Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new subscription features

• what would make me a paid subscriber

i love the Radio Stn and Music Genre concept of Last FM i keep returning for more. and the suggested other artists/songs etc. easy to switch from one to other. ok, give me something thats a cross between Spotify (paid) and Last FM. i would sign up for a fiver per mth no probs. Slight improvements to the interface wld be nice. there's a little too many fancy functions being added at the expense of working simplicity. here's an example. in "Your recent tracks:"
    1. Click to drop down icon, 2. Click Remove from library
    3. in the Remove from library dialog, "are you sure": Click Remove
    4. In the 'Done' dialog, "Songname removed from your library": Click Ok
    Ouch, there really was no need for number 4 !
    As an asside, i tried to id a forum thread 'Provide your feedback here' but all i found was lots of sub-sections (eg. Community etc) . i'd like a simple way to provide feedback. just one form.

Vegetarian for the animals
    They can't defend themselves against Man's cruelty
  • InKursion said:
    For the love of God, let us change our usernames (even for a fee).

This!

And in addition to that, the ability to edit scrobble data so you can fix errors in your library. I've heard this is already being worked on, at least for albums, but I'm not sure if it is planned for song and artist names, too.

Also, I really would love to be able to export all my personal messages I sent to and received from other users.

• Oronal sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2012, 13:05

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Knapster01 den 7 mar 2012, 13:21
  • Will anyone from the Last.fm team ever actually read this
    I read through this thread and the forum every week and report all feasible suggestions up the chain o' command. I don't always post however, because we can't make promises on anything suggested. We do read them though.

Is it Christmas yet?
    http://www.last.fm/christmas
    • somines sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 mar 2012, 23:12

New artists in library

I just got an idea that it would be great to know what new artists I have added in a monthly, weekly breakdown. Because it is great that I can see all tracks I have listened to, but there are so many new artists I like and it is hard to follow. The "love" button is not always the best choice, because with many of them, they get lost.

So I would love a new feature that could help me organize my new artists, and would show with a timeline which were added at which time. If I could also mark there whether I liked it or not, that would be the best.

Hope I am not the worst nightmare of the developers:)

Thanks,

Agi

• jak4 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 mar 2012, 02:25

PayPal

Add another payment option than PayPal.

• Problems and Suggestions

Hi, I have been a Last.fm subscriber since 2006 and absolutely love the service. However I do sometimes encounter problems with the service which I have outlined here. 

Problem:

Some songs keep coming up despite banning them several times. 

When adding items to library, they sometimes don't stay added.  I've re-added some things to my library a few times. 

Certain tracks are played more than others - very annoying when you have lots of songs added to your library and the same 20+ songs keep coming up. 

In addition, I have made a list of suggestions that I feel would improve my experience:

A 'skip track back' button.

An iPad app would be amazing!

A way to add all songs from an album to your library without going to each track individually. Clicking add album to my library simply doesn't add all the tracks. 

A mix radio without the recommendations. Just your library and unheard tracks from artists in your library. 

I would really appreciate a response to each of my problems and suggestions. 

Thank you very much and keep up the fantastic work there. 

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 mar 2012, 21:16

Re: Problems and Suggestions

AlexHamlin said:
    A mix radio without the recommendations. Just your library and unheard tracks from artists in your library.  
    +1

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • In addition to your feedback here, we're running a quick survey on subscriptions, if you have a few minutes to fill it out, we'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

http://cbs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_78Uk6JvDMRHKZN2

Is it Christmas yet?
  • jak4: Noted, but please raise it in our survey if you have time: http://cbs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_78Uk6JvDMRHKZN2

Some songs keep coming up despite banning them several times.

When adding items to library, they sometimes don't stay added. I've re-added some things to my library a few times.

Certain tracks are played more than others - very annoying when you have lots of songs added to your library and the same 20+ songs keep coming up.

Thanks for your feedback, AlexHamlin. These are all known issue which our development teams are looking into.

For example, the banning issue crops up frequently with users like yourself that have a large amount of banned tracks (426+ pages worth). I believe banning at present adjusts the weighting of the track to make it 'considerably less likely' to be played, but not impossible (as the name might imply). There are circumstances where it will be played, if Last.fm can't find something better, and the more tracks you ban, the more likely it is that at least one of those might be played.

Repetition rates are something we're constantly having to keep an eye on. Every now and then repetition rates get too high and have to be reset. This can result in a higher song repetition that usual. In addition, Radio playlists are based on recent listening behaviour, which may result the same track being recommended (you hear it once, which increases it's chances of being played again). You can even this out by skipping tracks and scrobbling locally.

You can also adjust the repetition rates for your own library with http://combofm.de/

Choose Personal stations -> Library; and then dial the mainstream and repetition sliders to the left.

>>>A 'skip track back' button.

I not entirely sure what you mean by this... As in, if you skip a track, going back if you change your mind, or..?

>>>An iPad app would be amazing!

"We may consider doing an iPad-specific app in the future, however we're not ready to announce anything at this time. In the meantime, our iPhone app should work fine on the iPad."

>>>A way to add all songs from an album to your library without going to each track individually. Clicking add album to my library simply doesn't add all the tracks.

+1 from me. Yeah, I need to talk to the development team about that one - as the behaviour of the library and add buttons isn't very clear.

>>>A mix radio without the recommendations. Just your library and unheard tracks from artists in your library.

Again, +1. I'd like to see a radio that plays tracks based on scrobble count, with least played ones getting higher priority (and then, as they get more scrobbles, they drop out of the listing in favour of other tracks).

In the meantime, you can create a customised Last.fm radio with http://combofm.de/

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Is it Christmas yet?
    Redigerad av Maddieman den 3 apr 2012, 14:16
  • I subscribed for one month because I wanted Android streaming, and because I forgot that Last.fm removed "on demand" playing, loved tracks, etc. even for subscribers.

I won't be continuing the subscription. The Android app is disappointing for use in the car (occasionally dies when in the background and doesn't offer a way to skip/ban/love tracks without switching apps), I was wrong about on-demand, and I realized that my music profile has gotten so cluttered that I can't even listen to my library without skipping every other track. I'd love a way to forget the tracks that Last.fm scrobbled from its own radio streams and get recommendations based only on the tracks I loved or scrobbled from other apps.

• On Demand Streaming

There is clearly only one feature that makes me pay: on demand streaming.

I like last.fm, but I have started using Spotify and I can see, that I'm rarely coming back to last.fm anymore. Why would I pay a subscription to hear radio when I can get free on-demand at Spotify???

PLEASE FIGURE SOMETHING OUT AND LET US LISTEN TO MUSIC WITHOUT BEING FORCED INTO SPOTIFY/FACEBOOK.

• sjovan sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 12 apr 2012, 02:45
    hldd3n said:
    neighbours
    I think it will be nice if the neighbour system can calculate your 'neighbourhood' over period matching neighbours for a week, 3months,6months, overall...

This is a lovely idea! I can't even imagine how much new and good music I would find with that opportunity.

Edit: I would like the ability to delete journal entries. Why? Because I don't use the feature, and have one old and annoying entry from 2005...

Edit2: "To all subscribers: What additional subscriber features could make you think about paying a higher monthly fee?"
    I guess the only feature that could justify a higher fee is play on demand (not a feature I want/need), but why on earth are you asking questions like money grabbing whores? You guys just broke my illusion that this service was all about music and community.

• Edit: I would like the ability to delete journal entries. Why? Because I don't use the feature, and have one old and annoying entry from 2005...
    http://i44.tinypic.com/xpt3si.png

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    • sjovan sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 12 apr 2012, 10:28
    Ziomek2000 said:
    Edit: I would like the ability to delete journal entries. Why? Because I don't use the feature, and have one old and annoying entry from 2005...
    http://i44.tinypic.com/xpt3si.png

Lol, I'm officially a blind fucktard. Thanks for the help mate.

• ypotier sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 apr 2012, 07:59

Re: On Demand Streaming

quarkloewe said:
    There is clearly only one feature that makes me pay: on demand streaming.

I like last.fm, but I have started using Spotify and I can see, that I'm rarely coming back to last.fm anymore. Why would I pay a subscription to hear radio when I can get free on-demand at Spotify???

I can only agree here.

My subscription is finishing but I do not think I will renew it. I am using spotify, everything is scrobbled. The only interest of suscribing to last.fm seems to be seeing who comes on your page, very limited...

why cannot i listen to the playlist like I used to?
    why cannot I listen to my loved track like I used to? (which I actually can do with spotify)
    why cannot I have on-demand streaming?

I like last.fm and I have been here for a while now, but the feature do not justify the price of the subscription.

• Only one thing is holding me back from being a subscriber

Ease of Payment. I know, paypal is pretty darn easy. In fact just about anyone can get an account and buy something within minutes. I however, have stopped using Paypal for personal reasons and only use my credit and debit cards now.

If I could have a secure way to pay with either of my cards or through my bank I would subscribe.

• OnyxxOr sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 maj 2012, 00:11

Here's a bunch of thing which might make me subscribe :)

Hey people,
    Just a quick disclaimer before it all...

These are just some conceptual ideas I've thrown together based on my usage and I acknowledge upfront that I've used really loose terminology, and I've skipped out of mention of players and usage that hasn't applied to me, so I'm not lobbying on the behalf of specific software etc (e.g. haven't owned apple products to date so I haven't made mention of them ^^).

Also, some of this stuff is really pie in the sky and with respect again to loose terminilogy and applied technologies (like where I talk about IDvX tags), it's just conceptual, so please don't worry about correcting my understanding of the tech, it's not really about that - problems can be solved in interesting ways in unexpected places :D. And lastly, I'll admit quite openly to not having explored all options and methods, so if some of this stuff is already available feel free to point it out to me folks - I'd take the information gladly and go play ^^ - and with all that blah-blah here it comes:

I would like plugins that take common sequences from playlists / playtime (auto-detecting manual plays would be pretty awesome) and build a virtual DJ out of the mixing of millions of people. Yay - I'd pay!

I would like plugins that take star ratings from wmc, xbmc, winamp, silverjuke, upnp android apps - and synch to and from last.fm and all my players - WOOT - I'd pay!

I would like synchroized play count plugins for all my players (see above) so that play counts in my apps are the same as play counts on my last.fm (some players can auto generate playlists for favourited plays, would be cool to be able to set them in last.fm and they work for this in my local players, or vise versa) - YEAH BABY! I'd pay!

I would like last.fm to publish weekly top 40's for each user based on settings to exclude long ago abused music, selectable top 40's in groups of genres, plays between Nx and Ny, etc - which we can generate restorspectively - OH YEAH MAN! I'd pay!

Export any selection of music (such as the top 40 above) to my local PC using my own available media to build the playlist and play offline in all my players (like some last.fm "similar" plugins that exist) - EXCELLENT! I'd pay!

A new set of IDvX tags to store the mood of a song, thereby letting last.fm identify my mood based on my music.
    Generatable playlists to move me from genre to genre; or even song to song; to get me out of dull moods would be even more epic. This could even be extended to export moods to social networks - based not on how I feel during that brief second of posting, but 4 real, based on stuff I've actually be listening too. The psychology of music ^^ - SWEET! I'd pay!

Much of this could be encapsulated in plugins reading last.fm data and taking control of my player(s), autoselecting songs in either my own collection, the internet, or both, and provide these services from the top down ^^ - NICE! I'd pay!

A new set of IDvX tags to store the parent genre of a genre. The act could be called 'de-genrelization'. This would be cool because although it's nice to know the specifc child genre of each arists music, most people don't have collections large enough to intelligently group music in private collections that can be played 'together' thereby preventing automatic 'smart' play based on genre since sub genre's don't group with their parents - sux... This would ROCK!! I'd Pay!!

Support for multi-login in last.fm plugins, which could then be used to create a local media radio station where my visiting friends' music is matched against my local collection and cross referenced favourites are played - great for parties!

Thanks!!

• OnyxxOr sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 maj 2012, 00:50

One more :)

I realize this is going to sound counter intuitive, especially to the ardent fans of open source... but I'd like to see last.fm take a more totalitarian approach to scrobbling clients...

Some work better than others for different players at different times, so I'd enjoy it a lot of last.fm bought up scrobblers and absorb all the goodness and offer a single approved scrobbler for each platform that works under all conditions.

For example, I use a uPnP player on Android that offers 3 choices of scrobbler and they each work well at different times, but none of them all the time :( Since the majority of my wishlist stems from profiling my plays this would be the best place to start :)

thanks again!

• In addition.

You could also think of the Polish audience, and the payment method you would add the payment after the sms and it is best to PLN. believe that it would be a very good solution, since the majority of Poles are just too lazy to pay by PayPal, or, as in my case, my ability only by SMS. So, please consider this proposal because the young Polish people, are limited to 50 tracks at the outset, and then they don't listen the radio, which certainly deserves attention. :)

• crunch09 sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jun 2012, 14:58

Metadata

Please, please provide mp3-Tags like Artist and Songname for the Songs one can stream through your API. This would be very helpful, because i could show this information while streaming the songs in MPD ( http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Player_Daemon_Wiki ). Appreciate any Feedback.

• endote sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 jun 2012, 04:13
    To all the users that have unsubscribed in the last time for whatever reason: What would you like to see to get you on board again?

Loved tracks radio and the feeling that we actually get listened to when you ask questions like this.

You remove "personal tag" radio and "loved track" radio and subscribers have decreased. THERE IS A TREND APPEARING HERE.
    The "love" button is pretty much pointless now.

Also, the fact that old accounts cannot be merged with current ones is nothing but an excuse. It CAN be done, it's just not an easy procedure, so you fob us off with an "impossibility" answer.

Until either of these are implemented again, I will not subscribe. You could make both a subscriber only feature even and I would still be willing to pay.

• I'd happily dish out a whole lot more money for a subscription than is required now, if it meant I'd be able to listen to Last.fm radio via my Android phone here in Finland. At the moment I mostly listen to music via Spotify mobile and my computer, so I don't subscribe to Last.fm, but I'd LOVE to use the radio stations (ESPECIALLY tag stations) via my phone, as such feature is missing from Spotify.

Therefore I'm suggesting a similar three level subscription Spotify has: free, subscriber, and premium, where free and subscriber are similar to what they are now, and the new premium level would enable the user to use the phone app to listen to Last.fm radio. Other extra perks would of course be nice, but the ability to listen to the Last.fm radio via my mobile would be a reason enough for me to become a premium member.

And as several of my friends here on Last.fm share my thoughts on the matter, I'm pretty sure many others feel this way too, so I do believe you'd have quite a rise in subscriptions with the new premium level offering mobile radio.

Close your eyes and dream.
  • I would subscribe and pay serious money if I could correct my own tags and incorrect album data (Some of which came from the Last.fm radio, thanks for that! Has put me off using it for a long time now - Yes, I am that anal about stuff being right!)

I hope we'll get this features one day but I doubt it'll be any time soon. Shame, I really enjoy Last.fm otherwise.

• slofox78 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jun 2012, 08:19

See all the tags and Edit / Delete my tags

Hi,

I would like to See all the tags and Edit / Delete my tags for a track / album / band please.

Thank you and best regards

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.