Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Last.fm for Facebook

• Wennu sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2011, 12:20
    albertovelandia said:
    I just want it to work the same way the Spotify app does, showing what you are listening to and maintain the stats, nothing fancy, please make it work

My needs for the app are pretty much the same. I only listen some tracks from Spotify so the Spotify app isn't showing the realistic charts of my listening habits.

• ror77 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2011, 13:11
    +1, I've actually been looking for an "official" way to share my scrobbles (and loved tracks, too, but scrobbles are what's more important to me) and now with Timeline it can be done, every site is integrating its data into it.

• ohbryn sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2011, 14:48
    Something like this would be super. Just a simple feature to show the users desired number of recently listened tracks, and a link to their last.fm profile is all it really needs. Spotify have got the right idea!

• I wouldn't mind if it was just a display of my last.fm stats even! I'd just like a way of displaying what I've been listening to as an app on my facebook timeline :)

• Just the same as Spotify does it pl0x.

• Goblim sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2011, 14:06
    I looked a this new timeline thing on facebook and I didn't like it at all. Please ignore this yet another "facebook-taking-over-the-world"-initiative and just make last.fm behave exactly the same way on facebook as it does on last.fm and make it customizable - i.e. so that you can choose exacly what information you want to publish.

Last.fm shouldn't have to adapt to fit into the borg (oops, I mean facebook :P) collective, but rather facebook should adapt to it's users. In short, instead of facebook taking over last.fm, let's make it last.fm taking over faceboook! That I would support fully.

Maybe I'm going a bit off topic now but: Considering the ambitions of facebook I would be careful if I were you (last.fm owners). As I'm sure you know, big companies (and especially big, corrupt, dishonest companies like facebook) have a tendecy to be like huge monsters and cannibals. I.e. the biggest company consumes other companies and then makes them a part of themselves. It already happened to spotify and I don't ever want it happening to last.fm. I would rather prefer that there'll never be e a working connection between the two than last.fm getting bought by facebook. Please beware. Never sell out. Keep your integrity. Thanks.

Thunder
  • "a lot of people find the Spotify ticker integration too noisy,"

I dont! Why is that any less 'noisy' than endless inconsequential status updates? Someone earlier in the thread had the idea that perhaps only every 5th song gets updated on the ticker? This could be a customisable option perhaps?

Goblim - I think facebook are more than aware of last.fm. Its not as though this type of integration is going to make those at facebook aware of last.fm for the first time!!

• dfnj123 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 dec 2011, 05:50
    All I need is a simple way to show people what I'm listening too...

If Last.fm released an official app with that one functionality I would be more than satisfied...

• Brydie68 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 dec 2011, 16:18
    As someone who despises the stalker's dream aka 'the ticker' I have to say I haven't found updates from Spotify to it that noisy. I quite like as well how in your profile and on the news feed all the spotify updates get clumped together so you are told X has listened to Z tracks as well # of other tracks today. If last.fm did this (remaining optional for those who don't wish to display their real-time listening) would definitely be welcome by me.
    The other essential part is some way of displaying last.fm charts and data like the old facebook apps let you as well as the ability to customize what is displayed (i.e. monthly charts over weekly charts - top 5 artists rather than top 10). Would it be possible to integrate this into the current "facebook.com/[profile name]/music" page that spotify utilizes? Or have scrobbles included into the music app? If this is the case it'd additionally be great if it was possible to display Last.fm charts above the Spotify ones. Spotify to me is to be used solely to listen to new music before I decide whether or not it's worth getting compared to using Last.fm to scrobble my listens from spotify, my mp3 player and winamp.

Edit: P.S. if the staff do decide to go ahead with some form of integration to the new facebook profile can we have some idea of ETA?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 dec 2011, 15:14
    Yeah, I think it'd be cool if we had something like that which shows what you're currently playing and stuff.

I advise last.fm sort this out and get it arranged.

• Re:Re: How about this app?

i have to agree with alberto and others in saying what i want is something similar to spotify's ticker data. also recognizing the validity of Maddieman's points, some users find this type if info too "spammy." so why not leave it customizable for each user, i.e. each last.fm user can choose the format and frequency of ticker updates. it doesn't have to be super complex, here's an example - two options.

data type [checkbox]: scrobbles, loved tracks, event rsvp, etc.
    frequency [dropdown]: real time, hourly digest, daily digest, weekly digest

my two cents,
    breathmint

Maddieman said:
    We don't want it to get too spammy - a lot of people find the Spotify ticker integration too noisy, as it floods the ticker. So we'd definitely appreciate your feedback on this - what kind of Last.fm interactions would you like to see published on Facebook and how frequently? (I don't mean just scrobbles, but loved tracks, charts, playlists, wiki edits, etc)

Knapster01 said:
    It would be great if you could let us know exactly what type of Last.fm data you want to see in an official app. :)

albertovelandia said:
    I just want it to work the same way the Spotify app does, showing what you are listening to and maintain the stats, nothing fancy, please make it work

--

breathmint
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 dec 2011, 19:15

the same type of ideas have been requested here

the same type of ideas have been requested here
    http://www.last.fm/group/Connect+Last.fm/forum/128131/_/546701/1
    but we don't seem to be getting much of a response
    http://www.last.fm/group/Connect+Last.fm/forum/128131/_/546701/14#f17488014

If http://www.lastfmsocial.com/ , http://lastfmlovetweet.com/ and http://www.tweekly.fm/ can do this why can't we have an official Last.FM app that integrates with Facebook,Twitter and Spotify !

• anddh sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 dec 2011, 18:09
    I'd love this integration too! We seem to be missing out by being members of last.fm and it's really sad because I think it's THE best music service there is and it's still (somehow) somewhat undiscovered by the masses!

Now a little off topic...
    Goblim said:
    Maybe I'm going a bit off topic now but: Considering the ambitions of facebook I would be careful if I were you (last.fm owners). As I'm sure you know, big companies (and especially big, corrupt, dishonest companies like facebook) have a tendecy to be like huge monsters and cannibals. I.e. the biggest company consumes other companies and then makes them a part of themselves. It already happened to spotify and I don't ever want it happening to last.fm. I would rather prefer that there'll never be e a working connection between the two than last.fm getting bought by facebook. Please beware. Never sell out. Keep your integrity. Thanks.

Last.fm is already owned by CBS...

• djt525 sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 dec 2011, 19:48

Re:How about this app?

ShaneyMac said:
    https://apps.facebook.com/lastfm-og-scrobbler/

not working I instaleded it and it's not doing nothing :/

• "Loved Tracks" are most important ones!

I've been using http://www.lastfmsocial.com/ to publish my loved tracks on facebook, and since it's not working on timeline, I think it would be great to have an alternative, official app.

All this problem is kind of surprising though! : you guys develop THE BEST and MOST POWERFUL audio audio scrobbling service, and you have a flexible API, but you don't have a working facebook app!!!

• iroQuai sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 dec 2011, 13:28
    I think the timeline in facebook is a great extra way to show your listening preferences. For instance, I'd love to see which songs or albums I listened to in a specific month or year - especially when there are also some status updates in that timeline to remind me what i was up to back then! I really hope Last.FM will come with an official app!

Een Vergissing is Meesterlijk!
    • Hunkpapa sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2011, 02:23

Re: Re:Re: How about this app?

_breathmint_ said:
    i have to agree with alberto and others in saying what i want is something similar to spotify's ticker data. also recognizing the validity of Maddieman's points, some users find this type if info too "spammy." so why not leave it customizable for each user, i.e. each last.fm user can choose the format and frequency of ticker updates. it doesn't have to be super complex, here's an example - two options.

data type [checkbox]: scrobbles, loved tracks, event rsvp, etc.
    frequency [dropdown]: real time, hourly digest, daily digest, weekly digest

my two cents,
    breathmint

Another idea would be to have the little drop down box in the Recent Tracks section of my Last.fm profile (where I would "love" or add tags to a track) have an option to push a post to Facebook timeline. That way, I can customize the track scrobbles that I want to be seen by my Facebook friends on a track-by-track basis.

• juepucta sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2011, 02:26
    Then it's better to have a searchable timeline within Last. Otherwise you'd be adding an item per track to the FB timeline and it is going to be a mess, not to mention spammy. I listen to 100 tracks a week (aprox). That's a hundred items broadcast out to my contact list, for their pleasure.

Again, i'd rather have a searchable timeline in here.

(yes i know there is a third party demo plaything - i mean part of the site)

-G.

• shaliron sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2011, 05:14

Recent Charts

I think showing a weekly chart (or 3/6/12 months) in a 'recently played' area would work well.

Also, information when a user starts listening to a new artist/track could be interesting information to add to the ticker, or loves a track, if the goal to reduce noise is desired (as opposed to showing every single scrobbled track).

• Sinriel sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2011, 08:35
    Phil_Dash said:
    "a lot of people find the Spotify ticker integration too noisy,"

I dont!

Orly? Imagine half of your friends using it at the same time.

Terminus Est.
    • 9point6 sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2011, 18:14
    +1 for implementation just like spotify. Sure, allow users to turn off various aspects, but I'd like it to do the same.

I hardly use spotify, but I use itunes, google music, my android phone and even some music based video games all the time, so it'd be great if I could share those scrobbles.

• undeaded sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 dec 2011, 17:38
    +1 for Last.FM to be like spotify in the ticker.

Also for those of you that want to try something similar: www.ifttt.com
    Stands for if this then that.

Basically I have it set up such: If loved track on Last.fm post link to Facebook.

• om101 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 dec 2011, 17:58
    Maddieman said:

Also, as Knapster01 said, we have to decide how we want Last.fm's data to interact with Facebook in the best way for everyone. We don't want it to get too spammy - a lot of people find the Spotify ticker integration too noisy, as it floods the ticker. So we'd definitely appreciate your feedback on this - what kind of Last.fm interactions would you like to see published on Facebook and how frequently? (I don't mean just scrobbles, but loved tracks, charts, playlists, wiki edits, etc)

I'd like a facebook app (similar to the Spotify Facebook app) that displays my last.fm charts (and possibly loved tracks and events) within the app. Ideally I'd like to be able to control which time periods (7 days, month, year, all time) are displayed within the app.

Crucially, I'd like charts that reflect my full last.fm scrobbling history (not just new scrobbles after installing a facebook app), which is much more comprehensive than my spotify listening history.

I don't need or want every single scrobbled song to show in facebook and I'd like control over whether or not my charts get periodically published to the main timeline.

The charts don't necessarily need to be as comprehensive as they are on last.fm. You could restrict them to the top 10 in each category and ommit the per artist/album/track counts if you wanted too.

• I just want this:

Could it really be so hard to have a last.fm version/last.fm integration?

• Been searching for something like this all day!! Please build. And yes, just make it more or less like Spotify does, as long as we can get our scrobbles on FB I'll be happy.

How can I get notified of this if/when it gets built?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.