Forum » Feedback and Ideas

December 14th site update

• December 14th site update

Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!

It's the season for giving, and we've rolled out some new features on Last.fm this week. Why don't you sit on Santa's lap, and we'll see what he can move from his sack to your stockings...

A new way to listen to Last.fm's independent catalogue: Last.fm Discover. Happy Hanukkah! We've worked with Microsoft to build Last.fm Discover, a new HTML5 music player that plays exclusively indie content. Browse by tag, find more music similar or different to your current track, and create mixes to share with your friends. We'll have a blog post up about this soon, but for now you can check out GigaOM's summary or just try it out for yourself.

A new charts section. Merry Kwanzaa! We've launched a redesigned charts section, that's now prettier, easier to use, and lets you start artist radio right there from the page. Information about each artist is now easier to read, and there's some swish new buttons for loving, tagging, & buying tracks. More info on our blog; check it out and let us know what you think.

The new Spotify app is out of beta. Good Yule! Spotify's launched support for apps, and Last.fm's got a kickass app for it. Get your recommendations directly in Spotify, see Last.fm stats about what you're listening to, and build playlists based on your charts. If you want it right now you have to download Spotify's preview release, but they're slowly rolling out the upgrade to everyone. So the next time you see a Spotify update, be sure to try out our app. :)

Bonus blog post. Yay solstice! Read about The Adventures of a Data Team Intern.

Bonus toys from Music Hack Day. Enjoy the feast of St Nicholas! The Last.fm team was at Music Hack Day London, building things and helping the many developers use our APIs. We made audio analysis available via our API, which Matthias made an app to let you listen to Spotify based on audio features. Marek built a virtual music store, and yours truly did some data visualisation called The Pitchfork Effect. Other people built Last.fm related hacks too – check out The Pretentiometer and Last.mood. Finally, alumni Hannah and Roel built Owl Octave. Who doesn't need a keyboard made of owls?
    Remember that these are all made in 24 hours, so they may be rough around the edges (or broken entirely). Be gentle. Again, there's more about Music Hack day on the blog.

Bugfixes. Have a great Night of the Radishes! We've fixed a sleighload of bugs in this release, including wonky activity feeds, broken album pages, and login problems for BlackBerry users.

That's it for 2011. We're already looking forward to 2012, but here's some highlights from the past 12 months:

• An upgraded Music Manager
    • A new app for the iPhone
    • A pause button on the radio
    Friends Radio
    Tag filter all your personal radio stations
    • The return of the Friend Finder
    • Updated event & festival pages, including Gig Buddies
    Short URLs for music pages
    • A better ignore list
    • Ads that obey the radio volume control
    • ... And all of the other features above.

Have a great holiday, and we'll see you again in the new year.

— Team Last.fm

• soadize sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 dec 2011, 21:54
    I really like the new Discoverer. Interesting design, nice features and great music. Is there some way to save a mix without sharing it?

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 15 dec 2011, 01:04
    I really like the Discover thing as well, but it feels a little unfinished for now. I have lots of specific feedback (that I already posted on IRC).

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
  • Tecfan it's probably best if you create a new thread (if no one else has) regarding Discover feedback. That way, other members can share their feedback as well.

• Could this be related to this update: http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/2025372

I can't be held responsable for whatever i say
    • rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 18 dec 2011, 15:06
    Well thanks for all this...I am looking forward to playing with discover.

I hope everyone does better 2012 than they did in 2011 :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.