Forum » Feedback and Ideas

February 23rd site update

 
    • Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 18 mar 2012, 20:18

    Re: Better navigation/functions for listening history/song history/album history pages

    VanHalenFreakZ said:
    My last and final suggestion would be to add a delete button for albums, deleting all listens of the songs scrobbled under that album, this would also help with fixing album name typos.
    This would help where I have fixed an album name like this (correct tag): http://www.last.fm/user/VanHalenFreakZ/library/music/Megadeth/The+Big+Four%3A+Live+From+Sofia%2C+Bulgaria?sortOrder=desc&sortBy=plays&rangetype=overall
    That could be handy, but deleting is more of a workaround than a fix. It'd be a lot nicer to keep your past scrobbles and be able to assign them to the correct albums.

    • juepucta sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 mar 2012, 04:48
    Bloopy has the right idea. Just deleting whole sets of scrobbles because of mistitled albums is a bit dangerous. Remember that some official, licensed services (that scrobble) have horrible tags. Spotify being the worst offender.

    Reassigning them to the right album would be nice.

    -G.

    • Schander sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2012, 00:45
    Not only would it save an incredibly amount of time and prevent frustration, for those amongst us who actually care about having their charts and library in a pristine or even immaculate condition... but it would also drastically alter and immensely improve the accuracy of the popular/most listened albums for the entire website.

    • wh00p sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2012, 23:12
    Just a quick question - will you make that /explore feature visible somewhere? I find it an amazing source of different data and everyone I've shown it to so far was just as pleased. Are there any plans of adding a direct link to it somewhere or not? Or ... is it already somewhere out there and I managed to miss it? :D

    When it really comes down to it, would you really choose economics over environment,
    where will you be when there is no clean air or water?
    Screw economics for the moment.
    I want to live.
    Clara Price
    • juepucta sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2012, 05:04
    Schander said:
    Not only would it save an incredibly amount of time and prevent frustration, for those amongst us who actually care about having their charts and library in a pristine or even immaculate condition... but it would also drastically alter and immensely improve the accuracy of the popular/most listened albums for the entire website.


    I hear you BUT i'd rather have my scrobbles there, even if attributed to the wrong album (or 'untitled album') than decimate my stats.

    There has to be some sort of reasonable middle ground that is doable by Lastfm (before 2022).

    -G.

    • headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2012, 12:00

    Re:Better navigation/functions for listening history/song history/album history pages

    http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/2032871/_/17902637
    VanHalenFreakZ said:
    Adding a "jump to page #" field for scrobbled track pages(like this page: http://www.last.fm/user/VanHalenFreakZ/tracks )
    Currently you can go one by one or to the complete end (or beginning) of the list of songs you've played.
    Could you type the page number into the url?
    http://www.last.fm/user/VanHalenFreakZ/tracks?page=22
    or use the Day by Day Listening navigation?
    note the breadcrumb along the top "Tracks » 2012 » February » 08"

    Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

    headey cocktail
    • Schander sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2012, 23:46
    juepucta said:
    Schander said:
    Not only would it save an incredibly amount of time and prevent frustration, for those amongst us who actually care about having their charts and library in a pristine or even immaculate condition... but it would also drastically alter and immensely improve the accuracy of the popular/most listened albums for the entire website.


    I hear you BUT i'd rather have my scrobbles there, even if attributed to the wrong album (or 'untitled album') than decimate my stats.

    There has to be some sort of reasonable middle ground that is doable by Lastfm (before 2022).

    -G.

    I meant it as a pro-argument for an album tag editing/merging feature. If I were to do this all manually track by track, it'd probably be better just to reset everything... due to the massive number of mistags.

    wh00p said:
    Just a quick question - will you make that /explore feature visible somewhere? I find it an amazing source of different data and everyone I've shown it to so far was just as pleased. Are there any plans of adding a direct link to it somewhere or not? Or ... is it already somewhere out there and I managed to miss it? :D

    You can always bookmark it... that's what I did.

  • The suggestion to be able to manually assign tracks to the correct album is obviously the way to go. If it gets done automatically then it's gonna be a mess!

    Having said that, anything is better than "Unknown album"



    • wh00p sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 mar 2012, 10:18
    Schander said:
    You can always bookmark it... that's what I did.

    I know, of course, but by not making it visible anywhere, many people are missing out on a great feature just because they don't know it even exists. That's the only reason why I'm suggesting the last.fm people to find a way to implement it.

    When it really comes down to it, would you really choose economics over environment,
    where will you be when there is no clean air or water?
    Screw economics for the moment.
    I want to live.
    Clara Price
  • wh00p said:
    will you make that /explore feature visible somewhere? ... Are there any plans of adding a direct link to it somewhere or not? ... :D

    This is a "secret" feature - as Alex explained when we released it - http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/2028178. It was built as a side project, and it works well enough that we are happy to release it, but we are working on other solutions to the same problem (giving you better ways to explore your listening history) which we hope will be even better. So, while we do have plans to provide this functionality, we won't be exposing this "explore" feature to more people. Though unless something breaks, it will probably stay available until the new feature is released.

    Killinstinct said:
    Does this mean you will start importing information from MusicBrainz, regarding albums and tracklists?

    Yes.

    VanHalenFreakZ said:
    Adding a "jump to page #" field for scrobbled track pages(like this page: http://www.last.fm/user/VanHalenFreakZ/tracks )
    ...
    Another option would be to add a delete button for a specific listen of a track
    ...
    My last and final suggestion would be to add a delete button for albums,

    Thanks for these suggestions. The second one is in today's release. About the others, as Bloopy says, they're workarounds, not fixes for the underlying problem. Obviously, it makes more sense to devote resources to the underlying problem, rather than short-term workarounds.

    The change that we have implemented will make it much easier to delete specific instances where the wrong tags have been scrobbled. I know it's not optimal, but it's an improvement on how it was before.

    We're going to close this topic thread now, but if you'd like to comment on anything that's in the current release, head on over to http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/2035674

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.