Forum » Feedback and Ideas

What the hell happened to all the shoutboxes?

• Schander sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 16:55

What the hell happened to all the shoutboxes?

They all seem to have been cut in half...

Has this been done intentionally?

If so... I for one, already hate it.

• Schander sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 17:50
    Its length, I mean...

Or am the only one having this issue?

• Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 17:54
    Screenshot?

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • Schander sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 18:12
    Uhm, that doesn't quite fit... but what I mean is, that they all seem to have been reduced to a mere eight shouts for me.

• Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 18:15
    Hhmmm, it appears they are.

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • Schander sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 18:19
    Except for the shoutboxes on users' profiles, which are still at ten. I tried turning off every Stylish script I had running, but to no avail... so, I take it this is part of some "update"?

• Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 18:23
    Groups still have twenty.

Maybe something broke?

• WTF, Last.fm? Please change it back? Or at least give people the option to change how many shouts we see like we do on our profile pages with charts? That'd be cool too...either way, this short-shoutbox thing...i'm not really feeling it. =/

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 21 maj 2012, 21:15
    That's odd. I don't see any change. I'm using Firefox 12 and on Mac 10.6.8

What OS / browsers do you use? Have you cleared cache, temp internet files etc?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 21:39

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Babs_05 den 11 aug 2012, 15:43
    • Schander sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 21:41
    I'm using Firefox... and it's still on eight shouts.

• Size matters; the longer the shoutbox the better.

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 6 jan 2013, 17:13
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 21:45

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Babs_05 den 11 aug 2012, 15:43
  • I agree with Bloody-Lunar. Metallica DEFINITELY would disapprove of this.

• Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 21:56
    Desktop: Win7 + FF13.0 (eight shouts per artist) + Chrome 19.0 ([disables the disable-shouts-script]... eight shouts per artist) + IE9 (eight shouts per artist)

Netbook: WinXP + Chrome 19.0 (eight shouts per artist) + IE9 (eight shouts per artist)

• MATI9630 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 22:14
    Oh, come on, last.fm.
    What the hell was wrong with 20 shouts?
    It really kept the spirit of discussion more... well, alive.
    And now eight shouts. Oh, cool, it's less to read.

So yeah, people will click on 'see more shouts' more often AND you'll get more money from the ads!
    Plus now people might be upset but in a month or even less they won't mind it.
    How brilliant!...

[no, it's not brilliant, it's a pretty retarded move in my very humble opinion]

/\ true /\
    • Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 22:21
    Can we tone down the outcries a bit for now? Nobody has said this is a new feature instead of a bug.

• I'm using Chrome...if that's helpful...probably not. I just want the old shoutbox back, tbh.

• MATI9630 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 22:36
    Alainn said:
    Can we tone down the outcries a bit for now? Nobody has said this is a new feature instead of a bug.

Welcome to the Internet, mr. Anderson.

...but ok, album/song pages still have twenty shouts.
    So now we are left with three options:
    a) it's a bug. Weird one. Convenient. But still just a bug.
    b) this new 'upgrade' is in a couple of steps - first events and artists, then albums/groups/songs, then the whole universe
    c) this new 'upgrade' is just for events/artists.

c) wins for being the most retarded option since it's mostly event/artist pages which have the most intensive discussions (ok, groups also...) and they are the ones being castrated.

/\ true /\
    • Babs_05 sa...
    • 21 maj 2012, 23:06
    Oh artist and event pages. I thought OP meant profile pages. Yes, I see it too. Can't remember now - was it like this over the weekend?

Staff are back in the morning (it's midnight here in London). Appreciate your patience till then. (my bet is it's a bug seeing as there's been no announcement, but that's just a best guess)

• MATI9630 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 23:28
    No, it was not like this over the weekend.

I hope your guess is correct... but I don't see why there would be an announcement in the first place.
    I mean, what would it be like? "We're reducing the amount of shouts so that you would... um... have a nice day everybody"?

/\ true /\
    • Babs_05 sa...
    • 21 maj 2012, 23:38
    It would have been mentioned in the fortnightly site update thread, which is usually mid-week (in the Feedback & Ideas forum). It's unusual to have a site change on any other day, so for this to happen on a Monday is not typical at all. You're right, it wasn't like this at the weekend, I posted on Robin Gibb's page last night. :(

• Babs_05 - thanks for your replies. I guess we'll just have to wait it out until tomorrow and then hopefully we'll all know more.

• Schander sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 maj 2012, 01:52
    Yeah, I should've specified a bit more... it does indeed solely concern the shoutboxes on artist and event pages. If it is a bug, it's a damn odd one.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.