Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Last.fm for Facebook

• I have a feeling that last.fm are being quiet and that this means something is in the works. If they had no plans for an integration (don't know why they wouldn't) then they would come out and refute the rumours. But can't take this long can it?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    • juepucta sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2011, 11:55
    You might be right. But there's also the fact that it's the holidays. But again, you might be right.

• Bucch88 sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2011, 18:52

Re:I just want this:

tomisafishlike ha detto:
    Could it really be so hard to have a last.fm version/last.fm integration?

That's it! You got the point!

An app like the one in the image will be awesome.

• Re:Re: How about this app?

Maddieman said:
    ShaneyMac said:
    https://apps.facebook.com/lastfm-og-scrobbler/

I've been testing this app for a few months now - it's does pretty much what you'd expect from it. There are technical constraints though (regarding the number of calls made to our api, which can potentially affect the rest of the site), which need to be resolved before the author can make this public.

Also, as Knapster01 said, we have to decide how we want Last.fm's data to interact with Facebook in the best way for everyone. We don't want it to get too spammy - a lot of people find the Spotify ticker integration too noisy, as it floods the ticker. So we'd definitely appreciate your feedback on this - what kind of Last.fm interactions would you like to see published on Facebook and how frequently? (I don't mean just scrobbles, but loved tracks, charts, playlists, wiki edits, etc)

Incidentally, there are already several terrific facebook apps for publishing your weekly / monthly charts, and loved tracks

I was under the impression that the ticker was supposed to be "spammy". Facebook designed it to be a list of literally everything that's happening with your friends, in real time, and as more sites (think newspapers, blogs, youtube, etc) embrace opengraph it will become more and more spammy. That's why we still have the separate feed and it's ability to sort content by relevance.

I for one sincerely hope that an official Last.fm Facebook app is (at least optionally) as tightly integrated and as active as spotify. I'm tired of feeling inferior to my Spotify friends.

Ideally it would integrate with Facebook's Music section, like Spotify, but I believe Facebook reserves that privilege for partners.

• Sinriel said:
    Phil_Dash said:
    "a lot of people find the Spotify ticker integration too noisy,"

I dont!

Orly? Imagine half of your friends using it at the same time.

Like I said, is that more noisy than endless status updates or people writing "Fab pic hun xx" and all the other rubbish that comes up?

• I think we're past the point of really arguing whether or not there is demand, that is pretty obvious. At this point I'm wondering why there hasn't been a peep from the developers in over 3 weeks, since the Topic really heated up with both desire to see the functionality and actual ideas for how it should work.

• SyrFox sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jan 2012, 17:08
    Cryptecks said:
    I think we're past the point of really arguing whether or not there is demand, that is pretty obvious. At this point I'm wondering why there hasn't been a peep from the developers in over 3 weeks, since the Topic really heated up with both desire to see the functionality and actual ideas for how it should work.

this.

• FACEBOOK AND LAST.FM WOOT

Zach
  • Seriously Last.FM Staff and people - this SHOULD NOT be hard to do. I used Rdio, and it "Scrobbled" what i listened to there. I've attached a screenshot. As i didn't listen to it much today, there's only 2 songs listed in the tiny box below in the first one on the left. However....ALL of my plays are listed when i click the "Music" box in the profile.

• I'd be really interested in hearing what the last.fm developers are working on with regards this thread ( i want to see something similar to the spotify data on the ticker for last.fm).

There seems to be a big demand for this but as yet no sign of any official last.fm app for facebook.

• iroQuai sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jan 2012, 16:46
    Just posting again to keep this topic in focus ;) I really really miss a last.fm plugin for the facebook timeline! Anything like the spotify app would do!

Een Vergissing is Meesterlijk!
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jan 2012, 00:33
    Use Spotify?

• +1

I have been looking for this for a long time. Spotify has a very limited music collection and it only seems to publish things to facebook that it has in it's system, I would much rather use last.fm because then I am free to listen to what I want, via whatever music player I want.

• +1

I'd also like something from Last.fm that mimics the Spotify functionality. Just show what you're listening to in the ticker and aggregate the listens into your Facebook Music profile section. Done and won.

• Kuberman sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jan 2012, 21:23

+1

They've managed to do this with Spotify why not Last.fm? I REALLY would appreciate this app and some of my friends who has facebook are not using Spotify cause it's kinda "unpatriotic".... So Last.fm People! Do-fuckin'-it! :P

EDIT: and is there really need for a Timeline?

• juepucta sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jan 2012, 05:24
    Knowing the weird thought precesses of post-CBS Last, the fact that they are silent means they are working on something. Or negotiating some detail with FB. Who gets what data or what traffic, etc.

-G.

• I don't consider the spotify messages in my facebook ticker as spam.
    I just WANT the same for my LastFm!
    How hard can it be?????
    To all creative, energetic and smart people, do something about this!!!
    Now!(snap fingers)

• Waiting for the last.fm staff to develop an official app for Facebook, is there a cool unofficial one that works with Timeline ?

• Brlggs sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 09:16
    When this app is finally finnished and available, Could Last.fm notify everyone who responded in this forum. I really don't wanna miss this app, and i'm not planning to check up on this forum thread every 2 days.

What i think the app should contain:

5-10 recently listened tracks
    Summary of top 5 monthly listened artist and the number of scrobbles/artist

• om101 sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 12:11

replytracker

Brlggs said:
    When this app is finally finnished and available, Could Last.fm notify everyone who responded in this forum. I really don't wanna miss this app, and i'm not planning to check up on this forum thread every 2 days.

Its not ideal, but you can use the replytracker
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/2026980

• I've scrobbled for years, I'd love to see all the songs I've listened to, position themselves in the appropriate parts of the music section of my timeline.

And to avoid being as spammy as spotify, only make one posting of the 5 or so top artists I listened to that week, then integrate / add it to the rest of the plays on the music section.

• Seems like it would work fine with the Timeline design on facebook. Isn't that eventually going to be forced on everyone anyway?

Other things like Spotify and Netflix seem to be fine with the timeline.

• oops, double post.

Redigerad av DarkElvick den 17 jan 2012, 12:01
  • Timeline integration would rock. I would love to see my previous scrobbles on fb!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.