Forum » Feedback and Ideas

wanted: event notification emails!

• wanted: event notification emails!

i am a longtime user of sonicliving (using my last.fm artists), but have recently stopped getting event notification emails from them. i'm not sure what the status of the company is, but they have terrible customer service and have not returned my emails or tweets asking about this problem.

i would LOVE for last.fm to send event emails on a weekly and an "ASAP" basis, similar to sonicliving, so that i am notified when concerts are announced and when they go on sale. the calendar integration you have is handy, but doesn't help me when the show sold out two months ago.

in the meantime, i'm thinking of trying songkick. is there an easy way to sync it with last.fm?

~she's playing footsie in another dimension~
  • DITTO!

I too would LOVE to get notification emails for upcoming events.

Specifically, it would be awesome to have notifications for newly announced, recommended events (or newly announced events for my last.fm artists).

I'll have to look into songkick as an alternative but would prefer to have Last.fm as a one-stop-shop for all my music-related needs!

• luas sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 dec 2012, 17:32

Same for me

I've been hoping for this feature for a while.
    Given that Last.fm knows
    # where I live and
    # which bands I love
    it doesn't look awfully complicated to connect these parameters (Okay, I admit to you programmers that things are always slightly more complicated in real world).

However, I suggest there should be some user-definable parameters, such as:
    "Send me a notification if one of my Top X band plays in the surrounding of Y kilometers of my home".
    Or, even more detailed, we could assume that the more often I played an artist, the farther I am willing to drive to see them live. But this is fancy already...

Hoping for some feedback if this sounds interesting enough to be implemented...

• Loucifer sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 dec 2012, 20:16

Same here!

This would definitely be a feature I'd use. I think it would need to be an automated thing though - rather than one where bands/fans can invite you. The endless event invites on Facebook are rather annoying and I'd hate to see Last.fm go the same way.

However, if it was like luas said - that would be wonderful :)

www.LouciferSpeaks.com - metally goodness
    www.Metal-Buddy.com - social network
    www.MetalTavern.com - metal forum

\m/(>_<)\m/
    • dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2012, 00:27
  • The thing about songkick is that it only selects your favorite artists (in my case it picks 207 artists? Don't know why though), while I'd like to check and see if one of the artists I listen to will give a performance (>2000). I'm still searching..

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.