Forum » Feedback and Ideas

January 15th site update

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 18 jan 2010, 22:06
    hehe did they all go to France? missed that. doesn't matter, technically it's still the holidays, January is a non-month. I'm sure our heroes and heroines will return to business as usual soon, if they haven't already.

Every two weeks is fine. Every week is probably unrealistic.

• IanAR sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2010, 15:31

[Go Live] No Code / Config Changes W/out 'All Hands' Following Day, Again, Pls

Tecfan said:
    Babs_05 said:
    are you complaining they took a break for Christmas/New Year? :O

nope :) just saying, site updates possibly brings new bugs, and then it's not good having the entire last.fm crew on weekend trips to France..

*props Pål*

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 21 jan 2010, 00:24
    A few niggles since the site update:

- the site's a little sluggish generally
    - I can't look at the Sent folder in my Inbox, it won't open
    - when I try to do something, it takes longer than usual and sometimes times out, eg sending a PM, sending an item to share, edit a journal, tag an item, etc

Also, and I'm not certain on this - have URLs for journals changed? Or am I imagining it? ... I'm confused. When I look at the URL for this week's reco journal (green text) there are square brackets in the URL. But when I copy it to paste it, it changes to %% sort of thing.

Or it does usually. I just managed to copy a URL and keep the square brackets, which messed up my BBCode. Don't know how. :/

• Heyza Babs,

I was getting disappearing comments in the forums yesterday morn, but has not happened since then.

I LOVE the planetary 'Music Universe' thingy deal and especially the PDF format! Thank ye, oh great and powerful LFM staff :)

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 21 jan 2010, 14:04
    CrybKeeper said:
    I was getting disappearing comments in the forums yesterday morn, but has not happened since then.)

I replied to Babs after her first post on this page, but that comment also disappeared..

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • IanAR sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jan 2010, 14:58

Percent URI Encoding

Babs_05 said:
    I'm not certain on this - have URLs for journals changed? Or am I imagining it? ... I'm confused. When I look at the URL for this week's reco journal (green text) there are square brackets in the URL. But when I copy it to paste it, it changes to %% sort of thing.

Or it does usually. I just managed to copy a URL and keep the square brackets, which messed up my BBCode. Don't know how. :/
    The current percent encodings look fine, to me.

Also, only the http://www.last.fm/user/Babs_05/journal/2010/01/19/3clxgg_ part is vital for navigation, the rest (lifted from the title), is only LastFM's guess at text that summaries the destination page's content, i.e. if you wanted to have http://www.last.fm/user/Babs_05/journal/2010/01/19/3clxgg_Jarvis%20Cocker%27s+Instruments+Can%27t+Forget that'd also work - Ian

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 26 jan 2010, 16:15
    What I meant was - I was able to c+p a journal URL that showed [ ] in the browser and didn't change to %% when I copied it. It was the ToTP journal I did last week, if staff want to see. I had to c+p just the part that works and remove the rest in order to put the journal link in my sig.

http://www.last.fm/user/Babs_05/journal/2010/01/20/3cqdvl_

and the full thing

http://www.last.fm/user/Babs_05/journal/2010/01/20/3cqdvl_%5Bmy_gang%5D_top_of_the_pops_20_jan_2010

except it's showing %% now. I don't know how I grabbed [ ] when I wanted to put it in my sig but I did.

• akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jan 2010, 12:32
    @acreature: No new Wednesday update this week? Or do you change your update schedule to Fridays in 2010?

• akrde said:
    @acreature: No new Wednesday update this week? Or do you change your update schedule to Fridays in 2010?

We're planning to keep the Wednesday release schedule, but as I said in the original post we're still getting into the swing of things. Our official launch policy remains "When it's ready." :)

• IanAR sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jan 2010, 23:49

Re: [Groups] 50 Deep 'Unique to this Group' Weekly Artist Charts

akrde said:
    IanAR said:
    I love this feature! Thanks v'much.

Yep, great, thanks...

This seems to be broken now :( Ian

• flaneur sa...
    • Alumni
    • 29 jan 2010, 10:33

Re: Re: [Groups] 50 Deep 'Unique to this Group' Weekly Artist Charts

IanAR said:

'Unique to this group' charts were working on the couple groups I tried just now, can you link to a group where it's broken for you? Thanks!

• akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jan 2010, 10:39
    akrde and friends for example.

Only 10 unique artists are shown...

• IanAR sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jan 2010, 14:18

Re: [Groups] 50 Deep 'Unique to this Group' Weekly Artist Charts

flaneur said:
    IanAR said:
    'Unique to this group' charts were working on the couple groups I tried just now, can you link to a group where it's broken for you? Thanks!
    akrde said:
    akrde and friends for example.
    Only 10 unique artists are shown...
    Thanks for the interest Matt. Andreas' correct, it's the 50 that's gone missing.

For most groups 10 is mundane, so 50's a big improvement.

For large musically thematic groups, e.g. Swing w/ 675 members, even 50's mundane & 200 would be much better.

NB: An option to get these from group.getWeeklyArtistChart, or a variant, would also be most useful - Best, Ian

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.