Forum » Feedback and Ideas

February 8th site update

• February 8th site update

We just released our lastest update of Last.fm. This is what's new this time:

- Have you prepared yourself for Valentine's Day? If you're planning to surprise your better half with a romantic trip, have a look at our Valentines special. We analysed our scrobble data and found which cities are more romantic, and which are more sexy, so choose wisely. We also had a look at tracks that got scrobbled especially on Valentine's Day, we were quite surprised by a few of them. Keep an eye on our blog in the next few days for more insights on how we did it.

- We try hard not to, but sometimes we might recommend you an artist, album or event you're not really interested in. To make our recommendations more relevant to you, we added a nifty feature codenamed "Dismissable Recs". Just hover over a recommendation (here, for example) and click on the gray dismiss button in the upper right corner. Don't be afraid to try it, you have a few seconds to undo it.

- With this release we also added another hidden demo feature: Event Charts let's you explore you who you've seen live most often, and which venues you've been to. Remember, this is just a demo, it might disappear or break at any time, but we thought you might like to play with it.

- There's no such thing as a release without bugfixes. This time we've fixed issues with our API, the visual radio, our Facebook friend finder and lots of other places.

That's it for this time, but we'll be back in two weeks with more.

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 9 feb 2012, 00:04

Re: February 8th site update

marekventur said:
    - With this release we also added another hidden demo feature: Event Charts let's you explore you who you've seen live most often, and which venues you've been to. Remember, this is just a demo, it might disappear or break at any time, but we thought you might like to play with it.
    That's great! The quick links to all the venues I've been to are handy. It would be nice if there were charts for cities and countries too.

We do of course need a way to tick which artists we actually watched at each event. Or at least say how many times we didn't watch a band, so the number can be subtracted.

Bugs:

- It's counting the bands on this event twice.

- It's counting Bloodletting 4x instead of 3x for me, not sure why. I checked their event listing and I definitely only went to 3, although I added 2 other events they played.

Redigerad av Bloopy den 20 feb 2012, 00:09
    • rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 9 feb 2012, 20:22
    Thanks for the update.

• witter56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 feb 2012, 20:37
    Event charts don't seem to work for me. I added a couple of events and it still says "You haven't attended any events yet. Why not find some now?"

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 20 feb 2012, 00:07
    ^You have event charts now, so it probably only updates once a week.

I've figured out it's actually the bands on this event which are counting 1 too many for me. I'll try removing it from my events & adding it back and see what happens.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.