colors. Not images, just the colors.

    6.Special privileges that allow subscribers to be seen and heard.
    If I can load background colors, I could also add new text colors(keep it Ariel). Again, this is not something that will cause the pages to load noticeably slower.

    All colors could still be limited, so the members cannot use mis-matched or overly irritating combinations. Keep the background light green and the font dark green, for example

    7.Special privileges that allow subscribers to be seen and heard.
    Complex(Extra) BB Code for subscribers, so they can better align images and such, in their 'About Me' sections. This would be easy, as it only requires making complex tags available, such as tables, that I can color code and build neat and tidy columns and boxes with. I want to put two smaller images, side by side, so as to save space in that 'About Me' section. (look at my profile, to see why I would like to have this).

    Special privileges that allow subscribers to be seen and heard.
    The primary reason for this, is to make being a subscriber more fun for the subscriber, but it also makes subscribing more attractive to everyone :)

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2010, 18:40
    harryscoffin said:
    Would also love to see more done with the auto-corrections - like tracks and artists (and albums?) being completely merged, so that you don't see the incorrect names all over the charts.

    How about letting us choose our favourite artist profile picture? I'm sure many get sick to death of seeing ugly images, etc. A pretty picture makes a Last.fm profile look so good. This would really come in handy when artists are merged, say there are two different bands called Vegas and the one you like's picture isn't displayed. This sort of thing would be a great perk for the ones who are subscribers...

    How about letting subscribers change their usernames? That would go down a treat, I'm sure. Many hate their usernames. To prevent people changing their names every minute of the day, you could implement a username limit, where you can only change your username a certain amount of time.


    +1! to everything you just said there. Especially that last point.

  • IbutsuHimitsu said:
    harryscoffin said:
    Would also love to see more done with the auto-corrections - like tracks and artists (and albums?) being completely merged, so that you don't see the incorrect names all over the charts.

    How about letting us choose our favourite artist profile picture? I'm sure many get sick to death of seeing ugly images, etc. A pretty picture makes a Last.fm profile look so good. This would really come in handy when artists are merged, say there are two different bands called Vegas and the one you like's picture isn't displayed. This sort of thing would be a great perk for the ones who are subscribers...

    How about letting subscribers change their usernames? That would go down a treat, I'm sure. Many hate their usernames. To prevent people changing their names every minute of the day, you could implement a username limit, where you can only change your username a certain amount of time.


    +1! to everything you just said there. Especially that last point.


    First one: I think that is being looked into already, but not sure when it will happen, but I agree with it. +1

    Concerning the middle paragraphed suggestion: Vote on the picture you like best and help bring it to the top of the list ;) At least, I think that is way that works.

    There would be no reason to limit the amount of user name changes, however, your user name is part of your profile url, so when you change it, your url would still say, "harryscoffin" for example. If the url is also changed, you may lose all of your friends and stats as well. This would also mess up the tagging feature I just used on Harryscoffin :)
    So, why not just make a new account, if this is the case?

  • Want more people?

    (feedback for the April 12 update has to be done in the appropriate thread, thanks!)

    Redigerat av en raderad användare den 20 apr 2010, 14:06
  • New subscription features...

    new?.. start with bringing back the old ones.
    what about full-track-play?!!

    listen to your favourite songs directly at grooveshark.com
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 apr 2010, 14:05

    Re: New subscription features...

    Benutzer15 said:
    new?.. start with bringing back the old ones.
    what about full-track-play?!!


    That was never a subscription feature.

  • Re: Re: New subscription features...

    Thaelvyn said:
    Benutzer15 said:
    new?.. start with bringing back the old ones.
    what about full-track-play?!!


    That was never a subscription feature.


    Hehee :) A few LFM citizens have been assuming that.

    I think it should be though. Full track streams set by indie artists, as they see fit is a good thing, but 'On-demand' of all radio edits for subscribers, would most likely, compell more of us to purchase.

    The graphs and charts(visualisations) are pretty cool, but that isn't going to be enough to change peoples minds. I only subscribed for two reasons; one, I wanted to do away with advertising and two, I wanted to support the artists royalty service better. However, if there had been an On-demand service for subs, I would have three reasons :)

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 apr 2010, 12:54
    I subscribe for features. no commercials. Not to let other people know I pay.
    Give me the ability to choose. It scares away the shy ones.

  • bluevo said:
    I subscribe for features. no commercials. Not to let other people know I pay.
    Give me the ability to choose. It scares away the shy ones.


    Nah, it shouldn't scare them away at all. If a lurker is a lurker, it is their nature to be so. The majority of them will open right up to you, if you have an inviting personality ;)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.