Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Official images

• KeIemvor sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 dec 2011, 02:31

Official images

What's the status on this matter? I mean, is there any way, any conditions for removing or making vote-able official images on a non-shared artist page? Maybe by uploading the same images in a better quality (jpg>png?) ?
    I'm just curious if we will have to deal with seeing the same official images forever or if there will be some change, some solution. I know there are lots of affected artist pages.

• DFA1979 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 3 dec 2011, 10:34

Re: Official images

KeIemvor said:
    I mean, is there any way, any conditions for removing or making vote-able official images on a non-shared artist page?
    In a word: No.

• KeIemvor sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 dec 2011, 21:01
    I'd like to hear the word of a mod or staff member on this.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 3 dec 2011, 22:32
    Well, DFA1979 used to be a moderator. I'm not sure you're going to hear different words B-)

However, I disagree. The solution would be to get the label/artist to change the official picture. Talk to them.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 dec 2011, 23:23
    There used to be some intermittent issue with musicmanager I believe not letting some artists change or remove their official image. Dunno if it's fixed...

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 4 dec 2011, 00:09
    Hmm. If I were an artist, I'd certainly be lobbying for that feature to be fixed. Thanks for the note.

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • This really needs to be changed. The best comment I've ever seen on an official image is, "this is surprisingly not horrible for an official image." They're pretty much all bad, and even if they're fine, they always get old after a while. So much of the fun of having a visual library is having the image change. Labels/artists shouldn't be able to set a default picture.

• Injektilo623 said:

Labels/artists shouldn't be able to set a default picture.

I second that. All official images have to go.

• baphometmsk said:
    Injektilo623 said:
    Labels/artists shouldn't be able to set a default picture.

I second that. All official images have to go.

This.

It is so boring looking at the same official image over and over again.

• -Trail- sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 feb 2012, 18:53
    I once had an official image that had been up for around four years taken down. What a glorious day that was.

• Användare
    • 24 feb 2012, 04:24
    I too really, really, really want to choose my own picture for each (or at least) most of the artists in my library that would become the default not only in my library, but around the rest of Last.fm too. Is something like this possible or is the staff just not interested in implementing this? Please answer that question <-

• I want this feature to be removed, also, people should be able to pick what photo will represent artists in their libraries.

• wisbech sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 mar 2012, 10:42
    Kaltenhoenn said:
    I want this feature to be removed, also, people should be able to pick what photo will represent artists in their libraries.

Second this!

• macekowe sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 mar 2012, 17:24
    Kaltenhoenn said:
    people should be able to pick what photo will represent artists in their libraries.

No chance for this, because last.fm staff is too lazy and they don't care what people want. This site is unfriendly for users.

• I would say, business things are more important for obvious reasons and later there's no time to consider and make what people are suggesting.

• Användare
    • 12 apr 2012, 17:37
    Why hasn't any mod replied to the thread yet? I don't see what's the problem in us users choosing the band picture we like the most, and I don't even recall anyone liking official images

• DFA1979 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 12 apr 2012, 17:56
    nakedtrees said:
    Why hasn't any mod replied to the thread yet? I don't see what's the problem in us users choosing the band picture we like the most, and I don't even recall anyone liking official images
    An answer's already been given (the site does not have this functionality), there's no real need for a mod to reply. Same goes for staff. Unless they're planning to add it (it's been brought up plenty of times and the answer is always the same, I can't imagine there's any chance the situation will change in the near future), there's nothing left to say.

• sterkly sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 apr 2012, 16:28
    listen to users more /bestadvice

Do you build apps? Get more users with sterkly
  • [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 5 dec 2013, 10:22
    • DFA1979 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 4 maj 2012, 23:19
    You know different people have different perspectives and different opinions, right? There are already plenty of artists complaining that they don't have enough control over their artist page, removing the ability to set official images would do nothing to pacify them. Meanwhile, I'd bet that the majority of users simply don't care either way, or have fairly mild feelings on the matter.

tl;dr: I don't like them either, but you need to realise that "I hate <x>" is not equivalent to "<x> are universally hated".

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 5 maj 2012, 01:06
    DFA1979 said:
    You know different people have different perspectives and different opinions, right?
    Yeah, but I don't like it.

Those people need to change their minds to my way of thinking. B-)

• forestt sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2012, 17:20
    just encountered an official image for the first time. its rubbish.

• If official images can't be removed, please let us choose which picture will be displayed for each artist in our library.

• forestt sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 09:55
    DFA1979 said:
    "I hate <x>" is not equivalent to "<x> are universally hated".

Uhm yeah but

sterkly said:
    listen to users more /bestadvice

Artists might not like it but last.fm is a site for listeners, always has been.

• DFA1979 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 12 maj 2012, 13:41
    forestt said:
    Artists might not like it but last.fm is a site for listeners, always has been.
    Yes. Which is exactly why the artists get to control precisely nothing except for uploading their music and setting official images. But there has to be some level of compromise, if they didn't keep artists happy then there wouldn't be anything for listeners to actually listen to. You may disagree on where the compromise should be, but ignoring artists' desires entirely would be a very narrow-minded way to go about things.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.