Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new subscription features

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 5 jan 2012, 20:27

Re: 2 features already mentioned; 1 'new'

xolin11 said:
    2. Mutual Artists. I like what you guys did with the musical compatibility bar on the profile, has a good selection of common artists. But I really want to see ALL of the artists we share, not just 4 or 5. I have to guess what artists we share to use the http://www.last.fm/user/%user%/library/music/%artist% link which is a slow process.
    You may want to check out this script.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • roomx sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 jan 2012, 08:17
    JustSomeOldJoe said:
    The new features I want are no new features. What I want is pretty simple... and will keep me subscribing for life.

First and foremost, focus in on the data architecture and get it right! If I had a buck for every time I've said this over the years, I'd be a rich man: get the front-end wrong, you rebuild the front-end; get the app layer wrong, you rebuild the app layer + the front-end; get the data architecture wrong, you rebuild everything.

Whatever it takes, focus in on the data architecture and work toward an accurate catalog. That doesn't mean perfect scrobbles, but it does mean building an abstraction mechanism between the labels and internal sys, integrating the album attribute, and cleaning up the base catalog. Whether its integrating Musicbrainz, Discogs, or additional catalog services, implementing additional internal MDM mechanisms, or a combination of all the above, pick a method/arch that moves you in the direction of serving the system of record purpose, and get it done. Without it, you're just building new services on a faulty foundation... house of cards.

Second, work on enhancing and solidifying the API. Make the jump to allowing full control (integrate banned track retrieval, shout retrieval/tracking, track removal, message management, etc), and build in an appropriate synch mechanism.

At its core, LFM is a data services firm. Data services are it's bread and butter. They've got the one thing that no one else has: scrobbling ubiquity. As a result, they're the perfect service to serve as system of record. Work on the data services and API and everything else falls into place.

well said.

• roomx sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 jan 2012, 08:18
    klubmetro said:
    What I need is

recent listeners of my radio station

and this feature which disappeared years ago: play only tracks which are not in my library. By the way; why has it gone?

agreed!

• roomx sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 jan 2012, 08:25

Re:Old subscribers wants playlist functionality back

Hexdex said:
    Just give me back functionalities that I had before
    1. Play play lists
    2. Play loved tracks

Yeah, this is exactly it! Where are my playlist functions and why tf. did you remove the ability to play loved tracks radio!

Also, that VIP-Playground page sucks... Not really a VIP, is it.... I hate when pages pretends to give VIP-privileges, but dont.

I still cling to my subscription, though. But are getting more and more annoyed. That new discover function is booooring... What is the difference from before, a fancy layout with a windows XP backround looking interface? pfft.

• xolin11 sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jan 2012, 19:00

Re: Re: 2 features already mentioned; 1 'new'

snyde1 said:

Ah I think I've seen that script before but never tried it because I thought it was outdated. It's pretty neat. Thank you!
    I just wish the links on the artist names linked to this:
    http://www.last.fm/user/%user%/library/music/%artist%
    instead of this:
    http://www.last.fm/music/%artist%

But it's possible to edit the script to do that.

Also, there was one more feature I forgot while typing my last post.
    4. 'Enhanced' play history. I don't know if last.fm stores that type of data but it's basically telling me (on following page) what program I used to scrobble that single play. I thought of it helping with deleting those 1-play-only artists I mentioned earlier.
    http://www.last.fm/user/%user%/library/music/%artist%/_/%track%

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 jan 2012, 22:37

Re: Re: Re: 2 features already mentioned; 1 'new'

xolin11 said:
    snyde1 said:

Ah I think I've seen that script before but never tried it because I thought it was outdated. It's pretty neat. Thank you!
    I just wish the links on the artist names linked to this:
    http://www.last.fm/user/%user%/library/music/%artist%
    instead of this:
    http://www.last.fm/music/%artist%

But it's possible to edit the script to do that.
    Yes, and that happens for the "sorted" matches.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • xolin11 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jan 2012, 08:19

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 features already mentioned; 1 'new'

snyde1 said:
    Yes, and that happens for the "sorted" matches.

I meant for it to link to the the other user's list; not mine.
    Close enough. Thanks again!

• For the love of God, let us change our usernames (even for a fee).

inky : original scrobbler.
  • I know I said on the first page I was unlikely to unsubscribe... well, I *really* miss being able to play playlists/tags/loved tracks (tags, mostly) and would resubscibe for that. Really I would.

I am so much cooler online...

This Is My Joystick
    All Things Uncharted
  • fingers crossed

"For the love of God, let us change our usernames"

Something to show friends in common.

I can't see comments from members that are in my ignored list while a idid that because they used to ofense me in my page and in artists shout box?! :s
    Why?

See you!

• Grazikon sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 00:46
    LadyPatience a dit :
    I know I said on the first page I was unlikely to unsubscribe... well, I *really* miss being able to play playlists/tags/loved tracks (tags, mostly) and would resubscibe for that. Really I would.
    One thing you can do is add /tag/*genre* to listen to music of that genre in your library. So if you wanted to listen to only rock music in your library, you could go to http://www.lastfm.fr/listen/user/LadyPatience/personal/tag/rock.

• xolin11 sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 06:04
    I noticed that you guys made the mentioned Mutual Artists feature for free users. That is just wonderful! You don't even understand! I might even subscribe again just to support.

• Grazikon said:
    LadyPatience a dit :
    I know I said on the first page I was unlikely to unsubscribe... well, I *really* miss being able to play playlists/tags/loved tracks (tags, mostly) and would resubscibe for that. Really I would.
    One thing you can do is add /tag/*genre* to listen to music of that genre in your library. So if you wanted to listen to only rock music in your library, you could go to http://www.lastfm.fr/listen/user/LadyPatience/personal/tag/rock.

You. Are my hero, Thank you so much!

This Is My Joystick
    All Things Uncharted
    • headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 11:32
    Grazikon said:
    If this doesn't work when the tag has two or more words, try it in the scrobbler... paste: lastfm://user/LadyPatience/personal/tag/mentions a train

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • headey said:
    Grazikon said:
    If this doesn't work when the tag has two or more words, try it in the scrobbler... paste: lastfm://user/LadyPatience/personal/tag/mentions a train

Doubly cool. Thank you, too. :)

And that is a quality tag you picked to demostrate with!

This Is My Joystick
    All Things Uncharted
    • juepucta sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 20:44
    Oooooh. This is eeeeenteresting.

"mentions a train" is indeed a great tag.

-G.

• loved track radio station

Skeat Skeat
    • ghusk sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jan 2012, 00:47

leaving again

15 pages of reasons to get through before adding mine -- read first & last.

For me the service needs to work on mobile devices in Canada. I used to have the ipod app before it got restricted and then broken by an apple update.

I don't want to haul a laptop to listen to new stuff -- last.fm needs to get into more markets. I heard and bought a lot of new music when I used the service (Kaiser Chiefs, Thea Gilmore, Snow Patrol, Martha Wainwright, White Lies...)

Upshot of it is -- I'm using another service that does support mobile devices in Canada -- they may not be as good but hey the option isn't there.

• Just a small idea, not sure where to put it but I'm a subscriber and this would make me a happier subscriber so here it is.
    The change to the events page being recommended events is fine, but I personally never use it. If there are events on in my city of artists I listen to, I always hear about them before browsing events on last.fm, hell, I add a lot of them myself to last.fm. I use the events page as a more comprehensive gig guide for local bands that I've never played or maybe even heard of. So I always have to click "All Events".
    So I'm just wondering if an option can be added to choose "All Events" as the default events display.
    No big deal though... :)

• Daubyb sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jan 2012, 21:22

Free trial over, I won't be back

I was not impressed with Last.fm. The website is not intuitive. I found it difficult to update after having initially entered some of my music preferences. Even having to give my feedback via these threads seems very impersonal. Will anyone from the Last.fm team ever actually read this. Unfortunate really because I had high hopes. Last.fm. Lot's of potential but failed to deliver...for me at least.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 26 jan 2012, 00:14

Re: Free trial over, I won't be back

Daubyb said:
    Will anyone from the Last.fm team ever actually read this.
    Me. I read it. If you still want assistance, you can start a thread in Website Support where I or another moderator/staff can help.

• Thank you very much. :

• hldd3n sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2012, 10:07
    neighbours
    I think it will be nice if the neighbour system can calculate your 'neighbourhood' over period matching neighbours for a week, 3months,6months, overall...

• not quite there yet !

last.fm came on my new revo axis and have nearly finished the free months trial. Will not be subsrcribing due to the following...
    dissapointed that you cannot scrobble from any station being played on that radio
    too many 'dodgy' track versions
    needs pause & replay

• Grazikon sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 12:59
    hldd3n a dit :
    neighbours
    I think it will be nice if the neighbour system can calculate your 'neighbourhood' over period matching neighbours for a week, 3months,6months, overall...
    This is possible if you go to the playground: http://playground.last.fm/ and scroll down to the neighbourhood one.

It would be nice if this were linked from a user's neighbours' page. That way, anyone interested in finding out their neighbourhood over time could be able to find it easily.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.