Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Add "Adjust Thumbnail" function when uploading images

• Add "Adjust Thumbnail" function when uploading images

The title says it all, but why not add the function where users who upload picture to artists etc can adjust the 126s-thumbnail picture (moving it up-down,zoom the width etc) so the whole band/artist is visible in artist picture when viewing it in the Library?
    I mean, it shouldn't be that hard to create that kind of function? It's avaliable on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace etc... I'm surprised that you guys haven't fixed this YET, this has actually bugged me since the new Last.fm design (and the introducing of Library) was launched in 2008...

I already know that the thumbnail pictures are cropped into a square, but I really think you should fix so the Library thumbnail is different from the 64s-square thumbnail.

As it is now, one single picture can be re-uploaded up to 10 times because different users "have the best cropping for the Library" etc. (I'm uploading artist picture that show the whole band into Library myself) and we shouldn't have to modify the pictures with gradients and other shit just to get the whole band visible into the Library.

The Staff/Moderator crew could save a lot of "flaggings" on adding this function, and the users can stop bother re-uploading the same picture all the time and listen to the music instead ;)

Redigerad av Killinstinct den 25 dec 2011, 23:21
    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 25 dec 2011, 22:35
    +1

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
  • +1

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 jan 2012, 00:46
    Great idea. I am with you. +1

• smee85 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2012, 10:27
    +1

• +1

• rfruth11 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 mar 2012, 03:36
    love it

• +

• God yes.

• +1

• Re: Add "Adjust Thumbnail" function when uploading images

Killinstinct said:
    The title says it all, but why not add the function where users who upload picture to artists etc can adjust the 126s-thumbnail picture (moving it up-down,zoom the width etc) so the whole band/artist is visible in artist picture when viewing it in the Library?

I agree totally, we'd love to do this. It's on our list. There are other things with higher priority though, so I'm afraid I can't give you a definite date.

• Thank you Couldtryharder for the answer.

I'm glad to hear that this actually is on your "to do"-list, because this is requested by many users!

• This would be AWESOME! +1

• jtojnar sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 apr 2012, 23:05
    +1

• +1

• +1

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 sep 2012, 06:51
    Can we upload images to the site? I think it would be cool to expand Toby Turner's album a bit. If so how do I do it?
    Thanks.

• said:
    Can we upload images to the site? I think it would be cool to expand Toby Turner's album a bit. If so how do I do it?
    Thanks.
    I’m a new user and I don’t seem to be able to upload any artist or album images to Last.fm, what’s going on?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.