Forum » Feedback and Ideas

We need a Last.fm Timeline for users!

• We need a Last.fm Timeline for users!

Just to make it look more as a Social Network, there sould exist a Timeline where we can post our thoughts about music and artists, share our tastes and discuss in a realtime mode.

Andy J. López C.
    • DFA1979 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 16 mar 2012, 22:53
    where we can post our thoughts about music and artistsThat is what journals and shoutboxes are for

discuss in a realtime mode.I'm not totally sure what you mean (you used 'timeline' as if we're supposed to know what this is without explanation - only thing that comes to mind in this context is facebook, but facebook's 'timeline' has nothing to do with real-time discussions of anything). Are you talking about a facebook-style news feed? If so… not for me, thanks.

• The Facebook timeline is the worst I've seen recently, not including ACTA and suspension of Megaupload.

• juepucta sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2012, 10:54
    Argh...

Is this the new 'make it more like myspace'? Half a decade for that crap to die down and now this?

-G.

• no, last.fm should keep it simple... it's a place that tracks down what you are listening. Period.
    If you want a timeline go to Facebook.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 apr 2012, 13:20
    glad to see this was roundly dismissed.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • tijmz sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 apr 2012, 13:07
    Yet it would be nice if activity could be more easily shared to Facebook. I really like how Spotify used the Facebook API - it would be cool if I could do the same from last.fm, as I find this service much more useful than Spotify.

And yes, I know all the arguments against sharing activity, but I happen to like it, and I am not alone. Having it available as an option would be cool and could stimulate further adoption of the last.fm platform

• tijmz sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 apr 2012, 13:29
  • While I don't think a timeline would be a good idea, more facebook integration for those who wish to use it would be nice.

• Are you talking about a facebook-style news feed?More like a Twitter feed.

Andy J. López C.
  • I'm not talking about making last.fm look like facebook but just simply setting a column next to our avatar where we can post things like "hey, Los Hermanos sounds great" even I can't understand any Portuguese!" and also integrate all of our activities in there.

Andy J. López C.
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 16 apr 2012, 03:48
    hiperfenomeno said:
    Are you talking about a facebook-style news feed?More like a Twitter feed.
    Well then, use a feed.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • Interesting idea.... sounds a little too much like social networking though.... maybe if it wasn't on your profile page but a link from that so you could ignore it if you wanted.

• Noxatron sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 apr 2012, 05:46
    I prefer Last.fm, It may be a simple layout but that's what makes it unique and cool.

• Noxatron said:
    I prefer Last.fm, It may be a simple layout but that's what makes it unique and cool.

Yeah, over complicated-ness is what tends to kill off social networking sites of all sorts.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

• podgod sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2012, 18:45
    Just saw the Spotify timeline app and thought... "why doesn't last.fm have something like this?" This needs to happen!

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2012, 18:53
    podgod said:
    Just saw the Spotify timeline app and thought... "why doesn't last.fm have something like this?" This needs to happen!

really doesn't.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • You don't understand. The journal thing is more for formal things, we need a space to shout for others to read. It must be integrated with our shoutbox.

Andy J. López C.
    how old is the shoutbox? we live in the year 2012!
    facebook and google+ show us the way of modern communication.
    communication between the fans and the artists. last.fm does not move forward!

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
  • how old is the shoutbox? we live in the year 2012!
    facebook and google+ show us the way of modern communication.
    communication between the fans and the artists. last.fm does not move forward!

I see more and more of these remarks all over the site. And I agree. I'm a big fan of Last.fm, but it's not 2007 anymore...

Also, this: http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/2024514
    But then connecting to your Facebook Timeline.

-= Fight, Win, Prevail =-
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2012, 08:50

Better Facebook Integration

I think a lot of people prefer to use Facebook for Social Networking and would like Last.FM to release an official facebook timeline app like Spotify or the other Music apps here http://www.facebook.com/about/timeline/apps

This has been requested here http://www.last.fm/group/Connect+Last.fm/forum/128131/_/546701/1 and here http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/2024514/1 but so far I can't find any official reply. If Last.FM is choosing to ignore Facebook then I think a lot of people will start to use other services which would be a shame.

I think Last.FM is great but I feel it is losing a lot of ground.

If you search the forums for facebook or timeline you will finds lots of requests for this feature. It would be nice if a member of Last.FM Staff could confirm that they are working on this.

I have previously used 3rd party services and http://www.facebook.com/LastfmScrobbler does a reasonable job but an official app is wanted by most users.

Also an official facebook app should lead to more Last.FM users.

• Bom_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 maj 2012, 21:28
    Plzzzzzzz.

• Done!

Twice!!

Stop whining!!!

Plzzzz.

• podgod sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 maj 2012, 13:27
    Dude... that is nothing like what people are asking for. I'll stop whining when you start listening

• Dunnemin sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 maj 2012, 00:00
    I hate Facebook. I dont like it at all. Thats why i am on Last FM. I love it here.
    Please Last FM dont become a clone of Facebook.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.