Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new subscription features

• What I need is

recent listeners of my radio station

and this feature which disappeared years ago: play only tracks which are not in my library. By the way; why has it gone?

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 nov 2011, 11:27

combofm

klubmetro said:
    and this feature which disappeared years ago: play only tracks which are not in my library.
    +1

'Tracks in my library but with only a single play' would be good too.

@klubmetro As you seem to have 99% of your tracks tagged could combo.fm find what you want?
    try
    http://beta.combofm.de/station/
    choose a station
    then add each of your tags but change each dropdown to 'Not'.

I know it would exclude tracks which other people have tagged, but you DO seem to be the the main person using those tags, at least recently, so it could get you new stuff.
    Just a thought.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • I unsubscribed when you started charging to play stations on Squeezebox, a feature that was always free - previously I was always a subscriber basically just to support the site but I felt this was kind of a dick move on your part.

So you kinda stabbed yourself in the foot there last.fm - if I wanted to pay for streaming to Squeezebox I would pay the extra for Spotify and play exactly what I want to hear. Which is incidentally what I now do.

• Deoradh sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 nov 2011, 09:28

Exclude from algorithms

I listen to a lot of podcasts. I do want them to scrobble as a record of my listening habits but would like to like to exclude them from the algorithms that determine Neighbours, Recommended and Mix radios. Perhaps we could flag them on the artists page or have a list of exclusions in the settings

• ukebanjo sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 nov 2011, 19:02

A library full of junk and no on demand

So a year or so after I stopped subscribing because on demand was taken away I find that Deezer and Spotify do allow you to listen on demand when you subscribe. So why can't Last.fm do this? Also I find their service doesn't clog up "my" library with junk I didn't want to listen to as you have to specifically say when you want a track added. I never listen to my library on Last.fm simply because it isn't my library.

Bye bye Last.fm, after several years of listening I think that's it now, there's just better services elsewhere, sorry!

• centar21 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 nov 2011, 02:27

Ban single artists

I've looked all over for an answer to this, but no luck. When I'm listening to my recommendations radio, I can ban a track, but not an entire artist. Why is this? I keep getting artists which I know I do not want to listen to. Will it be possible to add this feature in the future? Thanks.

• headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 nov 2011, 17:41

Re: Ban single artists

centar21 said:
    I've looked all over for an answer to this, but no luck. When I'm listening to my recommendations radio, I can ban a track, but not an entire artist. Why is this? I keep getting artists which I know I do not want to listen to. Will it be possible to add this feature in the future? Thanks.
    I've rarely used the page but can't you dismiss the artist on the recs page?
    http://www.last.fm/home/recs

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    • centar21 sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 nov 2011, 07:37

Re: Re: Ban single artists

headey said:
    centar21 said:
    I've rarely used the page but can't you dismiss the artist on the recs page?
    http://www.last.fm/home/recs

Yes you, can thank you I didn't know about that option. It would also be nice to do it from the radio station as well though.

One other question, are there any plans to support scrobbling for zune player? That would be amazing!

Thank you

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 dec 2011, 20:18

Old subscribers wants playlist functionality back

Just give me back functionalities that I had before
    1. Play play lists
    2. Play loved tracks

• The Last.fm servers are temporarily overloaded, please try again in a moment.

Maybe give paying users traffic priority?

• Changing the band pictures in your own library

This way you can select the picture you want to be seen out of the pictures on the bandpage, and there will be no problems with multiple bandnames. This way you always display the right one.

© Neurotik Barbie.
  • I do exactly the same ...

UncleDavenage said:
    I unsubscribed when you started charging to play stations on Squeezebox, a feature that was always free - previously I was always a subscriber basically just to support the site but I felt this was kind of a dick move on your part.

So you kinda stabbed yourself in the foot there last.fm - if I wanted to pay for streaming to Squeezebox I would pay the extra for Spotify and play exactly what I want to hear. Which is incidentally what I now do.

• Re: Old subscribers wants playlist functionality back

Hexdex said:
    1. Play play lists
    2. Play loved tracks

Exactly that's what I'm missing. What's the point of creating playlists and marking tracks as loved when you can't listen to them via last.fm?

there is a light that never goes out and it's called hope
    • Deoradh sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 dec 2011, 12:48

Re: Re: Old subscribers wants playlist functionality back

zuzanchen said:
    Exactly that's what I'm missing. What's the point of creating playlists and marking tracks as loved when you can't listen to them via last.fm?

You can if you use this Chrome extension

• TalnSG sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 dec 2011, 15:56

Subscription flaw

The only reason I hate subscribing to Last .FM is that it requires using PayPal. I detest being forced to use a monopolizing company that has absolutely crappy customer service. Get off your lazy ass and add a secure way to take credit cards, without going to another site!

M. TalN SG
    발 톱
  • I recently switched to Spotify (since it became available in my country) for a number of reasons, the most important one being on-demand playback as well as offline support (with premium subscription). There are a lot of things I love about last.fm - specifically, the music recommendation system is way superior to Spotify's and has literally changed my life - and also the unbeatable pricing. But at the end of the day, last.fm can't currently compete with Spotify feature-wise. Also I hate being forced to use PayPal (on the other hand, Spotify forces me to use Facebook, which I hate almost as much).

• P.S.: If last.fm were to offer on-demand playback, I would probably be coming back, even if it meant a higher subscription fee.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2011, 22:44

Here are some idea's

1. A something completely different button, which gives people random NEW songs that are not in their library. (Since discovering music is one of the main reasons people use last.fm, this should be available for free users AND susbscribers!)
    2. As an addition to the radio, see if you can figure out an on-demand system for subscribers.
    3. Free the radio again, limit the number of tracks a user can listen to in an hour to about +-6. This should get people hooked and lower the bar to a subscription. Making the radio subscription only was a bad move, because you forget about the feature in a while if you end your subscription.
    4. The users don't give a crap about stuff concerning your radio licenses. Get them fixed so they can have what they want, if you can't do this, people will walk away.

• I agree with Babs_05

I too would pay a higher subscription fee for subscriber +

• cklequ sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 dec 2011, 04:25

Re: Old subscribers wants playlist functionality back

Hexdex said:
    1. Play play lists
    2. Play loved tracks

3. Play personal tag radio

I used to be able to do this too. Why did i bother tagging anything in the first place? These are the three features that kept me subscribing. Now i just subscribe once in a while because sometimes i get curious about who's looking at me. And then i realize that it's really not worth it. Not worth $3 a month must mean something.

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av mr_maxis den 27 dec 2011, 11:53
    • mpak_ sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 dec 2011, 17:51
    Is it possible for subscribers to make comparisons based system not on tag artists, and on tag of top songs for the last period (or the last user-selected period)? To search for neighbors.

• pajaja sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 dec 2011, 02:31
    Change payment method!

• cvitnu sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jan 2012, 16:26

multiple locations event tracker

I would love to track events in several locations, not only in default one

Constants are changing
    • xolin11 sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jan 2012, 17:46

2 features already mentioned; 1 'new'

1. Detailed log/list of Recent Visitors, possibly on its own page with the total visits per user on that list.
    2. Mutual Artists. I like what you guys did with the musical compatibility bar on the profile, has a good selection of common artists. But I really want to see ALL of the artists we share, not just 4 or 5. I have to guess what artists we share to use the http://www.last.fm/user/%user%/library/music/%artist% link which is a slow process. Streamlined functionality is important to me.
    Those two features as they are now feel sort of half-arsed to me so some adjustments would make them a whole lot more useful.
    3. Library Manager. Can be either a local application or a part of the actual website. Check boxes to mass tag, mass delete, mass add-to-playlist, mass love, etc. For some reason I have just under 2000 artists on my list and I want to get rid of all the one-play artists without spending a whole day verifying and removing.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.