Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Jan 29 Site Update

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 mar 2009, 08:02
    TREVORXCORE said:
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before but why isn't there something that we can correct our own artist tags?

Also what if the track that scrobbles is the wrong one but there is no suggestion to correct it..

if the yellow banner doesn't appear, on every artist and track page, down the right column, you will find a "suggest an auto-correction" link.

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
  • Ahh, I see it. Thank you!
    Why is it so small and out of plain view? Isn't it important that users correct the tags?

• The most blantantly incorrect artists have the yellow bar you mentioned earlier.
    Placing that everywhere would make the whole idea of that bar a bit useless, because it would be less visible in the end. Besides, what would be the use of such a bar on the page of, say, The Beatles
    The location of the current link is convient enough (in my opinion). On the same spot on every page, located near all the other links to artists/websites/labels and so on.

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
  • resentment

I am managing my group http://www.last.fm/music/+noredirect/Garsia (GARSIA). Today I cant normally visit this page it's redirected to Garcia.
    The question Why!!!! If the group Garsia have a manager here (Have a page, music, video), autoredirected to wrong page!

And you're changed wrong it in my library.

If i listen GarSia tracks and they are existing (and more: they free to download), they shoud no tobe auto corrected.

p.s. I hope you understaend me. And sorry for my english :)
    And please fix this problemmm!
    Thanx!

try to listen my music Insanity13
    • thisfred sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 mar 2009, 23:13
    The yellow bar appears as often on correct as on incorrect artist names, I thought the idea was to follow musicbrainz? This would delegate the responsibility to a very trustworthy collection where anything that's wrong gets updated much faster than here, and more consistently. I've seen moderators here fix the artist name to the incorrect version, and close down the correct one. They were immediately helpful when I pointed this out, but this kind of moderation is much better left to a system that is designed for it, IMO.

"Look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology..."
  • Re:Re: Issues with auto correction

Sleepydoll said:
    trommelars said:
    I have 高円寺百景 tagged as Koenji Hyakkei, so that I can actually read the name. It's fine with me that the tracks are auto-corrected to 高円寺百景, which seems to be what should happen - Koenji Hyakkei redirects to 高円寺百景.

[snip] What is even stranger, is that the tracks seem to be auto-corrected to 高円寺百景 while the tracks are playing (with green stars and all), but as soon as each track finishes it's listed as Koenjihyakkei.

Just what is going on here?

I have a very similar problem. I listen to Hiroki Kikuta a lot, which I have tagged Hiroki Kikuta since my computer and players don't support kanji. I was very happy when it previously turned it into 菊田裕樹 automatically. That has now changed - it shows the tracks are being auto-corrected and on my profile in the recently played it claims that it has auto-corrected them, ie 菊田裕樹 – Aru ketsukitsu , BUT when I look at the recently played page, it shows, for example Hiroki Kikuta – Aru ketsukitsu , in other words it seems it has NOT auto-corrected it after all... So I checked my library and lo and behold:

Aru ketsukitsu Tagged Seiken Densetsu 2 Original Sound Version 1:08 55
    Aru ketsukitsu Seiken Densetsu 2 Original Sound Version 1:08 1

And this is happening with several similar artists! And it is frustrating beyond description! Yes, I'm a stats nerd, and it is frustrating beyond belief when these dublicates keep cropping up! I immediately flag them to the correct form, but I definitely hope it'll be enough...

So please please please tell me these instances are going to be merged eventually (sooner better than later). Because the new system is splendid and just what we needed, fixing several problems that were rampant on last.fm, but if stuff like this happens and won't get fixed, it'll be a real pain to try to fix by removing the plays previous to auto-correct and re-listening them all in order to get stats straight...

This has sorted itself out now, at least in my library (and at least for the time being). Thank you for fixing it :)

Close your eyes and dream.
  • More on translations..

I'd like to continue on the kanji/translation/romanization matter a bit...

Shouldn't translated (or romanized or latinized) names be merged with original foreign names, like before, whether the spelling-correction is on or not?

The translation feature still works; names in kanji etc. are latinized like they should be. But I'm not keen on the auto-correction feature, as it results in many unwanted merges, and so I keep it off. Yesterday I noticed that I now have a bunch of new duplicate entries in my library.

For example, with the translation option on, I have two instances of Masashi Hamauzu in my library; one links to Masashi Hamauzu (i.e. Masashi Hamauzu => Masashi Hamauzu), and the other to 浜渦正志 (i.e. Masashi Hamauzu => 浜渦正志). Obviously the latter is how it should be.

Is this going to be fixed? Or can't it be helped (which would be a bit weird as the translations work)?

• TaDaLive sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2009, 02:34

Help with crediting correct artist with songs/CDs

Hi there. I'm the artist TaDa, and there are also apparently 2 other artists with the same name showing up on the page. I attempted to merge the accounts without any success. So I can't include my image on the page that is showing my CDs...

Please let me know how this can be fixed.

thanks,

TaDa
    www.sonicbids.com/tada

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2009, 06:41
    you can upload your artist images on this page. i'm not sure what you mean by "merge the accounts" though, as Tada is already a shared artist page.

btw, official images aren't allowed on shared pages, so i've already flagged this offending image for removal.

there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
    • GBLambda sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2009, 12:32
    I have listened to the Texas Flood album from Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble. The whole album was tagged with the same tags for artist and album. In my library everything is OK, but when I looked at my charts for albums, I saw that the album was divided in two: there were some plays for the correct album, and some for the artist misspelled as Stevie Ray Vaughan;Double Trouble. I got auto-corrects turned off. Do you have some idea why this happened? How can it be fixed?

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2009, 13:50
    i can't say for sure why your charts would differ from your library (wrt the entry for Stevie Ray Vaughan;Double Trouble), but there are 2 tracks #4 listed on the album: attributed to Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble and Stevie Ray Vaughan;Double Trouble respectively, so you might have scrobbled the latter too.

redirection for Stevie Ray Vaughan;Double Trouble is already in place, pointing to Stevie Ray Vaughan, so re-suggest if necessary. turn on auto-corrections and see if any change occurs in your charts.

and it's also likely some of your tracks were scrobbled under this album instead.

• GBLambda sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2009, 14:17
    After turning on auto-corrections no changes occured in my charts, the wrong album still figures there. I find it a bit strange, because those tracks were scrobbled from mp3s that had identical tags, and auto-corrects were turned off at the moment. One more weird thing I found in my library are some tracks from Venom, that can be seen with exactly the same titles and are linking to exactly the same addresses, but they appear as two separate tracks.

• The Strokes – When It Started (Live in Iceland)
    was auto-corrected to The Strokes – When It Started (Live in Icela

this is the only one I have noticed that doesnt make any sense

• Jott_Ha sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 mar 2009, 22:58

I'd better watch my library!

Why is the Johnny Cash & Alice in Chains song 'Time of the preacher' automatically corrected in a Johnny Cash - only song? This changes everything!
    Why is Armando Trovajoli automatically corrected in Armando Trovaioli (Check out his website www.trovajoli.it and get to know his correct name!)

Please, don't let me watch my library the whole day long for other stupid changes!

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 28 mar 2009, 08:33

Re: I'd better watch my library!

Jott_Ha said:
    Why is the Johnny Cash & Alice in Chains song 'Time of the preacher' automatically corrected in a Johnny Cash - only song? This changes everything!
    Why is Armando Trovajoli automatically corrected in Armando Trovaioli (Check out his website www.trovajoli.it and get to know his correct name!)

Please, don't let me watch my library the whole day long for other stupid changes!

you can turn off auto-correction if this is a problem for you. but rather than doing that, you should vote to get this fixed (but make sure that you actually are right before you vote.. (check with musicbrainz))

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • Jott_Ha sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 apr 2009, 15:59

A better way...

... would be a button to 'un-correct' single tracks that have just been played.
    That would be a really useful pull-down menu!

• GBLambda sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 apr 2009, 16:17
    Something weird happens to my scrobbles again. I can find in my library such strange albums like Shout At The Devil or Mama's Gun by [unknown] artist (I couldn't insert correct markup, so here's the link), although my ID3 tags are correct. I still got auto-corrections off. Today this began to occur to many tracks and it becomes a bit irritating. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Re: I'd better watch my library!

Jott_Ha said:

Was that track really Johnny Cash & Alice In Chains? If I remember right, only the AIC drummer was involved. I think it's legit to call it a Johnny Cash track. Other musicians from other bands (Kim Thayil of Soundgarden and someone from Nirvana, I think) backed him up too. There isn't really one band name for that group of musicians.

• Re: A better way...

Jott_Ha said:
    ... would be a button to 'un-correct' single tracks that have just been played.
    That would be a really useful pull-down menu!

This would be nice, instead of having to wait around for other people to vote on something. I have a few things in my library I'm glad have been auto-corrected, but more that have been auto-corrected wrongly. It'd be nice to be able to disregard a change from your profile page, and also have that count as a vote in favour of something being a legitimate track/artist.

• Jonty sa...
    • Alumni
    • 16 apr 2009, 15:32
    dunk and I quickly whipped up something for those asking about all the corrections applied to their library. It's not linked anywhere yet as it's not very pretty - we'll expose this better in the future.

So, if you want to see all the corrected artists in your library:
    http://www.last.fm/user/jonty/library/moderatedartists

And all the corrected tracks:
    http://www.last.fm/user/jonty/library/moderatedtracks

It lists the corrected version, you can see what it was corrected from by hovering over the green star. Obviously you'll need to replace my username with yours in the URL...

Hope that helps a few of you out.
    --jonty

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2009, 15:41
    legend jonty. thanks a lot

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • Babs_05 sa...
    • 16 apr 2009, 16:31
    fantastic, Jonty, thank you.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 16 apr 2009, 19:23
    Just another expression of gratitude, Jonty & dunk - this does help out. Thanks.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • thanks, that's great!

but i think the list of moderated tracks should show only tracks which are actually moderated on track level - i.e without all those based solely on artist name corrections from the other list.

And another thing: for some reasons the artist name Prodige gets corrected to Prodigy. It's currently on page 61 in my library. When sort by name it should be on page 108 but i can't find it. A bug?

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 apr 2009, 07:45
    Jonty said:
    dunk and I quickly whipped up something for those asking about all the corrections applied to their library. It's not linked anywhere yet as it's not very pretty - we'll expose this better in the future.

So, if you want to see all the corrected artists in your library:
    http://www.last.fm/user/jonty/library/moderatedartists

And all the corrected tracks:
    http://www.last.fm/user/jonty/library/moderatedtracks

It lists the corrected version, you can see what it was corrected from by hovering over the green star. Obviously you'll need to replace my username with yours in the URL...

Hope that helps a few of you out.
    --jonty

it'll be nice if these could quickly be sorted by:

artist name alphabetically
    and
    artist name alphabetically - track title alphabetically

at the user level, it'll be another handy resource to quickly check / search for / consolidate misdirections by artist name / track title.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.